Forget the Niners... I miss our heated rivalry with the Rams

korboko

Reaction score
I remember back in the Holmgren days, Rams fans would invade/troll the Seattle Times forums and brag about their one trophy and the Greatest Show on Turf. I don't know if Rams fans came to this forum since I wasn't around back then. I was hoping after our recent game with them at Century Link Field, and their player being ejected from the game... this rivalry would return.

Bring back the Rams/Seahawks rivalry.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It'll return soon enough, they are a hard team to beat as are the Cardinals.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
How about we just treat everyone in the division as if they were a heated rival. :th2thumbs:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dude did you watch the last regular season game? The Rams came to brawl, not play football. It was super heated down there!

Largent80

Reaction score
Rams have a grip of 1st rounders again thanks to ratface. They are going to be a pain in the ass.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah they might get good again but until then we're 16-2 over the last nine seasons. I have a feeling though that once they do get good the rivalry will be pretty instantaneous. And bitter, as long as we stay good too.

Escamillo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1j42o4vv said:
If they draft a QB 2nd overall, they very well might be a bitter rival to us really soon.

Aren't they fully invested in Bradford as their franchise QB? :?:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rivalries always involve history and both teams being good. Take, for example, the first decade of the 21st Century. The 49ers were barely an afterthought in our Universe. While we were winning the division nearly every year, the 49ers stunk. It wasn't until the 49ers were good again, then the Seahawks started to get good again did the real rivalry begin and did the mutual fan bases begin hating each other. Once the Rams get good again, I imagine that old rivalry will heat up again as well.

True rivalries can't exist with only one of the two teams being good. Both need to be good at the same time for it to be felt mutually.

The Seahawks "rivals" in the 80's were the Raiders and Broncos. Yet ask any longtime Raiders and Broncos fans if they hated the Seahawks. Not at all. We were almost always an after thought. Outside of the success in the early and late 80's, the Seahawks rivalries were never reciprocated with a mutual feeling of disdain.

seadoc30

Reaction score
If they draft Sammy Watkins, it's officially on. I mean having Bradford back, with Watkins, Cook, Givens, T.Auston( who should be much improved n used better next season) in addition to the their great defense and a better d-coach and filling a few holes on the o-lone through the draft, they will be tough as ever! I wouldn't be surprised if they win the Div next year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Escamillo":3dncxr5g said:
RolandDeschain":3dncxr5g said:
If they draft a QB 2nd overall, they very well might be a bitter rival to us really soon.

Aren't they fully invested in Bradford as their franchise QB? :?:
Supposedly. I'll only believe it if they don't draft a QB until round four or five, or later. If they don't draft a QB at all or pick up some random sixth-round guy, then I'll believe they believe Bradford is The Face of the Franchise®.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I miss nothing about the Rams. They scare the hell out of me. I think you will get your wish sooner than later, OP. Like I keep telling 9er aholes...stop worrying about us, it's the Rams that are going to put you in 3rd place (and now Zona is making noise, but I think that is temporary when compared to the Rams).

Polk738

Reaction score
They're defense scares me more than anything, Robert Quinn is a freak of nature and I thought for sure he was gonna put Russ in the hospital that night in St Louis.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I could never really buy into them as a real rival. It always seemed forced to me. Might be because we were "new" to the NFC West and we were no longer playing our rivals, but St. Louis being a rival to Seattle just doesn't make sense. The only time I ever hated them was after the 04 playoff loss.

rigelian

Reaction score
I always liked the rivalry with the Rams. Their fans for the most part seem a lot more rational than 49ers fans.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rigelian":2k8qrb1t said:
I always liked the rivalry with the Rams. Their fans for the most part seem a lot more rational than 49ers fans.
Tell Trolldown that. He seems to think they're worse than the 49ers fans. It's not even fathomable.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
people seem to forget that bradford was on his way to a pretty good season last year.

based on 7 games if he'd played consistently all season he would have put up numbers like this:

61% completion 3850 yards 32 TD 9 INT 91 passer rating

chris98251

Reaction score
49ers don't like us, Rams don't like us, Cardinals don't like anybody. We are the prize catch for each of them to knock off and have been since we moved here and took control. All teams now are within striking distance of taking the west.

The AFC Central had a few years with Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cinncinnati beating the crap out of each other, I see that brutality happening here as well.