2014 Strength of Schedule rankings (ESPN)

AgentDib

Reaction score
Full article here. This is just for fun at this point, but it looks like we have the 6th toughest schedule and the 3rd toughest road schedule. It will be interesting to see how the AFC West fares against the NFC West next year. I know most of us viewed them as paper tigers taking advantage of the weaker AFC but a lot can change in a single offseason.

ESPN opponent SoS":2c1lijov said:
1. Oakland Raiders .578
2. Denver Broncos .570
3. St. Louis Rams .564
4. San Diego Chargers .563
5. San Francisco 49ers .563
6. Seattle Seahawks .561
7. Kansas City Chiefs .559
8. Arizona Cardinals .547

Obviously not a coincidence that the top 8 teams are all in the NFC West or AFC West. Seahawks are not at the top because we don't have to play ourselves.

Cartire

Reaction score
Can't forget that the afcw had three teams in the playoffs.

As bad as they are comparably, they were better then the rest of the AFC.

Not surprising then to see all the afcw and NFCWEST in the top ten as we square off next season.

OP
OP
AgentDib

AgentDib

Reaction score
Agreed, and the two divisions would have had six teams in the playoffs if the Cards had made it. The AFC South may have a second team in the playoffs next year if we overreact to SoS a little bit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It should be fun. I love the fact I will see each game and likely going to Arrowhead to catch the Seahawk game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I dunno. I thought the AFCW was mainly pretenders. I think the NFC South was a lot harder last year. We also play the NFC East next year, and they're equally as bad as the AFC South was last year IMO.

Balance of power can flip quickly though, so who knows?

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hehe... in theory Niners have a tougher road than the Hawks. We'll see though -- it's all about the 10 a.m. starts. I'd rather not get five again this year, and I definitely would prefer San Fran to have more than 2.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Colts with the easiest schedule next year. Shocking!

chris98251

Reaction score
I ignore these until Free agency is over and the draft, fining out who returns healthy etc, every year they do thius and it becomes apparent very quick there are many low percentage teams that improve dramatically every year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The division I expect to rise in 2014 is the NFC South. Lovie will straighten Tampa Bay out and Atlanta will be back full force with a couple of moves in FA and a decent draft.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I too am super excited to go to Arrowhead and see the Hawks play next year. MizzouHawkGal I think you went to the pre season game last year right? Anyway, that was right after I moved here, and was the break out RW game where he got the start and played into the third quarter because Flynn sat due to the elbow tendinitis. I was impressed with how well we travelled, and can't wait to see how much better we travel next season.

I keep thinking that may be the game the Chiefs go for the Guinness Record again. If they do I think I'll put a taped X over my mouth with all my Hawks gear on.

I have been to games at the Clink and know how loud it is. I have to say I was totally impressed with Arrowhead, and that was a pre season game they were getting waxed in, and it was super loud too. Great fans as well they have been cool, and all the ones I have talked too are stoked we beat the Broncos since they hate them so bad.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yessir! And THIS time they get the real Seahawks. It was fun watching the utter shock. But Chief fans are the best. Awesome tailgating, loud and knowledgeable.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
To me the only strength of schedule you can even guess at before the season starts is like the first four games. The whole NFL landscape looks quite a bit different at the quarter pole, and plenty of our opponents going forward at that point will look either a lot easier or a lot tougher than they look right now. So until we know who we've got right off the bat (in two months or so we'll know), I'm just not trying very hard to assess our strength of schedule.