Steve Largent talks Seahawks Super Bowl victory.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Now...there is one classy fellow! I have always been proud that Steve Largent was a Seahawk. I'm also certain that we all will be saying the same thing regarding Russell Wilson.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Largent's political background has served him well. He is ever the statesman dodging those loaded questions. Plus, he's just an honestly nice guy who I don't think would say anything bad about anyone. Very glad to have gotten to see him play.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yeah, (like Largent and probably numerous others) I couldn't relax either, really, until that last TD and then finally when Russell Wilson was taken out of the game. I'm still pinching myself about every other day.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm also with Largent regarding the clock vis-à-vis The Manning Factor. I'll enjoy this game a lot more the second time I watch it.

The Radish

Reaction score
He's the type of guy that won't bash for bashs sake. Unlike all of us. lol He is a class guy.

And remember the ninnirs are a damned fine team and I'm not afraid to say so. No sense saying any different. And he knows a bit about football and says he thinks the SuperB owl winner will come from the NFC West for a few years now you can believe it.

I thought he made a very good point about the missed snap to start the game and comparing it to Wilson having the ball knocked from his hand at the 17 being two very different things. We held them to a field goal, came back and won the game.

I do agree with many that missed snap, giving up a safety, then giving up a field goal upset the Broncos rather than made them feel better about themselves. Turns out like the Battle of Gettysburg, the war was over right then but neither side knew it.

:les:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, Steve brought up a good point about the botched snap and comparing it to Wilson's first-snap fumble in the NFCCG.

The thing that struck me as the difference between those two plays is the reaction of the two QBs immediately afterward. On SoundFX, it looked like Peyton was completely rattled by that play. He couldn't let it go. He told everyone in ear-shot about he should have done this or should have done that. It was really surprising to see that.

On the other hand, after Wilson's fumble, it was reported that he was laughing on the sideline and immediately shook it off. On SoundFX, he looked focus when coaching Kellen Davis to turn his head if he's open. It was a completely different mindset than the one I saw from Peyton. Of course, Wilson went on to complete the most clutch pass in Seahawks history and take his team to the Super Bowl. We're a lucky bunch.