Taima - Before the game started - Did anyone else see this?

Incubus

Reaction score
My wife and I were lucky enough to be sitting in the Seahawks endzone......next to the "left" tunnel. The Seahawks came out of the "right" tunnel. (when looking from the field)

So.....after the National Anthem was performed, but before the Kurt Russell Seahawks intro video had come on, my wife points to our left and says..."Isn't that Taima flying towards us?".

:shock:

Sure enough....I look to my left...and Taima is flying about 10-15 feet above our heads....cruising along the back of the endzone, between us and the goal posts.

I'm thinking....oh crap....this can't be good.

This is clearly not part of the pregame program....and it seemed that something had spooked Taima...causing her to prematurely launch off the trainer's arm. (speculation on my part)

Taima then passes in front of us.....does a wide circle above the corner to our right......circles back down and lands on a 6 foot speaker they had placed on the field for the National Anthem performance. ( that hadn't yet been taken off the field).

The trainer was nowhere in sight at this time.

We're like...."WTF?".

So after an awkward pause where we were afraid Taima might just take off and head to Manhattan or something, the handler lady finally comes running out.. looking a bit frantic/worried.....retrieves Taima w/out issues.....and takes her back towards the Seahawks sideline.

Then they cleared the field......launched the Kurt Russell video......team runs out.....and the rest is history.

I did not see Taima fly out before the team came out of the tunnel though...as they do at Century Link.

Anyway....just thought I'd share that story.

I've watched the game on DVR 4-5 times now.....and I never saw Taima do anything before the players came out....or heard any mention of her flying out prematurely.

I have many great pictures to share and other crazy stories coming.....stay tuned!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, interesting! I had not heard about that. As for her flying out, I did recall seeing her fly out right before the team came running out, in fact today when I watched the game for the fifth time. :)

dbmack

Reaction score
I saw on my Twitter field that Taima landed on speakers instead of the trainer's arm but they didn't say when it actually happened. I assumed it was when he came out of the tunnel. I thought it was Liz Mathews who tweeted it but couldn't find it

OP
OP
Incubus

Incubus

Reaction score
Actually....one quick correction....this must have happened either just before or just after the singing of America the Beautiful. They had setup all those small speakers around the field, but the players had not yet been introduced.

Hey Aros....when did you actually see Taima fly out? I just watched it all again as well and didn't see her.

America the Beautiful........Seahawks in tunnel......Kurt Russell video.......Seahawks run out of tunnel to Bitter Sweet Symphony......and I didn't see Taima anywhere. ( I looked hard ).

Then....we see the Broncos run out right behind the horse's ass.

National Anthem....Bad Joe Namath coin toss......followed by 43-8!

I never see Taima flying out before the team. I did see plenty of shots later of her on the sideline, on the player's shoulders, etc.

When did you see her fly out?

Thanks!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Don't know about that, but this video is hilarious.
[youtube]e7tgnameCwY[/youtube]

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
The handler "lady"? Every time I've seen Taima in Big Lo's section before the game, it was a guy handler.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He launches from a lady, and then lands on the male's arm, husband and wife team.

TripHawk

Reaction score
That's interesting, I missed it, I was up in the Seahawks end some and saw taima fly out of the tunnel and them lost track of him. I have a video of them running out and I made some jokes about him going off to kill pigeons and drop them on the broncos sideline. Oh, alcohol.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I saw this too, the lady was frantic and as Taima veered off the script a lot. The lady had to run and hold Tsina with her hands once he came back. It was as if to say Hello Seahawks fans.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i did notice him land on the speaker and knew something was up. my wife noted the same that said that could not be planned.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I missed Taima flying out, but did see him land on handler's arm ahead of players running out. I think he flew very low to the ground, might be why he wasn't seen

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":bsvab83v said:
He launches from a lady, and then lands on the male's arm, husband and wife team.
Thanks, I've only seen him being walked around before the game with the guy.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I saw it. I started yelling "The hawk is free, the hawk is free!!!" or something like that. Then realized it would be really bad if Taima just decided to fly away. Of course, the Bronco fan in front of me took it as an omen that the Hawks were scared.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":9w3j6qcl said:
Wow, interesting! I had not heard about that. As for her flying out, I did recall seeing her fly out right before the team came running out, in fact today when I watched the game for the fifth time. :)

Same here. It was never mentioned on the broadcast as I'm sure that would have gotten my attention, but I too saw Taima fly out before the players came out. I was watching quite intently by this time

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Incubus":2nsr5mrm said:
I did not see Taima fly out before the team came out of the tunnel though...as they do at Century Link.

I didn't see this when watching at home, either. I did see the crazed look on Thunder's rider, though. :lol:

Latest posts