New 12th Man here...

Chi-Hawkman

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, but i've been a big fan of the Seahawks since the days of Zorn, Largent, & Coach Patera...
Being from the midwest (Chicago), I had a hard time seeing games until the NFL Sunday Ticket came along. I have managed to convert my wife of 8yrs into a fan, and we have friends in Seattle that have been season ticket holders since the late 80's.

I finally saved enough cash to purchase the 3 colors of Nike Elite jerseys. The 1st one was a custom home Earl Thomas jersey from NFLshop.com. While the quality of the jersey was legit, the numbers looked as though they were taken from a cheaper style of jersey. But that wasn't the worst part. The fine folks @ Nike must not know who the players are, because the spelling was supposed to say, THOMAS III, instead it spelled out THOMASIII, and since custom jerseys are not returnable, or exchangeable, i'm stuck with it...

I finally ended up going thru the Seahawks online proshop, and getting a white Russell Wilson Elite. This jersey looks great, and has double stitching on the numbers. I'm very happy with it...

Finally, my 3rd jersey is to be the "Wolf Grey" alternate. I want to ask the opinion of the 12's here what would be a better choice?

1. 12th Man
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Russell Wilson

Sorry for being so long winded. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone here, and I thank you all in advance for your opinions...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Depends if you don't mind repping past players. Lynch has 2 more years with us at best more likely 1. That said go with Lynch.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Welcome to the best NFL message board on the internet, Chi-Hawkman!

I can relate to your dilemma. My son keeps reminding me, " Just remember, Dad, Marshawn can tear an ACL in September and you can watch him disappear into the distance." The NFL can be cruel.

Like Jo said, he's got two years, at best, left as our #1 RB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am not happy about it Pumpkin but I am preparing myself for the facts. He's among my favorites but running backs usually have 3-5 years now combined with Lynch's age and running style?

minormillikin

Reaction score
I think at least one 12 jersey is a good idea. That's one player that will never get traded, released or leave for a bigger contract. Plus, it's our retired uniform!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
#12 is YOUR number. It was retired in honor of you, and you as a Seahawks fan are the only one who gets to wear that number.

If I were you, I would get a jersey with CHI HAWKMAN on it. But that's me.

Oh, and welcome!

OP
OP
Chi-Hawkman

Chi-Hawkman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going with the 12th Man Elite form Nike.com. I'm a bit hesitant when i see "Manufacturer Direct Item" on custom jerseys, given my recent
purchase with the NFLshop. The only drawback with the jersey is the "FAN" name, but I can live with that.
Has anyone besides me purchased the "C" patches that are sold on eBay? I bought the 1st yr Blue, and the 1st yr White. Although the quality is very good, I'm wondering if the size 3.25"x3.25" is correct?

Any thoughts?

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
If the fan name is a drawback, put your own name on it. Will cost a little more but at least it's your name.
Personally I never liked Fan on the back of the jersey, everyone knows you're a fan and I'm not a big fan of putting a nickname or username on a jersey.

kidhawk

Reaction score
To each his own I say, but personally, no matter how many player jerseys I get, I ALWAYS have a 12 jersey to complete my collection.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I don't mind the 12, just not that big of the name Fan on the back and if you live on the east coast or in the mid west like the person who started thig thread, youll probably be explaining it all the time.

kidhawk

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":1ed0te51 said:
I don't mind the 12, just not that big of the name Fan on the back and if you live on the east coast or in the mid west like the person who started thig thread, youll probably be explaining it all the time.

The custom 12 is always an option. Personally I don't mind the questioning of the 12 FAN jersey. I'm more than happy to explain, although I think after this year, we'll have a lot more National knowledge of our team

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Welcome..There is a few of us not too far from you..(South Bend)

Latest posts