Always comPETE, he should ask for an extension...

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
That makes him the highest paid coach in the league. Say a 3 yr 26 million deal, ahead of Sean Payton at 8M/per.

It's his reward for being the visionary behind the 4 year franchise revival that culminated in the Seattle Seahawks winning SB 48 in NY, NY on 2/2/14. :p With the league's richest owner, the Hawks can amply afford to compensate the man who is rewriting the NFL's formula for winning.

But most of all, especially doing this ASAP or ahead of the draft, is that it puts enormous pressure on the folks down south in Niner Nation. :49ersmall: It would not only set the bar salary-wise but also put pressure on the Niners extend JH, let him go, even a year early, or force a trade out of the division. It might even drive up the pricetag higher than they planned.

Pete is famous for contemplating all the ways to compete and help the team. I would be surprised if he hasn't thought about this very scenario.

Bonus points if he be secures his extension from Paul Allen after ET and Sherm are co-extended.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm sure an extension is in the works (don't want Pete to be a lame duck) and coming fresh off the Super Bowl, he's going to get PAID.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Harbaugh hates PC so much, that he would want to top anything PC gets so in a way we could throw sand in the 9ers gears....love it, love it, love it!

JonRud

Reaction score
I hope Pete coaches here another 10 years. Paul Allen should and will give him whatever he wants. What he has done in 4 seasons is incredible.

Not to denegrate Holmgren at all who I respect and was a very good coach for us, but look at these comparisons [if I have all my numbers correct].

In 10 seasons Holmgren's teams made the playoffs 6 times and went 4-6 in the playoffs with one Super Bowl Loss. It took Holmgren 6 seasons to win a playoff game.

In 4 seasons Carroll's teams have made the playoffs 3 times and are 5-2 in the playoffs with a Super Bowl Win. Carroll won a playoff game in his first year.

And I think everyone would agree Holmgren inherited a more talented team than the mess leftover from Mora/Ruskell.

I love Holmgren but there is no doubting what Carroll [& friends] has done in just 4 seasons is spectacular.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Always compete. Win Forever.

You can't put a price tag on that.

Going into next season, I would be surprised if anyone on the team becomes complacent. Pete won't let it happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought I heard somwhere that it was being worked on, real low key much like Schnieders was.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
chris98251":3unc9pb7 said:
I thought I heard somwhere that it was being worked on, real low key much like Schnieders was.

I could have sworn I heard him say something like "Oh I'm doing great" very emphatically when asked about his contract during Super Bowl week. I wonder if he signed a secret extension or something. Can that even happen?

jblaze

Reaction score
Pete will get 8m or so a year. What does Paul Allen care? It's a drop in the bucket for him.

Penman96

Reaction score
In his post SB parade interview Carroll has already commented that he's OK in terms of his contract. He's a head coach and a VP too...so more than just a regular NFL coaching gig.

I'd think he'll be the first coach to top $10 million / year - and he'll be worth every penny of it. He's more valuable than any player we have.