Will we see more 3-4 in the future ?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think we will with 4 very good LBs ( as well as Toomer that they are very high on ) under contract. I could see A very fast defense and a nightmare to pass against. Thoughts ?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
This team is a one year wonder it's not actually a REAL team, come on man.

chris98251

Reaction score
You tweek based on personnel maybe but we won't change the primary scheme, why would you change something that shut down the best offense in history.

Jville

Reaction score
Happypuppy":2936l539 said:
I think we will with 4 very good LBs ( as well as Toomer that they are very high on ) under contract. I could see A very fast defense and a nightmare to pass against. Thoughts ?

I'm going out on a limb here .... but .....

What I recall seeing, on limited occasions, was a variation of Ryan's Eagle Defense. The center and both guards were covered up by the two defensive tackles plus an end .... Big Red. That makes it considerably harder to execute blocking assignments such as pulling, trapping and pass protection in general. Since the 3-4 defense evolved from Ryan's Eagle Defense and can easily be confused with a 3-4, I'm guessing that is what your referencing.

Also ...... it's common to walk the strong safety down into an 8 man box. As big as Chancelor is, that may be your 4th linebacker.

OP
OP
Happypuppy

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am not saying we see a massive change but I think we will see variants of the base. We played more 3-4 last year than prior I suspect.
The reason is adaptation. The offensive coaches are pouring over the seahawks D tape. They will find the weakness in the scheme. However they miss the one key idea that is really IMO central to the D's success. The put the best group of playmaking athlete's on the field foremost. Right now we are solid at LB and DB. That's where are athletes are at on D

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't change, we dare them to beat us at what we do best, we so far cannot be matched up with given current offensive groups. 4 years and counting and were getting better not worse or teams adapting to us.

jblaze

Reaction score
Pete always says we play 4-3 with 3-4 personnel. That may change a bit now that Red's gone because he was the big DE in the 3-4 personnel part. Now it will be 4-3 with 4-3 personnel.

bigcc

Reaction score
if we were to move to a 3-4 we wouldve cut clemons, not bryant.

Latest posts