Hawks defensive assistant heading to the Jaguars

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Gus Bradley and the Jags have hired Robert Saleh to be their linebackers coach. Saleh was a defensive quality control coach for the Hawks the past 3 seasons, while also assisting Ken Norton Jr. with the LB's.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Jags will be the AFC version of the Seahawks.

nah

probably not

themunn

Reaction score
Crizilla":1hgpj86f said:
Jags will be the AFC version of the Seahawks.

nah

probably not

They might not have the JS/PC eye for players, but it sure looked like they bought into "COMPETE" last year. Despite their limitations they never did an Atlanta or Houston and just give up, and that got them 4 hard earned wins that took the least talented team in the league out of reach of the 1st overall pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
rightbench":33ukpeoy said:
how cool would it be in a few years to face the Jags in a superbowl?!

I'd feel bad for Bradley when we beat him down.

I'd be happy for them if they got there and didn't face us.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkWow":1kytrbd0 said:
Not questioning his commitment to winning but.....

What the??? We hear how the players should reach for the money. How is it fair for the players and not the coaches?

Polk738

Reaction score
The Jags won't even be competitive until they find a QB, Gabbert was probably the biggest bust that franchise has ever seen and has set them back to rebuilding again. They've had 3 different coaches in 3 years plus an interim coach if you count Mel Tucker after Jack Del Rio was fired. They've consistently gotten high draft picks every year but just don't know how to use the talent that is given to them. Justin Blackmon has loads of talent but major off-field issues- Gus Bradley will definitely have his work cut out for him to turn that franchise around

chris98251

Reaction score
So many of the things said here applied to us when Pete got here, Gus is building his staff of guys that are going to be the mentors of all in for the Jags. Pete and JS had to build a philosophy and people to implement it. Bradley doesn't have the pool of people he worked with that Pete has, it may take a bit longer. Don't be surprised of some of our guys we thing as roll players get offered better contracts to start there as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3857d8ol said:
HawkWow":3857d8ol said:
Not questioning his commitment to winning but.....

What the??? We hear how the players should reach for the money. How is it fair for the players and not the coaches?

Your liberal use of color code #FFFF40 tells me I've crossed a line. Going forward, sir, I will be more liberal with emoticons whether I feel them necessary of not.

But to your point, if it was only about money, he must not have been worth much, because Paul's people get paid their worth. It is known. I think weather would be a more likely candidate... or a fondness for Gus. As Throwdown suggests, it likely wasn't the half painted helmets that won him over.

cacksman

Reaction score
I just spent 50 hours this morning watching coaching tape and now I honestly believe Robert Saleh can become one of the best linebacker coaches ever!

Poor decision to not retain him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Quality Control Coach is an entry level coaching job in the NFL. These guys break down tape and put together stats analysis, and they may help run the scout team in practices or do other tasks to assist position coaches and learn on the job. It's kind of like a paid internship (crappy money).

Going from that to a full position coach is definitely a step up.

Happy

Reaction score
Nice to see Gus doing one of the guys a solid. That's really cool.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sc85sis":1ijb3x0i said:
Quality Control Coach is an entry level coaching job in the NFL. These guys break down tape and put together stats analysis, and they may help run the scout team in practices or do other tasks to assist position coaches and learn on the job. It's kind of like a paid internship (crappy money).

Going from that to a full position coach is definitely a step up.

Oh wow. In my haste to be humorous / less, I overlooked the promotion part of the OP. That is a huge step up and a job he woulda' been wise to take even had it been less money. My bad.

Really goes to show what we have going on with this team / coaches. An intern here is a coach there. Happy for the guy and wish him success at the next level.

plyka

Reaction score
It's weird but I'm a jag fan now. They may be my team in that god awful conference that can't even provide one good game all year. AFc is the JV league so I consider the jags the JV hawks team.