Red Bryant on NFL Total Access this past week

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I watched NFL Total Access this past week (not NFL AM), where Robinson, Mebane and Bryant were on the show.
I've never heard Red talk much before (maybe he has on the Real Rob Report, but I haven't watched that much--sorry Rob).

At the start of the segment Red looked a bit uncomfortable, and deferred to Mebane to talk, but as the conversation kept going Red
did talk and I was really impressed that he was well spoken, articulate, and had in depth comments. It was nice to see hear about the Hawks and football
from his point of view.

Did anyone else catch that? Any comments? I couldn't find the video online.

niveky

Reaction score
type nfl network bryant, mebane, robinson and you can view some of the videos from nfl network

ivotuk

Reaction score
Very good stuff. I didn't know Mebane was married, not that it matters. It's cool that Mebane and Bryant are a bit quiet, but when they speak, they are articulate and smart.

niveky

Reaction score
there's like 5 videos and i'm watching the last one i found on youtube with them on nfl am

drdiags

Reaction score
That goofy Dave Dameshek has a nice podcast where MRob, Red Bryant and probably Mebane are in Studio with him a another host. Red had some great comments on that as well. The two hosts afterwards came away just as impressed with Red as the OP did. Red is a pretty deep country boy. Really is going to stink losing the guy. Guess he should have took the Patriots offer because he probably doesn't see year 3 of his deal here.

I guess the Superbowl trophy helps make it worthwhile, that and the new contract he signs with the next team providing him some type of signing bonus as well.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
niveky":3nuqzt83 said:
type nfl network bryant, mebane, robinson and you can view some of the videos from nfl network

Yeah, I tried, but I couldn't find that particular segment. It was the evening show Total Access, Tuesday or Wednesday, and they were all seated, and just talking x's and o's.
Anyway, it was pretty neat to watch. Like I said, Red seemed a bit nervous and uncomfortable at first, but then he opened up and it was pretty cool to hear him talk.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":41m67iqy said:
Very good stuff. I didn't know Mebane was married, not that it matters. It's cool that Mebane and Bryant are a bit quiet, but when they speak, they are articulate and smart.

Yeah, he's married to Jacob Green's daughter. That's why he wears #79.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seanhawk":31c3ihzm said:
ivotuk":31c3ihzm said:

Bryant, not Mebane, is married to Greens daughter.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1yigukxx said:
Seanhawk":1yigukxx said:
ivotuk":1yigukxx said:

My mistake. I misread his post.

drdiags

Reaction score
jjinwa":fth8vp7a said:
niveky":fth8vp7a said:

Yeah, I tried, but I couldn't find that particular segment. It was the evening show Total Access, Tuesday or Wednesday, and they were all seated, and just talking x's and o's.
Anyway, it was pretty neat to watch. Like I said, Red seemed a bit nervous and uncomfortable at first, but then he opened up and it was pretty cool to hear him talk.

Try this podcast. The first half

http://www.nfl.com/podcast/aroundth...53462000/detail?campaign=Twitter_podcasts_atl

Jase

Reaction score
Steve2222":30o1qe6e said:
Seanhawk":30o1qe6e said:
ivotuk":30o1qe6e said:

Saw a custom #79 jersey with "GREEN/BRYANT" on the back. Thought that was pretty cool.

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol "well spoken" one of the most back handed compliments ever.

bellingerga

Reaction score
BamKam":2fryp0he said:
Lol "well spoken" one of the most back handed compliments ever.

In what way exactly? In essence it just means that he knows his stuff. I've never once heard that used with any negative connotations...

two dog

Reaction score
I enjoyed everything these guys did. All three impressed me with good amounts of
poise, intellect and were quite articulate.

Mike Rob was quite obviously auditioning for a broadcasting gig and I'll bet he gets one.
Gotta be easier than banging heads with Patrick Willis.
Sorry Roger, I meant banging shoulders, bodies....You know.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I thought Mike Rob looked very much at home on the Big Deal / No big deal section.