So, does Browner get a ring?

Paschtorian

Reaction score
If this question has already been posted,.........I apologize.

Just askin',...........does Browner qualify to sport a Superbowl ring for this last season????

I mean, he was there for the majority of the games.

I hope his suspension doesn't disqualify him as a player on the team last year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The organization can give rings to whomever they feel gave a contribution in any way, shape or form. The league only pays for a certain quantity (I think it's around 150) and the team must pay for any extras. So if the team feels Browner deserves a ring then he can get one, there's no other real qualification for it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I sure hope so. He was such a big part of this team becoming what it is now.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
He was a huge part of the team earning that Super Bowl victory as much as anyone. He should and probably will.

bigcc

Reaction score
id bet the house on it.

EDIT: If the organization didn't the rest of the LOB would get an exact replica made

RussJames

Reaction score
He'll get one.

Does anyone know when the players get their rings?

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
I don't know if this is any indication, but I just got my Super Bowl Champions shirt in the mail. The roster is on the back of the shirt and Browner's name is not there.

warden

Reaction score
Browner can't receive anything from the Seahawks until his suspension is over. He is not allowed to even attend a NFL game as a fan. There is no contact, never mind any expensive reward.

I believe the Seahawks will do the right thing and make a ring for him and give it too him down the road when his suspension ends.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Still have to wonder what the future holds for Browner. The skills are obvious. The head is the question mark for the Seahawks or any other team pondering taking a chance on him now. His decision making is what ruined his career. Were he to take the right steps (rehab, counseling, whatever) would that be enough to convince the league to lift the suspension? I suspect his team mates and possibly even his coaches have all been offering advice. What he does with it will be the source of much speculation. Browner was a one man highlight reel when active. I for one hope he gets the ship righted and returns to the NFL where he belongs. Whether that is with the Seahawks is yet to be seen.

warden

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2hjcqw19 said:
Still have to wonder what the future holds for Browner. The skills are obvious. The head is the question mark for the Seahawks or any other team pondering taking a chance on him now. His decision making is what ruined his career. Were he to take the right steps (rehab, counseling, whatever) would that be enough to convince the league to lift the suspension? I suspect his team mates and possibly even his coaches have all been offering advice. What he does with it will be the source of much speculation. Browner was a one man highlight reel when active. I for one hope he gets the ship righted and returns to the NFL where he belongs. Whether that is with the Seahawks is yet to be seen.

I suspect that about 2/3rds of the way through next season, his suspension gets lifted and he grabs a job with the Seahawks at low salary to play out the rest of the 2014 season, giving him some bargaining power in the 2015 off season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
warden":1nzyfk63 said:
Browner can't receive anything from the Seahawks until his suspension is over.
I believe that you are wrong about this.

Do you have a source/link?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He contributed more than his fair share towards that SB victory. I think he gets a ring. The team is obviously disappointed in his actions, but it's not like he committed murder, raped someone, or created some crazy locker room mess that tore the team apart. So yeah, I think he still gets a ring.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
They cut him a check for--how many extra thousands of dollars was it?--because it was the right thing to do for his production since he came to the Seahawks.

Giving him a ring is the right thing to do too, and they'll do it.

Exittium

Reaction score
There's already a thread about this discussing it. I'd link it but its my day off.. I'm lazy and in end using my phone to post this haha

warden

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3p8qqydx said:
warden":3p8qqydx said:
Browner can't receive anything from the Seahawks until his suspension is over.
I believe that you are wrong about this.

Do you have a source/link?

My source, years of paying attention to how things work in the NFL

Barthawk

Reaction score
Warden, why would Browner tweet out this today? I figured you would be best to enlighten us with your years of experience following the NFL. :th2thumbs:

Brandon Browner ‏@bbrowner27 4h
Oh and my ring size is a 12, more then blessed to have played for such a great organization

warden

Reaction score
Barthawk":2plb5xg6 said:
Warden, why would Browner tweet out this today? I figured you would be best to enlighten us with your years of experience following the NFL. :th2thumbs:

Brandon Browner ‏@bbrowner27 4h
Oh and my ring size is a 12, more then blessed to have played for such a great organization

Browner under suspension is not allowed to have any direct contact with the Seahawks or receive any monetary value what so ever with the Seahawks. He is not allowed to even buy a ticket to attend a game. The league would fine the Seahawks heavily, maybe take draft picks away if they violate the conditions the NFL has regarding suspensions. Why would he tweet that, we'll there is no restriction on what he can tweet, maybe he is hopeful that he will receive a ring too. Players who have been cut that where part of this years team are getting rings, so it makes sense for Browner to think he is going to get one too. I fully believe that he will get a ring but it will never be given to him until after his suspension is lifted. That tweet is a round about way to get the Seahawks the necessary information to make the ring. There is no violation to make an extra ring at size 12.