BB to sue the NFL

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
This could be interesting. Looks like both sides feel their case is solid.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope they sue the bejesus out of the league AND Rog Goodell. The commish needs to be taken down about 10 pegs.

uncle fester

Reaction score
The argument about not being technically employed at the time is solid enough for a normal case. I just think the League will brush their mistake under the carpet and leave Browner suspended.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Nice to get some specifics, helps us fans to understand a bit. Still bummed about his choice to smoke, but it sounds as though maybe the punishment may have been less severe had the issues not been compounded with the incorrect address thing. Failure to appear, etc.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some good quotes from that article:

"As PFT has previously reported, Browner actually had been placed on indefinite suspension before he returned to the NFL in 2011, but he somehow slipped through the cracks when he signed in Seattle. (This is on the NFL AND the NFLPA, both failed BB).

"Here’s a potential accommodation the NFL may want to consider: Quit worrying about what guys do on their own time unless and until they get arrested for something." (Yea, focus on people like Rapistburger, Sharper, Hernandez and Ray Rice, you know, rapists, murderers and wife beaters)

“I don’t understand how the league can ruin someone’s career over this fact pattern,” Schaffer said. “I’ll represent Brandon zealously to make sure his career isn’t ruined.”

I sincerely hope BB makes it back to the Seahawks for the 2014 season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":39t6luau said:
CANHawk":39t6luau said:

You have inspired me to change my...what the hell is that thing called at the bottom?

Sig...nature. Signature. Free the Kraken, Release the Kraken....and if the BB wins, oh man will the reparations be dire.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
While I still think Browner's decision to smoke was stupid and selfish, I do think the situation he is in is ridiculous and unfair. I hope the NFL loses big time on this one.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
I hope he wins and if he does, I'm wondering what the monetary/punitive damages might be for the NFL wrongfully forcing a player to miss an opportunity to play in the SB? Talk about a rare, missed opportunity. I'm not a lawyer, but I think Seattle winning the SB makes for an interesting twist to the damages discussion if he wins on the merits of the case.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":2uu96rhd said:
I hope he wins and if he does, I'm wondering what the monetary/punitive damages might be for the NFL wrongfully forcing a player to miss an opportunity to play in the SB? Talk about a rare, missed opportunity. I'm not a lawyer, but I think Seattle winning the SB makes for an interesting twist to the damages discussion if he wins on the merits of the case.

Actually the big 3 is what I am thinking...Division game, NFC CG, and the Scrimmage after which is referred to as the OWL. LOL I think it will be big.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Best comment: Browner is seeking damages in excess of one million Scooby snacks.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger 29m
Reports are that Browner will seek an immediate injunction that would allow him to enter free agency and practice/play until suit resolved

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the NFL had kept in touch with Browner concerning his ongoing status in the drug program. If that's true, Browner doesn't have much of a case.

Laloosh

Reaction score
We knew this was coming. Hope he wins and I hope he gets to play (with anyone) in 2014.