Bring the Super Bowl to Seattle

Will I

Reaction score
This isn't my page but I like what he's trying to do. Didn't see it posted anywhere else so I thought I'd share it in hopes of it gaining some steam...

https://www.facebook.com/BringTheSuperBowlToSeattle?ref=ts&fref=ts

So just to fill you in on something you can't see in the Final Drive for 10k likes below.

9,516 people have viewed it! We are all still here and active.

I've been waiting until we get to around 10,000 likes to start informing the local media of our efforts. So today I started tweeting and emailing. I sent some tweets to most of the KJR staff, and emailed the Seattle times. We got some positive recognition from KJR.

I also got this facebook messaged to me from the Seahawks facebook page. "Thank you for sharing this with us! We definitely appreciate the support! Go Hawks!"

I'll be doing a lot more of this but I really could use some help from the 12's here. Start emailing and tweeting any media outlet you can think of, Radio, print, and TV. Post this link in blogs. Contact the local sports radio and print personalities.

All it takes is someone to pick this up as a story and we could go viral. This might seem like a lark to some but I'm dead serious on blowing this up big time to put our city in the discussion. I'm All in! How about you? Why not us?

We need everyones help. It won't get done by just a few. If you have any ideas or are interested in helping out here as an admin send me a message.

Thank's
Greg Woodfill

https://www.facebook.com/BringTheSuperBowlToSeattle

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You better start a petition to get the Link to add 5000 seats too.

JonRud

Reaction score
The host city/team has never made it to the Super Bowl. I hope Seattle never gets it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Can you imagine the collective NFL outrage if Seattle played in a SB in Seattle? even with a corporate crowd, it would be two weeks of coverage about an unfair noise advantage. I would love it.

OP
OP
W

Will I

Reaction score
Scottemojo":579nu5y9 said:

The requirement to host a bid is 70,000. CenturyLink HAS the capability for 72K, but more comfortable around 67K.

Those 5,000 seats would be part of the deal "IF" it ever happens.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ey14sf9 said:

On a tour of CenturyLink Field last November (the Saturday before the Vikings game), it was mentioned permanent seats would be added to the south end during the offseason. I don't recall the exact number of seats and if that would hit the mark needed. Unless something has changed, that is already in the plans, not merely in the works. I think there was a post about that here on .net awhile back. I can't keep up on everything, so I don't know what's going on with all that. Just mentioning what we heard on that tour. Again, it wasn't a "maybe" this will happen. It was an "already decided" change to happen mention.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":10onmizh said:
I think hotel rooms would be an issue as well. I wonder if they could dock cruise ships, to meet the requirements?

Seattle is one of the greatest Metropolitan cities in the world, we have plenty of hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius to accommodate the Super Bowl. For God's sake, they had the Super Bowl in Jacksonville.

I think the NFL will have another cold weather SB, but probably not anytime soon...........and remember it took a LOT of financial promises from John Mara to the other NFL owners to sell NY. Don't fool yourself, the SB wasn't in NY because it's logistically awesome and easy to accommodate everyone involved. It's pretty much the opposite of that. They had it there because of $$$$$$$$$.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zsqpca7 said:
pmedic920":1zsqpca7 said:
I think hotel rooms would be an issue as well. I wonder if they could dock cruise ships, to meet the requirements?

Seattle is one of the greatest Metropolitan cities in the world, we have plenty of hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius to accommodate the Super Bowl. For God's sake, they had the Super Bowl in Jacksonville.

I think the NFL will have another cold weather SB, but probably not anytime soon...........and remember it took a LOT of financial promises from John Mara to the other NFL owners to sell NY. Don't fool yourself, the SB wasn't in NY because it's logistically awesome and easy to accommodate everyone involved. It's pretty much the opposite of that. They had it there because of $$$$$$$$$.

My Man, I'm not, nor would I "dog" Seattle, I just seem to recall that the amount of rooms was one of the issues talked about in the past. I'd be happy to be wrong on it. :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I love this city, but I still believe the Super Bowl should only be in a warm weather city. The NFL dodged a big bullet this year with it being 50 degrees about 12 hours before a blizzard rolled in. Not saying Seattle would have a blizzard, but a steady cold rain + wind is definitely possible..

I just think a championship game on a neutral field should have the best chance of good weather that you can muster. How pissed would all of us been if a snow storm had our defense slipping and sliding everywhere? Or in contrast.. if we won 43-8 in 8 inches of snow or a driving rain.. you can bet many would discredit that..

Just makes more sense to have it indoors or in a warm winter climate.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
As much as I'd be ecstatic that Seattle would host a Superbowl. I'm not confident that the City of Seattle can handle an event of that magnitude. Definitely not with the current logistics and infrastructure in place. Not enough hotel space and never mind the piss poor public transportation are a couple of items that come to mind.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30q21m2l said:
I love this city, but I still believe the Super Bowl should only be in a warm weather city. The NFL dodged a big bullet this year with it being 50 degrees about 12 hours before a blizzard rolled in. Not saying Seattle would have a blizzard, but a steady cold rain + wind is definitely possible..

I just think a championship game on a neutral field should have the best chance of good weather that you can muster. How pissed would all of us been if a snow storm had our defense slipping and sliding everywhere? Or in contrast.. if we won 43-8 in 8 inches of snow or a driving rain.. you can bet many would discredit that..

yup and actually, we got back from the stadium at 1:30am and by 5am, snow started and did not stop...thankfully, i drove home to Toronto with my brother in law after we knew our rebooked flights were never getting out of YYZ....

they did get very lucky...i think the NFL will never risk it again. now, generally early Feb in SEA is wet but there is snow risk.

personally, i would rather have a warm venue so my child could come along...so hopefully well be in phoenix next year...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":b3qa2mqe said:
As much as I'd be ecstatic that Seattle would host a Superbowl. I'm not confident that the City of Seattle can handle an event of that magnitude. Definitely not with the current logistics and infrastructure in place. Not enough hotel space and never mind the piss poor public transportation are a couple of items that come to mind.

If Seattle can successfully host the World Trade Organization, they can host any event.

wto-seattle.jpg

OP
OP
W

Will I

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1zlznd0w said:

Century Link field is capable of expanding to 72,000 seats, meeting the NFL’s 70,000-seat minimum Super Bowl requirement. Hotel space downtown and on the Eastside will expand beyond 30,000 by next year, more than exceeding the league’s threshold.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022808004_seattlesuperbowl01xml.html

JonRud

Reaction score
I live in NJ and despite that fact that attending Super Bowl XLVIII turned out to be the greatest day of my life - I always did and still think it was a bad idea to have the Super Bowl in a cold weather city. What if a blizzard or strong winds hurt the Hawks on that day and we didn't blow out Denver like we did in perfect conditions?

I really don't think the elements should play a factor in the Super Bowl and they should continue to play in warm weather cities and domes. In the playoffs elements are part of your Home Field Advantage - but I believe the Super Bowl should be played on a non-impacted surface.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vnv3v3w said:
hawkfan68":3vnv3v3w said:

If Seattle can successfully host the World Trade Organization, they can host any event.

wto-seattle.jpg

IMO, WTO to Superbowl is not comparable. Superbowl has a far greater reach. Seattle hosted the Goodwill Games but they were so spread out venue wise that it wasn't problem. This will be centered around one location. Besides, my point is the public transportation is atrocious here. Especially if you are coming to Seattle downtown from Bellevue, Redmond, and other eastside locations.

OP
OP
W

Will I

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1jpj3sxf said:
Sgt. Largent":1jpj3sxf said:
hawkfan68":1jpj3sxf said:

wto-seattle.jpg

IMO, WTO to Superbowl is not comparable. Superbowl has a far greater reach. Seattle hosted the Goodwill Games but they were so spread out venue wise that it wasn't problem. This will be centered around one location. Besides, my point is the public transportation is atrocious here. Especially if you are coming to Seattle downtown from Bellevue, Redmond, and other eastside locations.

With years of planning, and in the biggest metro area in the country, the lines to catch a train out of the Meadowlands was 4 hours long or more. That's for something under 100,000 people trying to get out. With less than a week of planning, the wait for trains was similar after the parade in Seattle, but in Seattle something close to 700,000 people needed to be moved. Seattle normally moves about 200,000 people in and out of the City on a given work day. So transit for a Superbowl would be no problem here. Especially if a good percentage of the people stay right in the heart of the City.

Brahn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xdvfi18 said:

I wanted one, but this swayed me.

Now I say no, we keep what we kill.

Plus no way we get it until Bertha finishes her dig anyways, that would free up access.