Exorcising Seahawk demons

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Our victory in the Super Bowl was very cathartic for me. It probably sounds ridiculous, but I've had the strange compulsion to reach out to Rick Mirer lately. I know he's a grown man and from what I've read, he's come to terms with his lackluster NFL career. That being said, as an adolescent in the 90's, he was number 1 on my list of despised NFL players (including rivals). Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon? :sarcasm_off:

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":19ul1xo4 said:
Our victory in the Super Bowl was very cathartic for me. It probably sounds ridiculous, but I've had the strange compulsion to reach out to Rick Mirer lately. I know he's a grown man and from what I've read, he's come to terms with his lackluster NFL career. That being said, as an adolescent in the 90's, he was number 1 on my list of despised NFL players (including rivals). Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon? :sarcasm_off:

Kind of like Red Sox fans finally forgiving Bill Buckner after they won the series in 2004.

irfuben32

Reaction score
certainly takes the sting out of SB40

if we win a couple more maybe I will stop hating The Boz.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yeah, but Buckner was a really good first baseman outside of that one gaffe. Mirer, well....

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":iexl19o3 said:
I may forgive some... but I will never forgive Ken Behring.

Ken Behring is in Hell's ring of honor, along with Jeff Smulyn, Howard Schultz, Clay Bennett, David Stern, and Greg Nickels.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would force them demons to exercise....pushups, pullups, cardio, and bicycling are just examples. That way they have the endurance to stay the path. LMAO

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2jychlg1 said:
I know he's a grown man and from what I've read, he's come to terms with his lackluster NFL career.:

Really? Last I read a few years ago he was still blaming the Hawks for rushing him and using him wrong.

OP
OP
K

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":84ua5ddd said:
Kennedyin92":84ua5ddd said:
I know he's a grown man and from what I've read, he's come to terms with his lackluster NFL career.:

Really? Last I read a few years ago he was still blaming the Hawks for rushing him and using him wrong.[/quote

That could be true, I hadn't heard that. I just read a blurb about him owning a winery and having moved on from his football career. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. I can see both sides of that argument. The Seahawks desperately needed a guy who could step in right away and have sustained success, unfortunately they were wrong.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":15vegsub said:
onanygivensunday":15vegsub said:
I may forgive some... but I will never forgive Ken Behring.

Ken Behring is in Hell's ring of honor, along with Jeff Smulyn, Howard Schultz, Clay Bennett, David Stern, and Greg Nickels.
:13: THIS :13:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Reach out? Nope, the mediocrity is buried. I suppose I appreciate the "mediocre, mediocre" players of Seahawks past in some way, because they make Super Bowl victory so much sweeter. OTHO, those @#$$# caused me to wait for 38yrs!

Ring of infamy candidates:

Ken Behring
Tom Flores
Bob Whitless
Timmaay Ruskell
Jim Mora Jr.
Dennis Errorson
Dan McGuire
Rick Mirer
Stan Gelbarf
Doucheman Zada
Deion Branch
Hop-along Habib (how he slipped past the physical I have no idea)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
My bad feelings for Mirer are tempered because we managed to get a 1st rounder for him from the Bears didn't we?

Tundra

Reaction score
irfuben32":p2m53qzp said:
certainly takes the sting out of SB40

if we win a couple more maybe I will stop hating The Boz.
Sorry but that sting will never go away! This is heaven and that was HELL!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will never forget the atrocities of SBXL*, but winning it all - finally! - sure helps heal old wounds.

bigcc

Reaction score
terreal bierra was my most hated player in seahawk history (my comparably brief time to others here albeit). The fact he was arrested for murder makes me feel satisfied I wished he had gotten hurt every game he ever played in (only player I have/likely will ever say that about)

bigcc

Reaction score
Largent80":bv9z3n8a said:
Antwan Randell El?

Etrick Pruitt?

Rnadell El made a hell of a throw, find it hard to knock a guy for that..... Pruitt lost that game for us damn near single handedly due to PISS POOR play, a sin i cannot forgive.