Regarding Percy

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't have any off season hip surgery I think his odds will be much better.
As far as players targeting him: I think Russell will learn to avoid throwing him into free safetys rather quickly like he does everything else.

chris98251

Reaction score
He survives by not being ran into the ground, Rice and Harvin both were beat up in Minny and we have seen to what extent. We have 4 and 5 maybe 6 deep at WR, Harvin playing and getting surgical touches while ball distribution to the others as well as our running game taking almost 50 percent of the plays makes it a easier season for him.

It is also what makes us more dangerous going forward, you have only so many guys to cover all our weapons, if your going to cheat in the box to stop Lynch you pay, if you Cheat in the box to stop Lynch and double Harvin or Shadow Harvin you pay more. If you stack the box to stop Lynch, double or shadow Harvin and try to spy Wilson ouch your really gonna pay.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Chill Winston.

Percy Has missed THREE games during his Vikings career. He has played 16,14, and 15 games the last two years he has played 10. If fully healed we can expect about a full season form the guy. ALSO he has returned a kick off for a touchdown EVERY year that he has played including this season he has kick off returns of 105,104 and 101 yards for TD's. I think he will be fine.

hawk45

Reaction score
I think if we avoid throwing at him over the middle too much he's just as big a factor, and he has a much better chance at staying healthy. The SB was a giant advertisement for that approach.

When he has the ball in a position to see the defenders coming, his speed and body control is such that defenders have a hard time even locating him as he blurs past, let alone getting a good shot on him.

ensett

Reaction score
How are teams in the NFC West going to catch up with Percy?

bellingerga

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":bokb08w6 said:
I'm just scared of teams trying to blow him up

They have to catch him first, which if the superbowl was any measuring stick in regards to that, is much easier said than done.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
My question is how are the NFC West going to stop those jet sweeps and Russell Wilson? Also you do understand JS is telling most FA's sorry we don't want you? We will get the EXACT players we want come March. His phone is off the hook right now,.Man it's good to be a Seahawk player or fan now. Totally insane.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
sdog1981":1cpw69dp said:
Chill Winston.

Percy Has missed THREE games during his Vikings career. He has played 16,14, and 15 games the last two years he has played 10. If fully healed we can expect about a full season form the guy. ALSO he has returned a kick off for a touchdown EVERY year that he has played including this season he has kick off returns of 105,104 and 101 yards for TD's. I think he will be fine.

This.

3 games in 3 years, until Hawks game 2012 when he went down with season ending injury. Not like he has lived on IR.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
By playing football. Percy will be just fine. The rough patch is over and he'll get the full dose of prep as the next season approaches. Calm down and love the guy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Can we just lock this thread now, since we know where it's going? Jesus Christ.

Percy, don't worry; there are plenty of us that love and fully support you.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":122t7pul said:
I'm just scared of teams trying to blow him up

We're talking about Percy freakin Harvin, not Wes Charmin Soft Welker here.

He's had ONE concussion and you're worried? his hip is finally healthy after being reconstructed, a full off season of work outs. Percy is going be the least of our concerns during the season, I can tell you that much.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He's like, 97% healthy right now, and we're just entering the off-season. Give me a break. He is going to tear the freaking NFL up next fall, just watch.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bzc9vpg said:
He's like, 97% healthy right now, and we're just entering the off-season. Give me a break. He is going to tear the freaking NFL up next fall, just watch.
I sense something historic is coming in 2014. Every FA worth a damn begging JS to sign them, Percy 100%, our OWN FA's saying in public they will sign for under market value....

Seafan

Reaction score
If you noticed, the Hawks didn't put him in as dangerous positions in the SB like they did against the Saints. He had an impact on the game without catching anything north of the LOS. Even though he's been a great slot receiver in the past IMO the Hawks will use him more as an outside guy.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":2509m0dw said:
How is he gonna survive a full season in the NFC west?

Man before he got hurt Percy was reliable.Surgery and those two hits against New Orleans would have put most other players back a year but the fact he was out everyone acts like he's made of glass thats pretty weak in my opinion.

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, Percy wasn't really fully healthy when we signed him. He had the surgery later than the team suggested, too. He got back. and then the concussion, which is unrelated to the hip problem that cost him the first part of the year.

Sure, I worry a bit about him, but as was pointed out above, we won't be using him for 30-40 plays a game. We have a lot of other tools in the toolbox to use.

Everybody should be looking forward to seeing him play for us. It should be exciting.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Harvin is fine..To the Harvin haters I saw posting for weeks.. :177692: :D