More stuff on Super Bowl Predictions

HawkGA

Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of topics on all the pundits picking against Seattle in the Super Bowl. That stuff is, of course, entertaining, but what I have enjoyed watching lately is how Skip and Steven A. Smith have berated the people who have come on their show who picked Seattle. Now, anybody can make a wrong prediction but to be so cocky and demeaning of people who disagree with you, that's a special kind of egg on your face. Here is a video of Plaxico Burress picking Seattle (Eric Dickerson, I believe is another one you can find). One thing to note too: while Plaxico is right, he's not right for the right reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAj4iEezbw

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He knew our secondary matched up really well with Denver's receivers. He was sure right about that.

But he thought it would be a close game due to our offense, and he thought we would be able to lean on Marshawn Lynch.

It's hilarious to hear Smith say the 12's would not have any effect at a neutral location, and that therefore, this would be an "away game" for Seattle. Hilariously wrong. Thanks for posting!

Brahn

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1fe3t3f8 said:
He knew our secondary matched up really well with Denver's receivers. He was sure right about that.

But he thought it would be a close game due to our offense, and he thought we would be able to lean on Marshawn Lynch.

It's hilarious to hear Smith say the 12's would not have any effect at a neutral location, and that therefore, this would be an "away game" for Seattle. Hilariously wrong. Thanks for posting!

I like how they avoid the beat down we put on the Giants in that very stadium a few weeks prior. That was a real road game in that stadium.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawknation2014":ba4k2ncf said:

True, though I think he was moreso saying the secondary would slow down, but not stop the receivers. He also didn't seem to think the Seahawks would get a pass rush. I'm not knocking him for it. Just making the point that predictions can be right for the wrong reasons and they can also be wrong for the right reasons. But to be self-righteous and browbeat people who disagree with the predictions?????

jblaze

Reaction score
HawkGA":3izmd7fi said:
I know there has been a lot of topics on all the pundits picking against Seattle in the Super Bowl. That stuff is, of course, entertaining, but what I have enjoyed watching lately is how Skip and Steven A. Smith have berated the people who have come on their show who picked Seattle. Now, anybody can make a wrong prediction but to be so cocky and demeaning of people who disagree with you, that's a special kind of egg on your phase. Here is a video of Plaxico Burress picking Seattle (Eric Dickerson, I believe is another one you can find). One thing to note too: while Plaxico is right, he's not right for the right reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAj4iEezbw

What is "egg on your phase"?

Regarding Stephen A. and Skip, those two are the biggest blowhards on tv and are nothing more than shcck jock sports commentators. Stephen A. screams and is loud while Skip just says stupid stuff backed by zero logic, stats or research.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think my favorite part was when they asked him if Seattle is a better team at home and he answered "of course" and added that he's never won in Seattle and he thinks that he's 0-5 in Seattle

drdiags

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith had the same talking point, over and over. How the Broncos had all these weapons in the Thomas players, Welker, Decker and Moreno out the backfield. He repeated this line over and over and over. He should have said he was "Punked" after the loss, just like he said the Broncos were.

He was funny with his claims that he hadn't made up his mind but would continually downgrade the Seahawks ability to control or stay up with the Broncos. I never want him or Bayless on my team's bandwagon. It is a kiss of death.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
HawkGA":2dmduf89 said:
hawknation2014":2dmduf89 said:

True, though I think he was moreso saying the secondary would slow down, but not stop the receivers. He also didn't seem to think the Seahawks would get a pass rush. I'm not knocking him for it. Just making the point that predictions can be right for the wrong reasons and they can also be wrong for the right reasons. But to be self-righteous and browbeat people who disagree with the predictions?????
That's it!!! You're now officially a "part-time bandwagon fan" as per the rules of Seahawks Fandom. If you don't berate every single person who didn't predict a Seattle blowout, then you aren't a true fan. Sorry, leave your Largent jersey at the door on your way out.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
drdiags":2t0hzf0f said:
Stephen A Smith had the same talking point, over and over. How the Broncos had all these weapons in the Thomas players, Welker, Decker and Moreno out the backfield. He repeated this line over and over and over. He should have said he was "Punked" after the loss, just like he said the Broncos were.

He was funny with his claims that he hadn't made up his mind but would continually downgrade the Seahawks ability to control or stay up with the Broncos. I never want him or Bayless on my team's bandwagon. It is a kiss of death.
He went on and on about how wrong he was. Every time he said the Broncos were punked, he was emphasizing how wrong he was. Does it make you feel better to keep bashing the same talking point, over and over?

Dtowers

Reaction score
Imthescientist and now Madsweeny? Trolls flocking from FBG for some reason?

drdiags

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1ixqffqx said:
drdiags":1ixqffqx said:

He went on and on about how wrong he was. Every time he said the Broncos were punked, he was emphasizing how wrong he was. Does it make you feel better to keep bashing the same talking point, over and over?

Yep, makes me feel great. Did I tell you about how Stephen A Smith went on and on about how the Broncos had all these weapons? He kept going on and on and on ...

jblaze

Reaction score
drdiags":6xbzfqmp said:
MadSweeney":6xbzfqmp said:
drdiags":6xbzfqmp said:

Yep, makes me feel great. Did I tell you about how Stephen A Smith went on and on about how the Broncos had all these weapons? He kept going on and on and on ...

Tell me more. :snack: