If Pete were to step down today...

morgulon1

Reaction score
I don't mean this post as blasphemy, my question has to do with how well the Seahawks are built. Remember the mid nineties
era Dallas Cowboys? Jimmy Johnson had built an efficient killing machine that was able to win another Superb Owl AFTER he was
screwed over by Jerrah. IIRC they were competitive at least a few years after that.

So my question is :

If PC were to step away today, do the Seahawks win another championship or do they fade into (As Mr Iron Mike Tyson states)
Bolivia?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't even want to think about it but honestly, I can't say we'd win another won with Pete at the helm. They are just too hard to come by and repeating is very rare nowadays. Too many variables and luckily not a question we have to answer this year

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think they would be very competitive for at least a few more years. Not sure about another championship.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
morgulon1":swnfkym0 said:
I think they would be very competitive for at least a few more years. Not sure about another championship.

This. The talent is there and the team is young to compete and win some games, but it is the coaching that harnessed that talent and got us the trophy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
With the roster returning the talent that it is, plus we still have John Schneider drafting for us....yea we'd win another one.

I think Quinn or Cable could steer the ship for a couple of years, with JS managing the salary cap and keeping what talent he could. We'd fade eventually though.

Like Kidhawk said though, it's tough to repeat, regardless of the coaching staff.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Seattle is so loaded, I could bring in my 15 years of championship caliber Madden and win at least 1-2 more superbowls.

I would sign Martin and incognito both, then let them go 1v1 bare knuckles to decide who gets cut.

Would also Get carpenter and reds fat A**** in the weight room more, do they even lift?

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I think they would be competitive. How long? As Hawks46 said, that depends on John Schneider. Much as I like Pete and would hate to lose him, IMO it would be much worse to lose Schneider.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Pete was killed while driving on I-405 by a drunk driver going North in the South bound lanes, then this franchise would be "up the creek" as Mr. Bevel would most likely take his position. I would not want to see how that would work out.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
No, we wouldn't win another one immediately, and it would stall future development. I hope Pete coaches past age 70. The team is built to mirror Pete's coaching identity. You think it's a coincidence that this team has the same swagger and physical make-up of his USC teams? How did those teams look after he left for Seattle? JJ's team was a collection of superstars who would have been studs in any system. This team is about having the RIGHT guys in the RIGHT system. It doesn't work without the single unifying voice at the top. You think every coach in the league can draw the most out of late-round picks and former coach killers? Pete is the most important person in this organization, and it ain't really close.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Pete left, it'd be Dan Quinn or Tom Cable. I think both those guys are capable of putting a Lombardi in the case.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":qw70xyi2 said:
If Pete left, it'd be Dan Quinn or Tom Cable. I think both those guys are capable of putting a Lombardi in the case.

That's probably what USC fans thought about Kiffin and Sark (pre-UW)...

kearly

Reaction score
If Pete left, I'd hope we replace him with a defensive minded coach that values cover 3 press. Then I'd make sure Richard Sherman gets extended. We wouldn't have access to Pete's infinite pipeline of CBs to develop anymore, so we'd need to lock our current DBs up.

That would be a lot of cap strain on the team, but if successful I could see Seattle being championship caliber for many years, especially if Pete's replacement is a very good coach.

That's a lot of if's though. Under more realistic scenarios, I think Seattle wilts pretty fast if Pete leaves, and the 49ers would become the best team in the division within a few years.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2cjlpszs said:
Sarlacc83":2cjlpszs said:

That's probably what USC fans thought about Kiffin and Sark (pre-UW)...

Tom Cable coached a pretty good Raiders team, did he not?

And Quinn would already be familiar with his defense.

In your example, both those guys built programs on their own. That wasn't the question.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hate to even think about this...Ask me in 3-4 yrs