Are the Seahawks going to be rusty?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Okay, we just won a championship. Let these guys enjoy their win...I understand that.

But being in the Superbowl already sets your team's off-season plans back a few weeks. Even more when your team wins a SB and suddenly the endorsements and interviews are all over the place (plus a well deserved vacation). My concern though is, this time last year I felt like I was reading about all the Hawks back doing their off-season workouts together. Right now all I'm seeing on twitter are interviews, endorsements, check me out on vacation, check me out courtside at this game. Heck I don't even think I'm seeing RW's typical 6 AM bible verse and weekly Seattle Children's Hospital visits anymore.

Again, I understand they deserve a vacation. But anyone else feel maybe the Hawks are going to come out a little rustier compared to the other 31 teams, and in a game of inches that could be a difference maker.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They were practicing for real games several weeks longer than the vast majority of NFL players. The guys didn't even start throwing together until summertime last off-season. Relax. It's February, bro.

#offseason

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Damn its still February...if I recall correctly. RW was out in Egypt riding camels around this time. The guys deserve a little time off

JMR

Reaction score
I'm far more worried about them not playing as hungry...whether they can still play like they haven't won it all.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Man, where do some come up with crap like this? Someone paying you to be stupid?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
-The Glove-":ivek9swk said:
Damn its still February...if I recall correctly. RW was out in Egypt riding camels around this time. The guys deserve a little time off

Yup. I was right.

nyrazugu.jpg

3e9ubezu.jpg

drdiags

Reaction score
I think the Southern Cali get together was after the draft and sometimes prior to TC. I thought it was after the OTAs, sometime in June. The softball stuff was in July, plus the guys were doing stuff back in their communities, such as Lynch with his camp. Russell with his camps, Kam with his BBQs and givebacks. On and on.

They all are doing something individually, since the CBA does not allow them to use organizational facilities.

They may lose a little bit of that edge, since they will have had hot air blown up their butts since, well all last season. They will need new motivational messages along with a change in leadership with the pending cuts projected by many. It is part of the deal. They know what they have to handle. Putting it into action is another story.

Challenge Accepted.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drdiags":2w7r1672 said:
I think the Southern Cali get together was after the draft and sometimes prior to TC. I thought it was after the OTAs, sometime in June. The softball stuff was in July, plus the guys were doing stuff back in their communities, such as Lynch with his camp. Russell with his camps, Kam with his BBQs and givebacks. On and on.

They all are doing something individually, since the CBA does not allow them to use organizational facilities.

They may lose a little bit of that edge, since they will have had hot air blown up their butts since, well all last season. They will need new motivational messages along with a change in leadership with the pending cuts projected by many. It is part of the deal. They know what they have to handle. Putting it into action is another story.

Challenge Accepted.

The session RW put together in Cali was the end of March

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Anybody heard if Russell is going to organize another Cali bootcamp like last year? Heard he was going to Spring Training with the Rangers. That would make it hard to do the bootcamp.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Russellwilsoninium does not rust. It has that layer of protection that defenders would love to have called Legionofboominium. They are working on something that does come close but have not mastered the complex molecular cohesion necessary for implementation. But it is in the works.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Zag, this makes me wonder, what are you doing today?
Are you doing something today, to insure that you will be better at your job tomorrow? :)
If so, great. Props to you. If not, get busy. Somebody is counting on you.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
When you are a jet at cruising altitude, all the work has been done to get you there, it is now time to rack up the miles. We will be firing on all cylinders, better than ever, may go undefeated or 15-1 next year, seriously doubt we will lose more than 2 games, worst case. That's it!!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
"Lord have mercy.........It's Percy" -Richard Sherman

Any defensive drop off will be covered by Percy Harvin.
We'll be an offensive machine next year.

themunn

Reaction score
what doesn't matter is how often you practice - it's how WELL you practice.

Remember all those comments about reporters never having seen a team practice the way Seattle does? Full speed at everything and aiming to "win forever", even at practice? That's what sets us apart

Xarbx425

Reaction score
They will be fine. This team prepares like no other in the league. Pete will have them ready.