The 4 Year Plan

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't heard this talked about that much but I recall PC and JS were calling it a "4 Year Plan" right from the start. Holy Catfish were they dead on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":24klqrah said:
I haven't heard this talked about that much but I recall PC and JS were calling it a "4 Year Plan" right from the start. Holy Catfish were they dead on.

And you are surprised? They've been right so many times now that I just get something wrong

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't recall Pete saying that. I remember people indicating that he or John did, so maybe it was John.

In Pete's introductory press conference he said he didn't know how long it would take, but that he was aiming to win right away.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
All I can say is if Pete or John gave me lotto numbers, I would sure buy a ticket. My Championship towel that I ordered, just showed up, and made it REAL to me all over again. We are the SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I don't remember them saying it would take 4 years specifically - could be though. One thing is for certain, we were very fortunate to get our franchise QB pretty much towards the end of it. We weren't getting top 10 picks after the first year. Not to take away the forsight and knowledge to get RW but just saying we were very fortunate that he was even there for them to get. Many up and coming solid playoff-caliber teams over the years have faded into the wild blue yonder because of failing to get that part.

Which begs the question, " I wonder how patient our fanbase would have been with PC if we were still looking?, How many more years?" Teams can literally take decades trying to find a franchise QB. I've always felt there is an amount of luck involved. Kind of like being in the right place at the right time. And that's accounting for putting yourself in the best position in anyway you can. Just a thought.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I recall Pete saying something before the SB season along the lines of "I'm expecting us to be good this year, but even better in years to follow"...does anyone remember that? That's a scary thought for the rest of the NFL.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dang it all, you're gonna make me go search for this on the Interwebs aren't ya?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I never knew of JS saying this, but Pete did for sure. 100% positive. When we took the lead at :34 in Atlanta, I remember thinking, damn, maybe we're a year ahead of schedule.

We weren't.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't know if we can be lucky anymore. I understand that not every team has had an A+ QB but I just always thought it would eventually happen to the Hawks. Sooner rather than later as it turns out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He did say it in one of his pressers, but I'm too lazy to dig for it. He said that John basically had a 4 year plan laid out, but also said that he (Pete) was always trying to win right away.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
tacomahawk":hezf7ex8 said:
All I can say is if Pete or John gave me lotto numbers, I would sure buy a ticket. My Championship towel that I ordered, just showed up, and made it REAL to me all over again. We are the SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
I'm still getting stuff in the mail and even ordered more today. Though that was because the Seahawks Pro Shop took two weeks to tell me they were sold out of the stuff I wanted. So backed up that I just got the NFCC gear on Tuesday of this week! When I get that fitted hat with the SB patch and the Kam jersey with the SB patch... it'll be an epic day of realization.

Happy Nineteen Day Anniversay!!!!

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'm certain that I heard multiple times Pete Carroll said it was a three year plan. Anyway he was pretty close in his prediction.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2yscfsz3 said:
I'm certain that I heard multiple times Pete Carroll said it was a three year plan. Anyway he was pretty close in his prediction.

Way I see it, it don't matter much if it was a two, three, four, five or six year plan. We won the Superb Owl. Mission accomplished.

kearly

Reaction score
JS referenced a "4 year plan" numerous times during the first couple seasons. Not sure about Pete. The plan was not about winning a SB by year four but just about getting the roster to where they wanted it in four years. They basically accomplished that mission in year 3, then won it all in year four. In that sense they are ahead of schedule.

drdiags

Reaction score
Aros":19uk07l6 said:
Dang it all, you're gonna make me go search for this on the Interwebs aren't ya?

I saw the quote from John Schneider in a Field Gulls article. The one with a picture of him and Pete standing on the sidelines at VMAC during training camp. I'll go check as well. Pete said that John told him in time other teams would start picking up our cuts and it would be hard to make cuts. I think this was around the time they picked Wilson so it was leading up to their 3rd season together.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I talked to my non-Seahawk friends about the "4 year plan" many times before the season and mentioned that this was the year it was all coming together.

I totally forgot about it until now, though! I need to remind them of how awesome our GM and coach are again.

They nailed it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
God knew that the Hawks needed Russell Wilson. I'm sure glad that He made sure that he was there in that 3rd Round!

Would we have made it with any other QB in two years? Who knows?

I can say one thing for sure....I'm very glad that we did not get John Elway!!

Galen96

Reaction score
Last year, either post Redskins game, or post Atlanta, Pete said something of "Just remember, we're in year 3 of our 4 year plan. We're only going to get better."

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you! I knew I wasn't THAT crazy. <sleepy smirk>

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1ywbpdy1 said:
I'd like to know what their next '4 year plan' is.