Seahawks expected to release DE Red Bryant

drdiags

Reaction score
Too bad. Rice (probably) and now Big Red (probably). Hope my man gets a chance to go to the Patriots, where Bill expressed interest in him before he re-signed here. If this rumor is true, take care Big Red. You have my respect.

GM doing what a good GM has to do. I just don't have to like it. But I am an old sentimental fool anyway.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd hope Red would restructure but I can see how this makes a ton of sense. Not only can we use the cap space towards Bennett but this will make room for more playing time for Bennett, and we can finally see if "Da Monster" Jesse Williams can hold up at the pro level.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Love Red, but really his salary was too high for a guy thats not an every down player. Maybe he returns on a cheaper/cap friendlier deal.

And I agree with NFS .. Clemons is next. Miller could be after that.

niveky

Reaction score
hate to see him go if true but as has been said...when the hard decisions have to be made and the fo truly believes they are the ones that have to be made, they can't hesitate. they can't lose a step to everyone else. they have to implement their plan as quickly as possible so that the quicker they shore up areas they can focus on other areas they need to cover between now and next season. they will be probably kicking the tires on dt's all through the offseason as well.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I know the chorus of 'it's overrated' will correspond after I post this, but Red was a bone fide leader and veteran Seahawk. He was the spiritual leader of that team pre-Russ, maybe he comes back at a lower rate. I'm really gonna miss hearing him say "we wanted to weeeiiin."

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It makes sense, but the fact that this isn't being reported elsewhere makes me question it. If they do release Red and can't afford to re-sign him, then I think the five technique DE position becomes a priority in the draft. RaShede Hageman or Stephon Tuitt could be available at 32. Then again, OL is also a priority.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Wow I expected Clemons sooner but figured Red was an outside possibility, thanks to that roster bonus. Thank you for your good service Red! Hope you find success elsewhere.

Reaction score
I'm gonna miss Big Red he was a Field Goal blocking machine that one season. 3 IIRC.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
I hate this, but I understand it. Maybe he comes back at a lower rate, but I really hope he finds a gig somewhere if not with us.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Played 46% of defensive snaps per danny Kelly.

Like him but you can't pay 8.5 million for that usage.

Glad he won a Super Bowl.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This one hurts me more than Rice, particularly after Red leading the post SB "What's next!?" and I really believe he played really well this year. Gonna miss Big Red.