Retaining ALL our coordinators

cacksman

Reaction score
One other amazing benefit to making SB XLVIII was how it made Quinn and Bevell unavailable to really interview for other coaching jobs.

We end up retaining those 2, plus Cable and now we don't have to worry about how well another coach will mesh with the players. This will be Wilson's 3rd season with Bevell, Quinn's 2nd season with this defense. The familiarity factor is going to help immensely this upcoming year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
As much as this board bashes Bevell, I think him sticking around is best for Wilson. I scratch my head at times with how the offense is ran, but with a young QB I think continuity is paramount.

OP
OP
cacksman

cacksman

Reaction score
"Percy Harvin faced all the criticism in the world while fighting back from injury, and arrived at the perfect moment, joining the offense that was built around him. At the beginning of the season, we hoped to use him on a variety of motion-sweep plays just like those he ran in Minnesota. Take the defense one way, run Marshawn at them the other way, like he’s our Adrian Peterson. Without Harvin, we were just biding time. With him, our offense is one of the NFL’s best." -Richard Sherman 2 days ago on the MMQB.

He admits the offense was designed around Harvin. If he actually stays healthy, I have no doubt the offense can be one of the most efficient in the league and we will have heard the last of people wanting Bevell gone.

I agree that the continuity is huge for a developing QB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I know Bevell catches a lot of flack, but I'm glad we have him. He understands how to use Russell and Percy, which will be huge for next year. I was browsing the 49ers and Redskins forums after the SB, and their fans seem to like him A LOT more than their current coaches (Roman/Gruden). Personally, I think Bevell has done more with less than his counterpart in San Francisco.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Didn't Gus Bradley interview last year during our playoff run? I think both Bevell and Quinn coulda interviewed if they'd wanted to, or been asked to...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":17xw9w13 said:
Didn't Gus Bradley interview last year during our playoff run? I think both Bevell and Quinn coulda interviewed if they'd wanted to, or been asked to...

Both had interviews with teams during the 'bye' week in the post season.

In Quinn's case the long run forced CLE's hand and they made a decision before DQ was a free man. Bevell seemingly missed out on the MINN job and wasn't a finalist for the other jobs.

Consistency is a good thing for us here.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":bar80m1e said:
Was Bevell the OC with Favre?

yes he was. That was Harvins Rookie year and Rices best year as a pro

tubbs51

Reaction score
Is it weird that i think the current Seahawks offense is what the Minnesota offense could've been if they had consistency at QB back when Bevell, Rice, and Harvin were there?

I hope Harvin stays healthy next year. It would be awesome to have him all year long.

sutz

Reaction score
Basically, we've survived the coaching FA period. Now we just have to survive player FA. :pray:

I look back at Wilson's history, and it strikes me that he hasn't had a lot of continuity. He played for one OC in NC as a junior, then another at Wisconson as a senior, then got drafted. This is the first place in his recent history when he's had the kind of continuity he's enjoying now. Criticize Bevel all you want, I still think it's a good thing he's staying. Granted, Wilson has not let that affect his play very much at all, but I want him to have all the advantages we can give him. Not having to change systems every year is a good thing.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As far as Bevell goes, imagine what our offense could be with Harvin around full time and more consistent play from the o-line.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Throw in a Big 1st round WR like Kelvin Benjamin or a TE like ASJ and Wilson could set some seahawk records next season.

Seafan

Reaction score
This offense is not going to be changing much. It's still going to be run, run, run. Wilson is not a pocket passer and the team has no intention of opening up the passing game. Harvin caught one pass in the SB, behind the LOS. Don't expect records to be set. Nothing is changing and that's the way Pete likes it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Russell passes from the pocket just fine. He was throwing darts from the pocket during the SB. He just needs an actual pocket from which to throw from.

Jville

Reaction score
120806-saleh-210.jpg
The Jaguars and Gus Bradley took another dip into Seattle waters by hiring Robert Saleh as the new linebackers coach

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-23527#storylink=cpy

Florida Link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-02-08/jaguars-hire-two-assistants[/urltargetblank]

Atradees

Reaction score
He would be better at the pocket if he was sure of his protection a developed with his receivers. Now it's all scramble and improvisation. That's online and OC if they don't fix it. A quicker release would help which I don't believe it's beyond Wilson but the aforementioned.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3bjs1yxu said:

Quinn was asked during the Super Bowl bye week for a second interview with Cleveland. He declined so that he could focus on the Super Bowl. He said he would accept a 2nd interview after the Super Bowl, but Cleveland decided not to wait.

So yeah, he could have been interviewed and been in the mix, but he made the wise choice to focus on his current team during the biggest weeks of his career.