Christine Michael Combine Tape

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
If you've forgotten what Chistine Michaels looks like when he is actually moving his limbs, here is a combine tape of him (middle of page).

There's also a tape of Beast Mode's 40 at the combine....I love Lynch on the Seahawks as much as any 12ther, but the dude is an awkward looking runner. I was surprised he got 4.47 on that run.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-tre-mason-top-rbs-facing-scrutiny-at-combine

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I ws kind of surprised how good some of Lynch's numbers were. He really had a good combine.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":e31lh1gy said:
Christine carries the ball very high when in full stride.
Where do you think he should carry it? Where do more balls get stripped? High and tight like that? Or, low and loose? Keep in mind, that's without pads and all. So, with all the equipment on, it's not going to look quite like that. My sons have been playing RB (one is a primary back) and from all the coaching I've seen for several seasons... I don't know how Christine could have any better form there. His other arm is pumping while he's got that ball secured. It's about as perfect as it gets.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Wow... He's JACKED. If he figures it out, he's going to be a monster. Hope he doesn't end up as a guy you look back at always saying, "What if?"

Mick063

Reaction score
This guy will explode onto the scene.

Lattimore can't hold his jock. Bank on it.

randomation

Reaction score
Only thing that worries me is that ball is so high up someone like peanut will strip that in a heartbeat with a punch.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
randomation":16gw4df6 said:
Only thing that worries me is that ball is so high up someone like peanut will strip that in a heartbeat with a punch.
What? Folks, refer to my previous reply.
Where and how does everyone think a RB is supposed to hold the ball? What constitutes the proper technique? In terms of ball security, as long as one end of the ball is in tight and the player is gripping the other end of ball - you're doing as much as you can.

For a few more fine points, see the following:
"Ball Security" http://www.footballfundamentals.net/bal ... ty-center/ (click this link and scroll down. You'll see the picture.)
Whether you are a running back running the football, a wide receiver catching the ball, or a quarterback scrambling; ball security is a must. Ball security is the most crucial fundamental for offensive football. The player carrying the ball must develop and master the five points of pressure and keep the ball high and tight.
Ball Security: Five points of pressure
1. Fingers grip the nose of the ball.
2. Palm of the hand rests against the ball.
3. Forearm presses against the ball.
4. The ball presses tight against the bicep.
5. The ball presses tight against the chest.
Ball Security: High and Tight
Make sure that the five points of pressure are applied and the nose of the ball is pointed up.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Didn't Marion Barber switch to a high grip like the one Michael is doing in these videos and it made him less fumble-prone?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
randomation":3pnbyrgu said:

:34853_doh:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nothing really to add but it's funny, I remember Walter Payton with his big hands would palm the football
while running around defenders a lot(not always) but I know he's a big exception to the rule..

RussJames

Reaction score
Trust me, there's absolutely no issue with Michael's grip on the ball. Clearly someone taught him 'high and tight' at a young enough age to where it just seems instinctive
for him now. When you watch his preseason tape he just seems to know the right time when to cover the ball up. The one drawback to holding the ball 'high-and-tight' is
that it can slow you down a bit because one arm is basically glued to your chest; not so much with Christine. That mofo is fast as a mofo.

If you want to see an example of bad ball security, watch tape of Turbin's (sorry Turbo) fumble against Arizona on that kick return. The ball was held so far away from his body
that his own knee punched the ball out.

Here's some Preseason tape of Christine Michael for anyone interested. Can't wait to see him unleashed this season.

[youtube]uzprXP6mkyk[/youtube]

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
RussJames":l4psdveo said:
Trust me, there's absolutely no issue with Michael's grip on the ball. Clearly someone taught him 'high and tight' at a young enough age to where it just seems instinctive
for him now. When you watch his preseason tape he just seems to know the right time when to cover the ball up. The one drawback to holding the ball 'high-and-tight' is
that it can slow you down a bit because one arm is basically glued to your chest; not so much with Christine. That mofo is fast as a mofo.

If you want to see an example of bad ball security, watch tape of Turbin's (sorry Turbo) fumble against Arizona on that kick return. The ball was held so far away from his body

Here's some Preseason tape of Christine Michael for anyone interested. Can't wait to see him unleashed this season.

I agree and thanks for the youtube post. Spectacular. The only thing I would say is that the "bit" that the high and tight slows a RB down goes with the territory. It's "true speed" vs. never appropriate (unless you're Walter Payton) bad ball security. So, it's a distinction without a difference. But, you right. Makes no discernible difference with Christine's speed. The Seahawks just won the Super Bowl... and didn't use any of that tread up yet?
:snack:
I love Robert Turbin and he's a first rate individual as well. But, Michael might not only take his position. He might take his nickname, too. (Hopefully both guys can stick around. I still remember Turbin's college highlights and I don't think we've seen his best play yet either.) But, the Hawks are in Beastmode. Beast! BEAST! BEEAAASSSSTTTTT!!!!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
RussJames":325weirc said:

Really cool video, I loved the music.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":262ua7ev said:
Didn't Marion Barber switch to a high grip like the one Michael is doing in these videos and it made him less fumble-prone?

No, it was Tiki Barber.

Latest posts