Open Welcome Letter from .NET to Pete Carroll (from 2010)

RockHawk

Reaction score
This topic is for you to post your own message to Coach Carroll as the new Coach & Executive VP for our Seahawks. Feel free to share your opinion, your excitement or your pessimism, and I will deliver it to team HQ later this week.

I want this to be from the heart, but also in a professional and respectful manner. I'll start:

Coach Carroll,
As a lifelong Seahawk fan and part of the greatest group of fans in the NFL, we want nothing more than to watch a winning team, but it's important to us to also be fans of a winning organization. We felt like we finally acheived this for several years under the direction of Mike Holmgren. He taught this organization how to win, and what it means to be more than what you think you can be.

As I study your professional history both in the NFL and with USC, I see a man that has learned from his past mistakes. I think this is why I am most excited about your hire, because just like Holmgren did before you, I feel that you are bringing our team the continuation of a culture of winning that you've had with USC. I can't wait to see your enthusiasm rub off onto our players, and ultimately turn into extraordinary efforts on gameday.

In short, when I heard that you were coming to the Seahawks, I was both excited and skeptical. The questions about "will his College success translate to the NFL" still remain in my mind, but in terms of bringing in the right guy, and the right football mind to transform our team into a winner, I can't disagree with Mr Leiweke's choice.

Welcome to the Seahawks Coach, and I'm glad you began your press conference with the fans. You really have no idea what you are in for on the first gameday at Qwest Field, but I promise you that you will get chills. I still do.

All the best
Mark Olsen

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Dear Pete,

Welcome to Seattle!!!! I am feeling great about you coming here and look forward to many, many great winning season with the Seattle Seahawks.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Mr Carroll,

I want to thank you for taking the job with my team. Ive been a fan since I was a little guy and love this team and my fellow fans like family. You are a part of my family now. I cant wait. " It's great to be a Seahawk!"

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Coach,

Twenty years from now I would like to look back and talk to my friends about how wonderful the Pete Carroll years were for Seattle. Please ensure that that happens!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Hello Pete,

I have been a Seahawks fan for all of my nearly 32 years. I've seen the worst of the worst seasons...I am hoping that you can show me the best of the best. I live in Omaha, NE now and have never been inside Qwest Field. (save for the pro-shop) I promise you, that when you are in disbelief on opening day, at how loud the 12th man is, that I will be one of the voices you hear in that mix. We'll help prove your theory that everything will be done better moving forward. GO SEAHAWKS!!!

-Damon M Marvin

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Coach Carroll,

The past weekend has been hectic and strange and it made me wonder if our team is headed in the right direction. But your recent hires, your attitude, and your conviction can make a believer out of me if they're followed up with wins. You are my coach now, you get my support.

sam1313

Reaction score
Dear Coach Carroll,

As a Seahawk fan from 76, I obviously have seen some good and bad years. However, I never, ever remember being this excited about the future of the Seahawks organization. The more I have learned about you the past few days, the more excited I have become. I truly believe that you can prove all of the naysayers wrong, just like you did at USC. In short, welcome to the Seahawks -- please kick ass and take names.

Scott Marquis

Seadog

Reaction score
Welcome to Seattle, where the 12th man will always lend a hand....best of luck! :th2thumbs:

Mckinja

Reaction score
Coach Carroll,

Welcome to Seattle! You will not find a fan base that loves their team or lives and dies with their team more than those of the Seattle Seahawks. While this organization has recently had prolonged success, we've found ourselves stuck in the mire of mediocrity once again. Our franchise has a rich history, one that often gets overlooked because of our geographic location and lack of Super Bowl Titles. Learn where this franchise came from. See how difficult it has been to be a Seahawk fan in years past and you will come to fully appreciate the passion of the fans that support you and this team. We've tasted what it was like to be a Super Bowl-caliber team and we've become hungry for more.

We are counting on you and your staff to bring this proud franchise back to the state of glory we once knew and taking the next step. As fans, we will support you and the team with our whole hearts and voices, providing a home-field advantage that only the "12th Man" is capable of. As a part of Seahawk Nation, I say welcome, good luck, and let's get to work.

Respectfully,

Joel McKinney
Seahawk fan by birth
12-year Season Ticket Holder
Section 149, Row M, Seats 7-9

JonRud

Reaction score
New Jersey loves the Seattle Seahawks and Pete Carroll! Welcome aboard Coach!

Jonathan

HawkEye

Reaction score
Welcome to the Seahawks coach!

I am really excited about you and your new coaching staff guiding our beloved team.

You are taking a team that has been always considered an underdog, even in 2005, when we played in the Super Bowl, but I am sure the success we will get in the near future will be sweeter because of our "underdog" status.

You can be sure we will be following you with great interest. Personally, I think you "can do and WILL DO" philosophy is what our team needs!

I am glad to have you around!

kf3339

Reaction score
Coach Carroll,

Welcome to the Seahawks! I'm excited about your hire and have complete confidence in your ability to right the ship and lead us back to the Super Bowl in the next few years.

Good Luck and God Speed!

Kevin

Hawk-N-Stein

Reaction score
Coach Carroll,

As a life long Seahawk fan since '76. I have seen, witnessed, been a part of the worst and the best of times, the highs and the lows that this team has been through since its inception. Boy, what a roller coaster ride it has been.

I would like nothing less then a superbowl victory for this team. The team deserves it, the players deserve it, and certainly us fans deserve it.

I am excited about your hiring, and I am confident in your ability to lead this team out of the current funk it is in and lead it to a Superbowl Victory.

Congrats and Good Luck

Dave Bourque

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Welcome to Seattle, lets get this done!!! At least there's no NFL team's in the state of Oregon. Because we all know you cant win there. But luckily I know you have great success everywhere else and I hope it will continue in Seattle.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Coach,

As you have already heard with everyone else's comments, we LOVE this team and we are excited to have you aboard. I haven't been this excited about Seahawks football in a long time, and it feels like the first time we got a superbowl bid. I love your positive outlook on making this team the best it can be, and I have a feeling you will get the players to buy in. Here's to many successful seasons here in Seattle!

-SundayNiteBlackout

P.S. Locker in 2011

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to the Great Northwest, Coach!

I just watched your first presser and must say I like your style.

Loud & Proud in Clear Lake, WA. 12th Man rules!

Da Lymon

(Pssst...if you really want to find out the latest in Seahawk news, this is the place to come to.)

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Coach Carroll,

Thank you for coming to Seattle and getting the excitment and enthusiasm going again. I am looking forward to seeing what you can bring to our team as well as our city. The 12thman is ready to rise up stronger and louder than ever. Good luck and best wishes and I will stand by you as you help to guide our team to the back to the top and instill the winning attitude that I know you are accustomed to.

Adam(Yaktownhawk)