We Are STILL In Disbelief And Denial In Bronco Country

Broncomaniac69

Reaction score
Hi Seahawk fans once again.....

Your lambasting us and disgracing us in the Super Bowl has sure left a HUGE mark on our team.

Questions are rising... We have MANY FA's to discuss and address.

We are still licking our wounds from that ass pounding we got. Most of us have already let it go, some are still head hunting and willing to trade the farm for a specific player in the draft already.

We fought hard to get there. We had numerous defensive injuries. Not excuses but facts. Yet here we are as a fan base, pissed off. According so many different voices, the throwing them under the bus fact became a mass murder scene.

Funny I come here for some sort of realistic perspective?

Your defense is obviously superior and many have wondered what we need to do? Get that same sort of dominant force? But it's not just that. Our "1st ranked offense" did absolutely nothing. So if it's all about meeting you again next year, and defense plays the ultimate goal, a 13-8 final would be in our favor? :p

theascension

Reaction score
Get a fullback. Finesse is for the regular season. Tiredness sets in and eventually you need to win on physicality in the playoffs. Manning still completed 69% against us but had no chance beating us because of almost no YAC yards. To beat the NFC you need that physicality in the future. Depth will be hard though as you're spending so much of your cap on so few players.

2 Weeks gives a huge advantage to defense in playoffs I think. A week to practice but also a week to view film.

I also hate to say it but sometimes I feel Peyton is just too much of a rhythm quarterback. Remember when he got picked off in the New Orleans super bowl? That was their favorite route and they ran it all the time. We figured out their routes/hand signals. If he wants to win again he needs to have that Elway style want, drive and dynamic he had late in his super bowl runs.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Thanks for admitting what happened, I hope you as a fan base understand not to read too much into the hype of the media anymore.

A couple things, we have one of if not the best GM and Coach in the game, after that you can look at the NFC West and more specifically the NFC as a more physical conference. Thats how we play ball, thats how San Francisco plays, thats how St. Louis plays, thats how Arizona plays, physical football. Seattle did it the best and thats why they are the Champs.

Defense wins championships I said this weeks before the playoffs and thus had no problem putting money on the Seahawks to win it all.

Personally Denver is tilted too much to Offense, need lots of work on the defensive end if your going to be anywhere near Seattle, you have to have a legit balance and Seattle's been working on this for a few years now.

I expect both our Offense and Defense to be top 10 next year easy.

I'm not going to say I feel bad for you because I don't and I hope we thoroughly kick Denver's butt again later this year and expect nothing else.

Thanks for visiting!

Jville

Reaction score
Broncomaniac69":ut2qu107 said:

Your lambasting us and disgracing us in the Super Bowl has sure left a HUGE mark on our team.

We are still licking our wounds from that ass pounding we got. Most of us have already let it go, some are still head hunting and willing to trade the farm for a specific player in the draft already.

We fought hard to get there. We had numerous defensive injuries. Not excuses but facts. Yet here we are as a fan base, pissed off. According so many different voices, the throwing them under the bus fact became a mass murder scene.

Your defense is obviously superior and many have wondered what we need to do? Get that same sort of dominant force? But it's not just that. Our "1st ranked offense" did absolutely nothing. So if it's all about meeting you again next year, and defense plays the ultimate goal, a 13-8 final would be in our favor? :p

Nobody in the AFC could keep pace with the Broncos in 2013. That says a lot.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My Broncos Fan neighbor sounded pretty disgusted after we won. He said he's going to stop caring about them until they get a real defense. He's tired of good offenses with average defenses...As our defense reminded the world in historic fashion, Defense Wins Championships. To his credit, even before the Super Bowl, he flat out told me he would straight up trade Denver's offense for our defense. It's like he knew what was coming.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It was a perfect match-up for Seattle. They had guys to match up with every weapon on Denver's offense and Manning didn't have the arm to challenge them deep. The run game was no threat. That's a recipe for disaster against Seattle. I think anyone who paid close attention to Seattle sort of figured this out. Seattle is built to stop the pass; Denver does nothing but win with the pass. Seattle's offense was also underrated. They blew out every below average secondary they saw this year. Your defense just isn't good enough. No one on your D would start for Seattle, except MAYBE Knighton.

To be honest, I think San Francisco would have been a better match-up for you, ESPECIALLY without Bowman. Your team doesn't necessarily have to re-invent the wheel -- just hope you don't face Seattle again.

drdiags

Reaction score
Getting Miller back healthy will help. Vickerson and other's along the D-Line, plus the loss of Dumervil really hurt the D. May be time for Bailey to think about retiring but that is hard to say as a non-Broncos fan. The offense needs back the starters on the O-Line it lost due to injuries and a little more commitment to Ball and the running game.

In reality, the offense is pretty dynamic though getting the big backup QB ready for the eventual transition needs to intensify since Manning probably only plays 2 more seasons top.

Your defense did a good job on stopping the run, they can build from that. Everyone could use more secondary help.

You should be able to get a good read on where the team stands next year, since the NFC West will play the AFC West. With the Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks and 9ers all playing a similar style of defense with each having their own unique strengths and two of the teams more geared to the run game, it will give you a good feel on whether the Superbowl was just a bad night or if there are fundamental changes needed.

Forgetting about the NFC West, if you look at the NFC South with the Panthers, Saints, Falcons and Bucs - I think you win against the Bucs and Falcons, Panthers are suspect in their secondary but the front 7 is deadly, I still think you win. The Saints are getting better on defense but I would say you win at home and lose at the dome (most teams do, so that is no revelation).

In the NFC East - I think you beat all those teams as they stand today.

The NFC North - Packers probably win at home. Shoot-out at your place but you win. The other 3 are probably wins home or away.

You beat most in the AFC, at Foxboro with the Pats having some of their injured back, it is a tight one. At home, you win.

If you look at what I am estimating, it looks like you have a pretty good team. Just get back some injured, replace some of the defensive side and get the original O-Line back and we will see how it comes out in the wash. I would be disappointed with the loss as well but everybody is starting over dealing with the off-season.

seadoc30

Reaction score
It's just that you guys don't get any competitive games, especially this past season. The last placed team in our division could have been number 2 or 3 in the entire AFC conference. There is absolutely no defense presence in the AFC in comparison to the NFC. We are just more battle tested but I believe if it wasn't us, you guys would have still gotten you butts kicked by any of the other NFC playoff teams (with the exception of Packers or Eagles, who didn't have any defenses either).

Plus, that team is solely based on P.Manning. He is 98% of that team. He sucks, you suck, everybody sucks, he's good, your good, everybody is good.

40-17. Us again next season at the Clink.
35-21. Us again at Super Bowl XLIX!!! Seahawks RePETE!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Broncomaniac69":3uwxgizt said:

Get a quarterback with the ability to throw the deep pass? Or how about use a double move? Seriously you guys need to get physical and get a run game and actually tell Peyton to STFU.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, at least you're not delusional like some Denver fans.

To start with, you have to get better in the secondary. Your DL and LBers are honestly good enough right now. I hear people saying "overhaul your entire defense" but to be honest, I don't see it. I really thought we'd run better against you; your DL didn't get enough pressure on Wilson, but they stoned the run game, which is what we live on. Typically, that would put you on even terms with Seattle, but your back end is soft, so we just passed on you. Coincidentally, it's how we built our defense.

Your LBers surprised me. I knew they were quick, but they did a pretty good job of shedding blocks and tackling Lynch.

Your offense is 1 dimensional. Yeah, you ran on AFC teams when you needed to, but if Denver didn't understand that the defenses they faced were nothing like Seattle, then the coaches let the team down. Running on dominant teams is different. Being 1 dimensional isn't surprising; your QB is elite and is also basically the OC, so if you're depending on your QB to be your OC, you're going to have a heavier passing offense. Balance is the hardest thing to defend, and you saw that in the Superbowl. Sure, our team is better at running, but if you overload to stop the run, we CAN pass very well when needed. Balanced QBs gave us the most trouble as well....Kaepernick can beat you over the top with his arm, but if you get out of your rush lanes, he WILL hurt you with his legs. Pocket passers like Brees and Manning didn't give us much trouble as our DL could just tee off on them.

Frankly, I almost feel sorry for Denver fans. Almost. There was so much crowing and complete dismissal of the Seahawks by Denver fans, it was kind of amazing. Thing is, the reason you really got your ass kicked was environmental. The AFC West had good teams, but teams like Denver and KC feasted on a weak schedule. SD is probably the most physical team in the division and they're basically a .500 team. The NFC West had 3 teams that would've beat Denver. Make no mistake, the Niners would've beat you by at least 17 points and the Cardinals would've made it a good game but would've beaten you as well. I honestly think the Cards have a more physical defense than the Niners, but the Niners are better offensively.

Every game in our division is a street fight. No one can be taken lightly. We're the best team at home in the NFL over the last few years and the Cards came in and beat us. The Rams almost beat us at their place. We won our division with a 4-2 record. I honestly think the division winner next year might be 3-3 in division, 4-2 at best. When your team is forged in that kind of fire, everything else is a cake walk.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Or maybe play ANYONE with an actual defense? It could get real ugly once you play Arizona and St.Louis their pass rush makes us look like the junior varsity.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Broncomaniac69":m7e0vvl9 said:

Get a quarterback with the ability to throw the deep pass? Or how about use a double move? Seriously you guys need to get physical and get a run game and actually tell Peyton to STFU.

rigelian

Reaction score
You need a quarterback that is somewhat mobile. Manning was a sitting duck and doesn't do well passing while moving off the spot. It made it difficult for him to buy time to make passes to his receivers who are routes are being delayed by our pressing defensive backs. The problem is that you're essentially stuck with Manning and his cap hit. Puts the Broncos between a rock and a hard place.

morgulon1

Reaction score
theascension":3i2qted3 said:
Get a fullback. Finesse is for the regular season. Tiredness sets in and eventually you need to win on physicality in the playoffs. Manning still completed 69% against us but had no chance beating us because of almost no YAC yards. To beat the NFC you need that physicality in the future. Depth will be hard though as you're spending so much of your cap on so few players.

2 Weeks gives a huge advantage to defense in playoffs I think. A week to practice but also a week to view film.

I also hate to say it but sometimes I feel Peyton is just too much of a rhythm quarterback. Remember when he got picked off in the New Orleans super bowl? That was their favorite route and they ran it all the time. We figured out their routes/hand signals. If he wants to win again he needs to have that Elway style want, drive and dynamic he had late in his super bowl runs.

Please note that Elway didn't win until he was surrounded with a physical running game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Moreno sucks. Ditch him. Draft a running back that can get tough yards and tire out a defense to pair with Ball.

Put Von Miller in bubble wrap and hide his weed.

Draft a couple of corners. To beat the NFC teams, you need CBs that can get physical at the line. DRC is a good player, but he's not covering the small receivers or the big ones on the best NFC teams when playoff time comes.

With how many solid WR prospects are in the draft, kidnap John Elway, hold him in your basement, and only agree to let him go when he promises to let Eric Decker walk.

That's a start, right?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thing is, it's not Peytons fault (directly). As soon as a team gets Pmanning, they get lazy, the GM gets lazy, the HC gets lazy, "Peyton will carry us." "Who needs defense when you have Manning?" "Screw the defense, let's get Peyton more weapons."

Happens every time with an elite QB, everyone gets lazy, starts taking credit for wins (bill belichack) and breaks the Camels (QBs) back through neglect. Bill Polian executive of the year? Horse shit.

The Broncos relaxed as soon as they started breaking records and kicked back to enjoy all that (crack) smoke being blown up their ass. And people are surprised that the Broncos got their "ass pounded?"