Lynch asks Pete: "Is it alright if we score more points"

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I took it as this.

I feel like all year we were being ultra conservative with our offense. Whether it was because of the defenses we were facing or because our own defense was so stout. Not that we told our offense not to score but we ran safe plays and really didn't try to score a ton of points. It worked and we went 16-3 and won the Super Bowl of course, but our offense had to take a back seat to the defense. We were a top 10 offense even being held back. I think Marshawn just was wondering if we had to go in kill clock mode or if the offense was going to keep being aggressive.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2vk0gbfe said:
I took it as this.

I feel like all year we were being ultra conservative with our offense. Whether it was because of the defenses we were facing or because our own defense was so stout. Not that we told our offense not to score but we ran safe plays and really didn't try to score a ton of points. It worked and we went 16-3 and won the Super Bowl of course, but our offense had to take a back seat to the defense. We were a top 10 offense even being held back. I think Marshawn just was wondering if we had to go in kill clock mode or if the offense was going to keep being aggressive.

dude it was the second quarter when he said that. He was just joking. Nothing more than that.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
goseahawks2012":1jpjj3jk said:
bigtrain21":1jpjj3jk said:
I took it as this.

dude it was the second quarter when he said that. He was just joking. Nothing more than that.

You have your opinion dude. I have mine. I can almost guarantee you that's what he meant.

Btw. Being a condescending jerk is not really neccessary is it?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No disrespect bigtrain but I have to agree...It appeared little more than Lynch being a goofball to his coach. It was in jest.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Aros":3s4pv52k said:
No disrespect bigtrain but I have to agree...It appeared little more than Lynch being a goofball to his coach. It was in jest.

No disrespect taken at all. I just don't like condescending comments like his. People can definitely have their own opinions.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I actually agree with bigtrain. I mean, it was obviously said in jest but it was definitely related to the fact that Pete put the handcuffs on the offense during that stretch when the defense was lights out at the end of the year. So, it was like "hey, are we actually allowed to score today?" I think Marshawn was slyly encouraging Pete to let Russell be Russell and stay in attack mode.

I mean, we've been talking about it for weeks. Pete's been commanding the offense to play it close to the vest. The man is obsessed with turnover differential. It got us to the Super Bowl, though, so I ain't faulting him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1pevvf0a said:
I took it as this.

I agree and 2nd qtr or not we had a lead in during the last 6 games as soon as we had a lead we went ultra conservative.

warden

Reaction score
The beasts emotions were let lose big time. He wanted to win this game so bad. He was just so happy and excited for days. Just awesome

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think Marshawn was getting a little good-natured dig in too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, let's all agree both takes are correct. We're frickin Super Bowl Champs after all as Pete would say! :D

Sac

Reaction score
bigtrain21":18sr9zs1 said:
Aros":18sr9zs1 said:

No disrespect taken at all. I just don't like condescending comments like his. People can definitely have their own opinions.

I didn't read it as condescending.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2jlwpybm said:
I took it as this.

Totally agree. All in good fun and like another poster suggested..."a little dig at Pete". But let's be real...the O wants to score pts and as frequently as possible. And if they didn't, I want them on other teams, spread out equally within the division.

dutchman063

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":348xafew said:
bigtrain21":348xafew said:
Aros":348xafew said:

I didn't read it as condescending.

It wasnt condescending... some people are so freakin touchy

Latest posts