RW Bleacher report ranked #3

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
While it's awesome that somebody thinks he's a top three quarterback, just remember that this is from Bleacher Report. Any quarterback ranking that lists Philip Rivers ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady is boo boo in my opinion.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm a Seahawks homer and even I don't think he's Top 3. And Philip Rivers #2? This list is ridiculous.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
It's for 2013. Why would Rodgers be up that high when he missed half a season? Brady had very little to work with this year and for the most part stunk it up. I don't agree with all of their rankings, but it's important to keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Weather he is top 3 or top 5, regardless of Rivers the point is some people are starting to look past the media BS of Luck, RG3, Kap and Cam and realize Rw is better.

davidonmi

Reaction score
It's br.
My list is manning brady Brees Rodgers rivers luck and Wilson neck and neck

HawkFan72

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2puc5z7z said:
It's for 2013. Why would Rodgers be up that high when he missed half a season? Brady had very little to work with this year and for the most part stunk it up. I don't agree with all of their rankings, but it's important to keep that in mind.

That does help, thanks. I had missed that fact.

theascension

Reaction score
Philip Rivers is a great quarterback. 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio, 69% (best of his career this year). His main letdown is a pretty mediocre defense ranked 11th in the league and near league worst 6.1y/p. But definitely kind of crazy he's beyond Brees and Brady, Rodgers is hard to evaluate this year since he didn't play a full year and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

I'd rate my top as:
1. Peyton Manning (he still completed 69% of his passes in the super bowl, too bad he only had one receiver and a middle linebacker to help him)
2. Tom Brady (again doing a lot with very little this year)
3. Aaron Rodgers (I still think he's more dynamic than Brees and Rivers and he also leads the NFL in ALL TIME efficiency)
4. Russell Wilson (still needs 1-2 more years to prove himself, amazing efficiency numbers so far and only slightly trail Rodgers)
5. Drew Brees (has yet to show he can do much of anything on the road)

theascension

Reaction score
Anthony!":3pwbn2hh said:
Weather he is top 3 or top 5, regardless of Rivers the point is some people are starting to look past the media BS of Luck, RG3, Kap and Cam and realize Rw is better.
In EVERY stat category except overall yards and BS that media loves to hype. He's been nothing but money in the playoffs too. 1 interception in 5 playoff games, 63% pass completion, 102 passer rating (in the top 5 all time playoff qbs in rating). All he does is win, who cares if the stats aren't astronomical, the most important stat is he only turned it over twice in 5 playoff games.

Peyton has 24 interceptions in 23 playoff games and 4 fumbles. Tell me who you'd rather have as your playoff quarterback (not fantasy league).

Taehwk

Reaction score
Jus sayin Rivers had a great 2013 season he put the Chargers in the playoffs.

aawolf

Reaction score
Phillip Rivers has been on a tear this year. He ranks in the top 5 by any statistical measure. He's ahead of Brees IMO.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
For THIS season, regular season, this list is money. If the playoffs are to be included, I feel differently given the end results.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
........reading comprehension people. This list was ranking performance for the 2013 season. If you think Aaron Rogers had a better 2013 season than Russell Wilson did then your posting out of prejudice.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don't get how Colt McCoy is ahead of TJack. Did McCoy even take a snap this year?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think its hilarious and awesome to read all the butt hurt comments.

But with that said, Wilson is an ELITE QB.

I have to argue this numerous times on other sites, he's not stats or productive elite, not yet, and I'm not certain he would in Carroll's system.

However, if you take away the Fantasy Football aspect and just look at the Championship Football aspect... there is no denying Wilson is Elite.

The intangibles, the hard-work, the motivation, the drive...off the field.... the intangibles, the hardwork, the motivation, the effeciency, the ability to create plays, his ability to take over when needed, and his ability that no matter what he'll compete to win and do all the little things to keep his team from losing... even if it means not putting up gaudy stats when he doesn't need to and just protect the ball and field position.

He can do anything, and he can do it well, and he's only finished his 2nd season.

He's not perfect but he's as perfect a QB can be in the first two seasons of his career, and you can tell his teammates respect his Professionalism and Championship demeanor. He's infectious and that makes him much much better that those idiots who think he's in the same tier as Trent Dilfer.

Wilson is ELITE, he might not be 3rd best in the NFL, but everything he does is what ELITE QBs do, scratch that, its what CHAMPIONSHIP QBS do.

theascension

Reaction score
I think the best 2013 example you can make to any butthurt fans is the Cincinnati Bengals who had a top 5 defense this year, 3rd in yards allowed and 2nd in yards per play but they have.. Andy Dalton who threw 2 crucial interceptions and played bad losing them their playoff chances yet agin. So if Wilson is so mediocre and relies on defense so much why doesn't he make mistakes like Andy Dalton? If we had a mediocre QB like Dalton we'd have barely won against NO and easily lost to the 49ers.

2 turnovers in 5 playoff games, 8 fourth quarter comebacks and 10 game winning drives. Those aren't very mediocre stats.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seems a bit high to me. I think number 5 is a fair assessment. But if we repeat he's definitely in the Big 4.And will be an easy argument for top 3 or better within that elite 4.

Smellyman

Reaction score
most "best" lists are dumb, especially when my team is too low.

However, it is amusing to see manning and Rivers get 3/5 on mobility. I know sliding in pocket is important, but I can't think of two less mobile qb's in the past 10 years.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2saeogz8 said:
Seems a bit high to me. I think number 5 is a fair assessment. But if we repeat he's definitely in the Big 4.And will be an easy argument for top 3 or better within that elite 4. But Pandion raises a legitimate point, he may not be elite or ever be in the system we run but he's Championship level just like Troy Aikman. I can deal with that.

So to be clear the list is a joke and those posts in this thread telling me Philip Rivers is anything above top 15 are the same.

That is scary the part about the system he is in, if Rw believes he cannot achieve greatness in this system we could loose him. That said I am thinking after watching the SB PC will allow him to stay aggressive and not hold him back any more. I hope.