Things we don't hear about the 12th man anymore...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
"They pipe noise into the stadium."

"The 12th man is only loud because of the stadium design. Put any fan-base in that stadium, and they will be just as loud."

The Super Bowl shut everyone up about this. I couldn't be happier. For years I've been telling people that Seattle sports fans are actually more passionate than most fans. I don't know why...but I remember the Sonics playing in the coliseum...the Seahawks playing in the Kingdome....it was always loud as hell. Nobody believed me. Maybe the stadium design helps a little bit...but it's 98% the fans. We loud. And now we have PROOF! And everyone has officially shut up about it because there is nothing left to argue.

VinceDee

Reaction score
Nah, we still hear it, and likely always will.

Just remember that when someone says something, it's not only a reflection of whatever they're talking about....it's also a reflection of who they are and what they know.

And their tears taste delicious.

bigcc

Reaction score
fenderbender123":5k1cps29 said:
"They pipe noise into the stadium."

"The 12th man is only loud because of the stadium design. Put any fan-base in that stadium, and they will be just as loud."

You don't speak to fans of other teams or visit other websites that aren't seahawks focused very often do you?

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No...I frequent other message boards rather frequently...are people really still saying this? Please point me in their direction....

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Niner fans will stop bitching about it when their stadium gets loud (their new stadium is designed with the same effect).

jhawk91

Reaction score
The whole "Seahawks pipe noise into their stadium" thing is so lame. That was disproven like 3 times now. It still amazes me a whiner fan actually started a petition over our crowd noise, how stupid can you get??

Mick063

Reaction score
Manning...."We should have started with the silent count".

All the proof needed for the grand Forty Niner expose. Not only did the NFL conspire for the Niners to lose the NFCCG, but they piped in noise in New Jersey to guarantee the Seahawk Super Bowl win. The NFL conspirators really, really hate Forty Niner fans.

This is so delightful. Not only is Sherman in Kap's head, but 12th man is in the SF fan's collective heads as well.

There is a term for such a condition. Paranoia.

tooshort

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2bqhzumd said:
Niner fans will stop bitching about it when their stadium gets loud (their new stadium is designed with the same effect).

I observe a totally open roof and nearly nothing for sound to bounce off of channel it towards the field. The one exception to the lack of natural architectural amplification is that noise from the 300 level should bounce off the tower of suites towards the field? Oooops, go re-up that acoustical engineering degree designers and let's try again next stadium SF!

compare-nscs.jpg

lsheldon

Reaction score
Fans believe what they want to believe. Donkey fans still don't believe our defense beat them.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Niner fans still think they are the first ones to make the claim that the stadium design is responsible for the noise, completely ignoring the fact that the Seahawks have been bragging about this since the day it opened.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1llbehw8 said:
They better redesign Levi Stadium again then because having your suites in a tower acoustical advantage does not make.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
HAHAH there was a donkey thread where one of the posters beat around the bush a little about the accusations of piped in noise at qwest that never came up true and then mentioned that perhaps they were piping in noise IN NEW JERSEY. hahahaha

lsheldon

Reaction score
I saw that one talking about us piping noise into MetLife. That would be a huge trick to pull off.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":24p3pr3v said:
Niner fans still think they are the first ones to make the claim that the stadium design is responsible for the noise, completely ignoring the fact that the Seahawks have been bragging about this since the day it opened.
I saw it in the artist's conceptual drawing. I worked in radar for a few years. Those roof sections are parabolic reflectors. The roofs are designed to reflect crowd noise directly on to the field. Any body who's worked in acoustics, radar, or in satellite dish will recognize that.

My response to other teams' fans? Build your stadium that way. :229031_shrug:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":36o3fc3x said:
I still hear it in 49er country.
Yep, anyone with a half a brain knows the truth, but they still have to have that mental crutch to lean on cuz that's all they got.
These are the same folks who still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. :16:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I've only seen one mention in the webzone about it and the poster said it was loud through the whole game from both fan bases. I just chuckled because that is some real live denial right there. It's one thing when you want to just attach it to the the Clink and blame the stadium but you really have to ignore a lot of information to believe it.

The King Dome as just as loud and there were several events this year that we showed up at like AZ this year and took over the stadium and the crowd after the game but to ignore the super bowl is really impressive.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
Opposing fans will always try to discredit the 12th Man because otherwise they'd have to admit to their own inadequacies. :twisted:

hawker84

Reaction score
tooshort":ft8ijn4a said:
ZagHawk":ft8ijn4a said:

I observe a totally open roof and nearly nothing for sound to bounce off of channel it towards the field. The one exception to the lack of natural architectural amplification is that noise from the 300 level should bounce off the tower of suites towards the field? Oooops, go re-up that acoustical engineering degree designers and let's try again next stadium SF!

compare-nscs.jpg

Ya not sure where you got that info at, their stadium is a typical open air stadium design, No overhangs that i'm aware of, could be wrong..