The NFL should be ashamed of itself.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
How is it possible to do what Pete and John have done the last 4 years and not have a single coach of the year or exec of the year trophy? That neither has happened makes a complete mockery of the awards.

At this point I think it is now to late also. The reality is it should have happened multiple times on both counts.

kidhawk

Reaction score
That is standard protocol in these matters. Awards are often given more for what you have done than what you are currently doing. Doesn't really matter though. I'm sure they wouldn't mind the accolades, but they got the ultimate award in the Lombardi trophy and that is the one that really matters

seadoc30

Reaction score
To be a coach of the year, you need to be the worst coach/team the year before n of the best the next year.. I don't think Pete qualifies for the former criteria.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Shame on the sports media, really. They vote for these awards.

What you get is a bunch of sports writers that panned a lot of PC/JS moves (drafting Wilson, starting Wilson, taking big corners in the draft/from the CFL, drafting Irvin, etc.), so they won't vote for Carroll or Schneider because they would be admitting that they were wrong. They were waiting to see Carroll and Schneider fail so they could say "I told you so." When that didn't happen, they weren't going to point out their errors by giving awards to either of them.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Who has done a better job at GM or coach in the last four years?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Face it, until the Seahawks finally WON the Super Bowl, most of the world didn't really BELIEVE this team was good enough to do it. That is, until they obliterated the Donkeys. By then....it was too late.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ox973cp said:
seadoc30":1ox973cp said:
Who won the exec of the year award?

John Dorsey from the Chiefs

Yep they added the definition of game manager at qb to a good defensive team with a very strong running game in a very week defensive conference.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":q9jgvxct said:
seadoc30":q9jgvxct said:
Who won the exec of the year award?

John Dorsey from the Chiefs

Well deserved. Totally turned the program around, even though they were exposed once they started playing "real" teams. Still, that team had been mired in suckitude for some time so kudos to him.

As others have said, I'll take the LOMBARDI thank you very much.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
If it were a choice between this or the Lombardi we all would take the Lombardi but it is not a choice. One is completely separate from the other and getting the Lombardi doesn't excuse or reduce the shit show that it is.

Truth is the Lombardi after completely tearing the program to the ground and building it back up to the level they have in such an amazingly short time is really just more proof of the travesty the them getting over looked really is.

This isn't like Harbaugh (who has a coach of the year award) and Balke (who has a Exec of the year award) coming int a team that Mcloughan built with some of the most talent in the league and getting to three championship games with it. These guys took a program that was one of the worst and most talent deprived teams in football and churned the roster for somewhere close to 1100 transaction in 4 years. By far the most active FO in football and then took that talent and turned 5th rounders, UDFA's and guys from the Canadian football league with a too short QB they (apparently) lucked into in the third round and turned them into all pros and world champs. It's a made for movie story when you really look at what they have accomplished.

drdiags

Reaction score
BTW for those who say the writers voted for Executive of the year, according to an article I posted when Grigson won it last year, the Sporting News Executive of the year is voted on by 32 NFL GMs or executives of the team. Sports writers vote for the player awards but coach and executive is done by the clubs' Front offices.

ABOUT THE AWARDS

Sporting News polled more than 800 NFL players, coaches and executives for our 2012 awards. Everyone voted for offensive and defensive player of the year, rookie of the year and comeback player of the year. Only coaches and executives voted for coach of the year, coordinator of the year, executive of the year and SN’s All-Pro team.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...son-voted-sporting-news-executive-of-the-year

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Coach & Exec of the year are all about instant gratification. What'd you do for me this season only compared to last season?

It's idiotic.

Rainger

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jqws9mm said:
Coach & Exec of the year are all about instant gratification. What'd you do for me this season only compared to last season?

It's idiotic.
THIS: and also who had some cancer, or who's mother died, or who we need to have a feel good story for or who had a team that tanked to get a draft pick and then got an easy schedule to make a mockery of it all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
You all know I don't like the Seahawks and even I think it was a complete joke that Ron Rivera won coach of the year. Carroll was much more deserving. The problem with those awards tho is that they only go to coaches and GMs who have a SURPRISING season, not the BEST season.

Let's be real tho, I'm sure they are much happier with the Lombardi Trophy anyway.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope we are the first NFL team to threePete as Super Bowl champions without Carroll or Schneider winning coach/exec of the year even once, just to make those clowns look stupid as hell.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1e14l535 said:
If it were a choice between this or the Lombardi we all would take the Lombardi but it is not a choice. One is completely separate from the other and getting the Lombardi doesn't excuse or reduce the shit show that it is.

Truth is the Lombardi after completely tearing the program to the ground and building it back up to the level they have in such an amazingly short time is really just more proof of the travesty the them getting over looked really is.

This isn't like Harbaugh (who has a coach of the year award) and Balke (who has a Exec of the year award) coming int a team that Mcloughan built with some of the most talent in the league and getting to three championship games with it. These guys took a program that was one of the worst and most talent deprived teams in football and churned the roster for somewhere close to 1100 transaction in 4 years. By far the most active FO in football and then took that talent and turned 5th rounders, UDFA's and guys from the Canadian football league with a too short QB they (apparently) lucked into in the third round and turned them into all pros and world champs. It's a made for movie story when you really look at what they have accomplished.
Just wait for the Win Forever movie with Tom Cruise as Pete Carroll and Jonah Hill playing John Schneider. Is it as good a story if the philosophy actually leads to winning a championship?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1l3k73d5 said:
Face it, until the Seahawks finally WON the Super Bowl, most of the world didn't really BELIEVE this team was good enough to do it. That is, until they obliterated the Donkeys. By then....it was too late.

you WON the SUPERBOWL. why care about this?

Comment to me today: I really did not know the Seahawks were that good. I mean, I think I only watched them play the Rams and 49ers. They looked beatable.

Me: You were watching them play the other NFC W teams. We all play the same game, but they just did it better. Did you watch them play any one else? You would have known.