Brotherhood

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watching the countless footage of the Seahawks sound bytes from regional to national shows, I can't ever recall a team that genuinely has love for one another like our Seahawks do. I don't mean the casual remarks a teammate says but the deep, genuine expressions that I've witnessed our boys say to one another. Whether it's Russell to Pete..."Love you..." after dousing him with Gatorade or Richard Sherman or another member of the defense saying things like, "I love you brother." "I love you too brother..." Or Earl Thomas passionately professing his love for his teammates in a pregame speech..."Everything I do I do for you! I love you guys!"

It's quite rare to witness such remarks on a level you know is pure and genuine. These players genuinely love each other as family and they sacrifice their bodies, and sometimes even stats to share that love for their teammates. It's been an incredible and underplayed aspect of this Championship team of ours, and a component that cannot be underestimated.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I agree Aros which is why I am not worried about losing the players we want or signing whatever outside FA's we want.

Exittium

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":10casgn0 said:
I agree Aros which is why I am not worried about losing the players we want or signing whatever outside FA's we want.

I Agree 100%

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Ravens were like this on D for a long time, but you always got the impression that they wanted to kick their offense in the balls. Certainly tight as a defensive group, though.

A

Anonymous

Earl told Kam that he loves watching him play, on the SB48 Sound FX.

Was watching a deal on Vernon Davis today and during the anthem he turns to Takeo Spikes and says he loves him, Then he goes, "no man, I mean it, I really love you man". Priceless.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well he could be gay? Does it really matter given several NFL players were gay. Some of them damn awesome players regardless. (Or did I misunderstand your intent?).

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":bqnuw31b said:
Watching the countless footage of the Seahawks sound bytes from regional to national shows, I can't ever recall a team that genuinely has love for one another like our Seahawks do. I don't mean the casual remarks a teammate says but the deep, genuine expressions that I've witnessed our boys say to one another. Whether it's Russell to Pete..."Love you..." after dousing him with Gatorade or Richard Sherman or another member of the defense saying things like, "I love you brother." "I love you too brother..." Or Earl Thomas passionately professing his love for his teammates in a pregame speech..."Everything I do I do for you! I love you guys!"

It's quite rare to witness such remarks on a level you know is pure and genuine. These players genuinely love each other as family and they sacrifice their bodies, and sometimes even stats to share that love for their teammates. It's been an incredible and underplayed aspect of this Championship team of ours, and a component that cannot be underestimated.
I'm glad you brought this up Todd. I noticed it too, on all the FX sound bytes that we finally got to hear. Really incredible to me the culture and atmosphere that Pete and john, and really, all the players have created here. No wonder players all want to come here.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You read my mind Aros... That's one thing I noticed in the sound fx and other footage of the team. I've never seen or heard a team show this much love for each other. Yes, we follow the Seahawks more but I watch NFLN all the time and never see this on soundfx or any other team footage

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It even occurs in those little moments they either are not aware the mic is on or they don't seem to care, and it's certainly not for show. Even during random, mundane moments like pre-game stretches. It's truly genuine and that's what got my attention.

w00t

Reaction score
LOL beast mode and mike rob. I'm gonna miss Breno's toughness if the seahawks part ways

tempRM6_5107--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

hoxrox

Reaction score
Great observation. This team has great chemistry for sure, especially on defense. I hope this is what will keep the Legion together.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
From Earl Thomas's post Super Bowl blog part 1...

The morning of the game, I woke up at about 6:30 a.m. I couldn’t sleep. So I got up, did my stretching, prayed, took a shower and got ready for the walkthrough, which was at around 10:30.

After that, I went to Kam Chancellor’s room. We just talked for a while. We talked about the whole season, how we’ve evolved as ballplayers. Everything Kam said, I knew it was coming from a great place, from his heart.

When I left that room, I was calm. I was relaxed. I was ready to play because I knew that guy was with me. I’ve been saying all year: that connection that we have is stronger than anything, especially in this league. It’s the reason we play the way we do.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
This is part of the reason that I don't think Sherman is going to depart in FA. I know people argue that he's so driven to be seen as the best that it will have him demanding the sun, moon, and stars in his next contract. But it's clear that he loves his LOB teammates. If we assume that our front office isn't going to try to lowball him and instead will make him a reasonable and appropriate offer, I see him sticking around for that rather than trying to get a "bigger than Revis" deal somewhere else.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Pete gets at least 75% of the credit for what you're talking about, maybe more.

Pete really fosters the family atmosphere.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I never seen it this strong in a team that I can recall either. I have no doubt it is a huge part of our success - it's that part that puts us on top in the most pivotal and critical of moments between winning and losing.

I can't forget that segment the week before the SB where they asked Manning what is the first thing that comes to mind when watching film on our defense - without hesitation he said, "unity".

Also, watching that SB48 SFX and seeing the comments about the O from the D when they were on the sidelines and vice versa. These guys have some true bonds that only makes them play harder for each other even more than for themselves. It's pretty damn cool.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Yes, the sound effects show the love these players have for each other.

DrDix

Reaction score
volsunghawk":satmzx7r said:
This is part of the reason that I don't think Sherman is going to depart in FA. I know people argue that he's so driven to be seen as the best that it will have him demanding the sun, moon, and stars in his next contract. But it's clear that he loves his LOB teammates. If we assume that our front office isn't going to try to lowball him and instead will make him a reasonable and appropriate offer, I see him sticking around for that rather than trying to get a "bigger than Revis" deal somewhere else.

Yeah, I do not understand how some think Sherman will be gone.

He clearly, CLEARLY wants to be here. It's no different for most of our FAs.

Latest posts