Every TD in Shaun Alexander's career

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HawkFan72":8gv8o8ke said:
That stretch from 2001–2005 was just insane.

Historically good. People can say what they want but at the time there weren't many guys who were more fun to watch.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Someone put together a video montage of them all...that would be cool!

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I could get completely lost in that website there's so much interesting stuff -- but I agree video would be even better.

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Wow. I understand the soft comment (plus that weird unmanly clapping sideline video in the playoffs) but am I reading this right? #37 had 97 touchdowns (rushing + receiving over 4 years (approx 24 TD a year for 4 years). That's impressive. I know there's a better 4 year stretch out there somewhere but an average of 24 TD over 4 years...Wow.

Note - Our 3rd son's name is Alexander so there will always be Hawk Alexander jerseys in our house.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
cgfcgf":imktrdrv said:
Wow. I understand the soft comment (plus that weird unmanly clapping sideline video in the playoffs) but am I reading this right? #37 had 97 touchdowns (rushing + receiving over 4 years (approx 24 TD a year for 4 years). That's impressive. I know there's a better 4 year stretch out there somewhere but an average of 24 TD over 4 years...Wow.

Note - Our 3rd son's name is Alexander so there will always be Hawk Alexander jerseys in our house.

As soft as he was, if the goal line was involved he turned into a completely different runner. The problem I have with Alexander is knowing what he was capable of and watching him not give the same effort on 3rd or 4th and short as he did when there was the potential for a TD.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
10 of his TDs were by 30 yards or more. I wonder how that compares to the rest of the "good" backs since few of them scored as many TDs as Shaun did.

Smellyman

Reaction score
cgfcgf":1klav8z4 said:

Isn't there a stat where the hawks were THE best at 3 and short over his career?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The stupid thing is... had Alexander and Hutchison both accepted just 1 million per year less than what they both wanted and had Ruskell not screwed the pooch on the Franchise/Transition Tag.

Alexander would of had 2 more great year cementing him in the HoF.

Hutchison could have retired with Walter Jones cementing their legacy as possibly the most dominant Tackle-Guard combo in the history of the game.

Hasselbeck also doesn't get injured and brutalized because of interior pressure leaving him shell-shocked at times with happy feet throwing whirly ducks.

Seahawks likely would've had as good of a chance in 2006 and 2007 to go back to the Superbowl had Hutchison remained with the team and the trickle down effect of a dominant offensive line gave the Seahawks a certain toughness they lacked in post Hutch pre Carroll years.

How Ruskell mucked up everything is still beyond disbelief... he was horrible with using his draft picks and taking chances on big time players because of character issues which led to a rather undersized, soft team, pedestrian team.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":d490d8lm said:
I could get completely lost in that website there's so much interesting stuff -- but I agree video would be even better.

I spend a LOT of time at PFR. And luckily, it looks like spreadsheets, so if a boss strolls by at work, they don't look twice. :mrgreen:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
volsunghawk":34gfe20r said:
Hawkstorian":34gfe20r said:

I spend a LOT of time at PFR. And luckily, it looks like spreadsheets, so if a boss strolls by at work, they don't look twice. :mrgreen:

One of my most visited sites on the web. Never ending info.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2ssh2as4 said:
The stupid thing is... had Alexander and Hutchison both accepted just 1 million per year less than what they both wanted and had Ruskell not screwed the pooch on the Franchise/Transition Tag.

Alexander would of had 2 more great year cementing him in the HoF.

Hutchison could have retired with Walter Jones cementing their legacy as possibly the most dominant Tackle-Guard combo in the history of the game.

Hasselbeck also doesn't get injured and brutalized because of interior pressure leaving him shell-shocked at times with happy feet throwing whirly ducks.

Seahawks likely would've had as good of a chance in 2006 and 2007 to go back to the Superbowl had Hutchison remained with the team and the trickle down effect of a dominant offensive line gave the Seahawks a certain toughness they lacked in post Hutch pre Carroll years.

How Ruskell mucked up everything is still beyond disbelief... he was horrible with using his draft picks and taking chances on big time players because of character issues which led to a rather undersized, soft team, pedestrian team.

This was painful to read because you may be right.