At what point do you call someone a bandwaggoner?

theascension

Reaction score
If they don't know what the beastquake was? If they don't remember the stinging loss of XL? If they don't know Largent's stat line? Or if they've only been watching since Russell Wilson got drafted?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
You would call someone a bandwaggoner if you are personally insecure about your own fandom.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Why do people even care? Let people enjoy it whether they've been a fan for long or not. I seriously don't understand the need to feel superior with regard to fandom.

I can understand being proud if you've been a fan for a long time, through good and bad but seriously how does anybody else's "tenure" as a fan have any impact on you?

dbmack

Reaction score
theascension":1dm3vkuv said:
If they don't know what the beastquake was? If they don't remember the stinging loss of XL? If they don't know Largent's stat line? Or if they've only been watching since Russell Wilson got drafted?
I have been a Seahawks fan for 38 years and I don't know Largent's stat line.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
I have the perfect definition. My buddy. Diehard redskins fan the entire time we served together in the army. "RG3 is the next Jesus..Yada yada" Aint heard from him in a year. Found him on facebook decked out in Seahawks gear. Head to toe.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
If they don't know who Steve August was without looking it up.

:roll: Seriously... Who cares?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3fdmxp5g said:
You would call someone a bandwaggoner if you are personally insecure about your own fandom.

Lmao - exactly. There is no need to call anyone a bandwagoner ever. Just welcome them in, share your experiences and enjoy the ride.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Would you prefer it if half of Seattle was completely indifferent during a Super Bowl run?

Cartire

Reaction score
There's only one acceptable time to call someone a bandwagon fan.

If someone was a fan of a team that started to lose and they switched to a winning team mid season.

That's really it. People are allowed to root and be knowledgable about there team as much or little as they want. I just don't care for people who switch teams midstream to take part in the celebration. (I'm looking at you nation wide Heat fans)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I usually don't focus on our own bandwagon fans, if I'm calling someone a bandwaggoner, it's typically another team's fans that have no idea of that team's history.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To kind of go along the lines of what Cartire said, if some team wins a title, and all the sudden someone who has NEVER worn gear from that team all the sudden is wearing gear after. Or, late season right before playoffs etc. Obviously bandwagon.
But calling people fake fans, bandwagon etc. is just plain dumb. Why cares how or when someone became a Hawks fan? They love the best team in football, and they obviously made the right choice :)

And if someone is a fan of an opposing team, and can't name even 5 of their players etc. That's true bandwagon.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Cartire":3elrdroh said:
There's only one acceptable time to call someone a bandwagon fan.

If someone was a fan of a team that started to lose and they switched to a winning team mid season.

That's really it. People are allowed to root and be knowledgable about there team as much or little as they want. I just don't care for people who switch teams midstream to take part in the celebration. (I'm looking at you nation wide Heat fans)
^ This

My HS friend lived here, said she was never into the Hawks, so she likes the Saints as she lived in NO later in life.
Then all of a sudden I see Patriots garb on her kid. "Oh, my dad is from Boston"...... then they move to Boston a year later.
"Oh, go Red Sox"....... "I was never into the M's when I lived there for 24 years, dad is from Boston".
Then I see a pic of her son all decked out in Hawks gear.
I can see on her FB, pics of her with Saints, Pats and hawks gear. I can see pics of her son in Packers, Patriots and now Hawks gear.
Really? Pick a team already.

Then another FB friend from HS that lived his first 30 years in Seattle. His son was born in SF.
His son has a #7 jersey and he has a #3 RW jersey.
Then he decides to support his son and HE gets a #7 jersey?
C'mon, if you were truly a Hawks fan to begin with, you'd have brought your son up from day #1 repping the Hawks and he'd never have been influenced by his friends in SF with the red and gold.

BamKam

Reaction score
The term "bandwagoner" is pathetic. Who cares when and why you decided to like a team? People shouldn't have to have a reason, people who call others out for "jumping on a bandwagon" need to calm down.