The moment Pete's plan began taking shape.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Just thought of this when looking at the best play thread.

This was Pete's move that started it all.
And the rest of the league now is mad as Taylor Mays.

[youtube]lahzF6p1jkM[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
What's funny is that watching Earl Thomas as he was drafted by the Seahawks, he looked upset. Was probably hoping to be drafted by a Texas team, but fortunately for him, he was drafted by the Best Dam Front Office in the league.

drdiags

Reaction score
Earl Thomas said his father is the reason he played the game and his pops is/was a big Dallas Cowboys fan. If given a choice, Earl probably wanted to play for the Cowboys or Texans. Would have made it easier to get his people to come watch him play from his small hometown.

If he hit the open market, he would be in a Star helmet within hours. Good thing there is a draft, otherwise there would be a few stacked teams out there and the rest would be fighting mediocrity.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Getting the best FS and SS in the league in the same draft is seriously amazing. Setting the LOB in motion was absolutely key in developing this championship defense.

halps80

Reaction score
[that last half of the 2011 season, we started to see it all come together.
/quote]

This. I was at MetLife in mid-October for the Giants game, where BB intercepted Eli at the goal line for a game saving pick six. I told everyone who would listen that this team just needs it's QB, and it will be great.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wasn't Eric Berry the first choice at safety for Pete and John in that draft but gone to KC by the time the Hawks picked Earl? And if so, would he have thrived like Earl has?

Sac

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":xbep28o6 said:
Wasn't Eric Berry the first choice at safety for Pete and John in that draft but gone to KC by the time the Hawks picked Earl? And if so, would he have thrived like Earl has?

I don't think so. Berry was universally touted as the "it" safety that draft. So people made the connection to pete because we needed one so bad.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I have yet to see one shred of evidence that Pete/John ever wanted Berry. If someone has some, please present it here.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
I hope we send a fruit basket to Philly every year that we have earl. Brandon Graham over earl is nuts.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ivotuk":32xt3lim said:
What's funny is that watching Earl Thomas as he was drafted by the Seahawks, he looked upset. Was probably hoping to be drafted by a Texas team, but fortunately for him, he was drafted by the Best Dam Front Office in the league.

Even in his interviews his whole rookie year, he didn't seem very happy to be a Seahawk. He kept talking about Texas and how he went home to Texas every chance he got.

I thought that he was going to only be a Seahawk through his rookie deal and then bolt for somewhere closer to home.

I think we may have won him over, though. :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":7184gv2n said:

The rumors were that we wanted Berry, Trent Williams, or Okung. We took the only guy left. No way to confirm for sure, but that was the rumor from a reputable source on this board at the time.

I think it turned out pretty good.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
I hope we send a fruit basket to Philly every year that we have earl. Brandon Graham over earl is nuts.