Did Broncos - John Fox sabotage their chances of victory?

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Coach John Fox said that players would do a brief walkthrough at MetLife Stadium on Saturday, but will otherwise spend the remaining hours before they face the Seahawks “reviewing and visualizing what their job is” on Sunday. To help them do that, the Broncos will move to a different hotel for Saturday night and try to remain in the “very focused” state that Fox said they’ve been in this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-perform/

I was talking to a close friend of mine before the game telling them that the Broncos were switching hotels the night before the game, I said it seemed like a bad idea to me. When you are on a trip and you get all your stuff unpacked and adjust to being in a new room for a few days it starts to feel normal to sleep in there. To pack your stuff up and go sleep on a new bed, with new sounds etc seemed odd to me.

I could only reason it was to be closer to the MetLife stadium as I knew the Broncos were using the Jets practice facility which I'd heard was about a half hour away from Metlife stadium, with our Seahawks using the Giants facility one that was right by the stadium.

I know pro athletes are used to life on the road but in this situation being in town for a week then moving the night before gameday seems like they were asking for their players not to get good rest, maybe it affected some of them as they came out flat and the rest is history.

blue 22

Reaction score
Not sure if serious....

maybe the seahwaks were the better team? come on dude.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
If it was a close game, and if the Broncos lost due to a couple of key mistakes, then maybe there would be some validity in this. But Broncos got their ass ripped off, laminated, and handed back to them. That's more then a couple of key mistakes.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
4thquartermagic":3meyl9n4 said:
Jan 31, 2014 6:22 PM
Focused and businesslike.

This Broncos team is ready.

The greatest offense of all time is about to go to work.

:mrgreen:

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
scrotiemcb":13brjz7n said:
Jan 31, 2014 9:09 PM
Gosh Seahawks fans are delusional. It’s almost as if they are a fan base that isn’t used to success…

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
frostymugobeer":1icx0c29 said:
Jan 31, 2014 9:50 PM
welcome to the legion of……who cares you aint stoppin’ Manning and co on sunday.

the legion of “scoring more than the other team”

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
roadwash":1yuht3yf said:
Feb 1, 2014 10:35 AM
We 12′s….. LOL….Seattle fans really think if they wish or want something bad enough it’s a done deal. Very delusional….. You have not played an offense like Denver’s…talk all you want, Seahawks D will have their hands full.

FoozieGrooler":1yuht3yf said:
Feb 1, 2014 12:44 PM
Seattle will lose big – and their fans will whine about the officiating for the next VIII years.

Seafan

Reaction score
A one dimensional offense that played into the Hawk's strength is not much of a mystery. The outcome was predictable. If the Hawks had to play in Denver there would likely have been some fall off but the Hawks still win most of the time. All the other "factors" is just media noise and we know how accurate most of the media is.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Uh, I thought I heard Seattle did the same thing actually. After the family came into town Friday night, they moved hotels.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2dvmdxhv said:
Uh, I thought I heard Seattle did the same thing actually. After the family came into town Friday night, they moved hotels.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because the pre-game show I watched could well have been wrong, but on game day, they asked an ex-coach or gm (I can't recall now exactly who it was) about the Broncos switching hotels and the Seahawks staying where they were. He said that switching is the norm. He said players tell their friends and families goodbye until after the game and they can stay free from distraction. He said it was more odd for a team not to switch, because it leaves them open to distraction.

I thought back on this during the game later that day and smirked because we were not the team who looked distracted on Game Day :D

amill87

Reaction score
Those comments are gold.

Love how every pro Hawk got a thumbs down and every pro Bronco got a thumbs up.

Pretty ironic that everything that was pro Bronco actually turned out to be the exact opposite. The excuse of missing defense starters.....wonder if those defensive starters could've scored more points than the Broncos offense?

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
The Seahawks' team bus getting safely to the stadium on gameday is what sabotaged the Broncos chance of victory.

Hawks46

Reaction score
From what I've read, the Broncos did this on every away game. It was a routine and they wanted to stick to it, and they felt it was good luck.

They should've ditched those orange jerseys. Those things are some bad juju in the SB.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TXHawkFan":1xxc9qvp said:
The Seahawks' team bus getting safely to the stadium on gameday is what sabotaged the Broncos chance of victory.

Seahawks D + 12s = Win. Icing on top is the offense showed up too. :)

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

ceej22

Reaction score
I think the real sabotage was the NFL holding the Broncos' media days on a ship. If Seattle had been doing interviews on a ship and Denver in their hotel you can be sure we'd have a field day with that if the score had been reversed.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yup. If the broncos stayed in their first hotel, they would have won. Damn John fox look what you did

mikeak

Reaction score
Bigger thing to me was the lack of being on the field warming up.

Do you want your guys to sit and think about the biggest game of their life or to go out and get loosened up on the field???