Thieves steal Seahawks gear from Puyallup memorial site

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Talk about scum of the earth. :187734: :229031_banghead:

PUYALLUP, Wash. -- When they woke up on Tuesday morning, Bryan Boisvert's family knew something was wrong.

The memorial to their loved one was missing some precious items, including a 12th Man flag and tributes to the Super Bowl win.

The memorial sits by the train crossing on 5th Street Northwest in Puyallup, where Boisvert was killed by a passing train in early December of last year.

His family says the Seahawks were his favorite thing in life, and placing Seahawks memorabilia at the memorial was a way to feel close to him after he died. So, imagine the emotion they felt when they saw some of the items had been stolen.

"Just couldn't believe that someone would just go in and ruin a memorial," Boisvert's father Steve said.

The family just wants the items returned. Anyone with information about the theft is asked to call the police.

Dismas

Reaction score
So they buried him at the train crossing?

Why not adorn his grave, or urn, or whatever they used?

Call me insensitive, but I absolutely loathe all the stupid memorials that are erected everywhere some poor sap gets run down.

Save that stuff for gravesites, or for the perfectly preserved bedroom that is exactly the same as it was on that fateful day, or whatever, but leaving random stuff out in public used to be called littering.

(takes off grumpy old man hat)

dunceface

Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhh I'm gonna go watch some kitten videos after that...

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I can't believe the family is surprised by this. Not all Seahawks fans are angels.

garrylt4

Reaction score
I work near a place where many truck drivers have been killed. They use to have crosses for each one. But scum were stealing them and putting them on family members graves. Now they paint them on the huge rock at the turn. Steeling crosses, someone isn't worried about going to heaven.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Dismas":bp41efft said:
So they buried him at the train crossing?

Why not adorn his grave, or urn, or whatever they used?

Call me insensitive, but I absolutely loathe all the stupid memorials that are erected everywhere some poor sap gets run down.

Save that stuff for gravesites, or for the perfectly preserved bedroom that is exactly the same as it was on that fateful day, or whatever, but leaving random stuff out in public used to be called littering.

(takes off grumpy old man hat)

I understand what you mean, but there are exceptions.
I run marathons, and a runner I used to always see was hit from behind and killed on the road about 2 blocks from my house.
I have NO clue where he was buried. Heck I think he’s Russian an could have been buried back home for all I know.
I put one of my medals on the cross that his family erected for him. So it's not just for his family. At least his is a simple cross with my medal now hanging off it.
BTW, it’s still there after 5 years, all faded.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
That's crappy, but I wonder if whomever took it realized it was a manorial and not just one of several hawks tributes I've seen around the past few weeks.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1xg54jid said:
I can't believe the family is surprised by this. Not all Seahawks fans are angels.

There are certain things normal people view as off-limits. Messing with the dead or their memorials is one of them.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Yeah this rates right up with stealing a baby Jesus from a manger scene, down-right senseless vandalism!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
thebanjodude":29cbj6kx said:
Who says it was a Seahawks fan that did it? IMO it's as likely that some Digit or rustbucket fan did it.