The Patch. Does It Matter What Color Jersey?

Should the SBXLVIII patch be on the white jerseys only for best appearances?

• Yes, I think it only works if it's on the away whites that they wore.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • No, I don't think it matters what jersey as long as it's a Seahawks jersey!

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • I'm undecided.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Other. Read my comments please.

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious what the 12's think. We all know the SBXLVIII patch was worn in our away whites. However, not everybody is going to have the money to go buy a white jersey but may want to still put a patch on their current home or greys. How do you feel about the patch on the home or alternate jerseys? For me, I am kind of a snob about stuff like this (I only want the replica as close as possible) but I would totally understand if 12's put the patch on any color jersey. Thoughts?

longsh0t

Reaction score
I bought a Blue 12 jersey with the patch to wear. I want to eventually pick up a white Wilson jersey with the patch to hopefully get autographed someday to frame it. It would have to be autographed on the front to be able to display the SB patch otherwise, if it's signed on the back, it could just be a regular jersey sans patch.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I dont think you are a snob...I think you are particular as to what you desire. For some, exact replica is what that person wants. I shall probably put one on a shirt or sweater or not anything at all. I am not sure yet. Heck, I may just buy a pin if they are made and slap that on some collar of a golf shirt while out on a course for the day.

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3vk8lt8f said:
If your goal is to replicate the SB jersey, you have to go white.

If you simply want a patch that commemorates the SB appearance for the team, I don't think it matters.

This was almost verbatim what went through my head when I read the OP.

I would say that if you are going to do it, then you HAVE to go white for at least one jersey. it would be cool to have one of each color jersey with the patch, but if I were doing it I'd go with white first then add the others....also, it almost seems like the best opportunity to get a Malcolm Smith Jersey right?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
volsunghawk":buudb2sl said:
If your goal is to replicate the SB jersey, you have to go white.

If you simply want a patch that commemorates the SB appearance for the team, I don't think it matters.

That's how I feel. I will want both.

MVP53

Reaction score
Go off the grid and put it on a Washington Redskins Shaun Alexander jersey or a NE Patriots Deion Branch jersey. You would be sure to be the ONLY one to do that.

Riley12

Reaction score
Other - I'm putting one patch on my hoodie, saving one for a customized 12 (color undecided, probably blue)
and then having one put on my son's #20 Lane jersey (blue).

MVP53

Reaction score
To answer the question though, I'd probably go white jersey just to be authentic. Although, I'd never say anything to someone who put it on a blue jersey. No need to be that technical with someone who is just celebrating the SB win.

Also, a question I've always had, what is the take on getting a jersey that never actually existed? Like, those who get the current version of a Steve Largent jersey, something like that?

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'd say hell no it don't matter. I bought a new white because I didn't have one. I will put a patch on it if I can find one. My wife bought me a grey that came with the patch. Put the patch on whatever YOU like it on.

Here's my white in case you missed it. Haha.
dy6y7evy.jpg

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm actually pissed that the stupid NFL has sold out of the White jerseys with the SB silver foil patch and has not gotten more in stock for the masses to buy. Now as fans, we're left seeking out alternative patch options.

Me? I wanted the White Wilson SB patch jersey. I was one week out from getting paid in order to purchase and now, it can't be found anywhere yet one could still buy the blue or gray. Well cool but they didn't wear the blue or gray jersey. I'm like Aros, I want to keep it as close to the real thing as can be. And besides, the blue and gray jerseys have the patch on the right side, not the left as how it was on the white jerseys.

But let me guess, had the SB winner been a large market team there would be the correct SB jerseys falling from the sky.

Chi-Hawkman

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone who works @ ChromaFlex to decide they need a little "side cash", and sell a few thousand patches on eBay. If not, I'll go with these...

Ama3apeq
a4e6y7ep.jpg

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm even putting one on my "patch jacket". Mostly racing patches, but that sucker is going on there.

Also putting one on all my old vintage jerseys. All are blue.

Msfann

Reaction score
I bought the blue with the patch, I just wanted 12 Fan jersey and to get it with the Super bowl patch was a huge bonus.

It will forever be tied to this years team and winning the Super bowl.

BeaHUman

Reaction score
I bought a SB and Capt patch already. I plan on a white jersey as I already have 2 of the prior generation home jerseys (Hasselbeck and Strong)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know to each their own, BUT for the record. I bought a white sherman SB jersey. My reasoning, Sherman was a huge reason we got there, white is what they wore on the field.

Here's a different question...I want to get the SB jersey signed by Sherman and put it in a display case. Pretty much 99% of all display case signed jerseys I ever see, are signed on the back to show the name of the player. However, the SB patch is on the front. So what would you do? get the back signed or the front?

A

Anonymous

ZagHawk":317l7lfp said:
You know to each their own, BUT for the record. I bought a white sherman SB jersey. My reasoning, Sherman was a huge reason we got there, white is what they wore on the field.

Here's a different question...I want to get the SB jersey signed by Sherman and put it in a display case. Pretty much 99% of all display case signed jerseys I ever see, are signed on the back to show the name of the player. However, the SB patch is on the front. So what would you do? get the back signed or the front?

I've seen some jersey displays that had a folding thing going on so you saw the patch on the front and part of the name. Like it was mounted in side view. You could also take a digital pic of the back and mount it in next to the jersey that is displayed front. Kinda like when they insert pics of that jersey being signed.

MVP53

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ukwybcc said:

I say mount it with the front showing with the patch.

You won't be able to see the name, but honestly, no self respecting Seahawk fan you spend your time with should ever forget who wore 25 in the Super Bowl.