Any good news/podcast sites?

webby81

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a UK fan of the Seahawks and I've been trying to find some decent news/podcasts over here without success. Loads of stuff for Patriots and Whiners but slim pickings for the Superbowl Champions!

So, could any of you suggest some podcasts or places over there that are any good for Seahawks news and discussion? I'm mainly looking for stuff I can listen to with discussions of the offseason etc...

Any suggestions are appreciated!

maporsche

Reaction score
Seahawks only podcast

. - The Sea Hawkers Podcast (decent podcast, they are very biased however, not sure the offseason schedule)

Local radio has a few podcasts. In the offseason they switch to Mariner's baseball, but they do discuss all the football moves. The downside of these two podcasts is that they are about 3 hours each day for each podcast.

. - Wyman, Mike, & Moore
. - Brock & Danny

Nationally, I like the following podcasts

. - Ross Tucker Football Podcast (my absolute favorite, ran by a former NFL OLineman) (roughly 30min, 2 or 3x per week in the offseason)
. - ESPN Football Today (good podcast, just football, 2x per week in the offseason)
. - Best of Mike & Mike (all sports, about an hour each day)
. - The Dave Dameshek Football Program (about an hour...not sure how many times/week in the offseason)
. - The Dan Patrick Show (all sports, couple of hours each day)
. - The Rich Eisen Podcast (NFL only, not sure of the offseason schedule)

OP
OP
W

webby81

Reaction score
Great stuff. thanks guys!!! just what I was looking for.

Appreciate it.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I am a complete addict when it comes to Seahawks podcasts; I'll give you my complete list. All are available on iTunes.

- Softy on KJR
- Brock and Danny on 710
- Sea Hawkers Podcast
- Wyman, Mike, and Moore on 710
- Bob and Groz on 710
- Ian Furness on KJR
- Mitch in the Morning on KJR (although Mitch is an asshole who refuses to podcast most of his show)
- Seattle Sports at Night on 710
- Elise and Jerry on KJR

kobebryant

Reaction score
On itunes in terms of pretty good stuff around the Super Bowl were: Bill Simmons B.S. Report, Grantland, and Time Out with Terrell Owens (TO had a lot of love for the Hawks throughout the playoffs).

OP
OP
W

webby81

Reaction score
awesome stuff, thanks all! that should be enough to keep me busy on my way to and from work!

There's such an awful lack of coverage for the Seahawks over here.

We get 3 games a week live during the regular season and only once this year were we on! Top team in the NFC and we're on once.

anyways, thanks again GO HAWKS!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
For podcasts field gulls is pretty good they are doing a good job of analyzing prospects

Brock and Danny I like as well as John Clayton on Saturdays

softy for myself is just over-the-top all the crying and bemoaning the Huskies and acting like he played in the Super Bowl was just too much. He does have some good guests at time

I cannot stand Mitch the morning I wish they would fire that guys ass already. He needs to go back to Florida and be with his Dolphins

Before 710 I used to listen to Kjr as it was the only sports radio on during the commute. So I would listen to Mitch

After his debacle of wanting to give Sue Bird a spanking a few years back I lost all of what little respect I had for the guy

This was a young girl in her early 20s that made a silly Bet.

It is guys like him that make athletes wary of the media

I don't like KJR myself. I can't stand the sophomoric humor