We basically drafted 2 players with 1 pick

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
Just wanted to give a shout out to my brother @DougBaldwinJr ...a great man I could only hope my real son can live up to the bar he set! Lol

Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr
@RSherman_25 You still low key calling me son lol. Nothing but love my brotha. You the reason I’m in Seattle anyways. Brotha for life.

Sherman and DB just had this conversation on twitter. I highly doubt it would have been easy to get DB to come here as UDFA if we didn't draft Sherman. That must have played a huge role. We basically drafted two players using one pick.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
Sherman was ADB's "Big Brother" at Stanford. We've got a special team

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin had serious interest from allegedly as many as 20 teams after he went undrafted. When he decided to come here, we weren't exactly a choice destination for free agents. That's all changed now, of course.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3r41ei5j said:
Doug Baldwin had serious interest from allegedly as many as 20 teams after he went undrafted. When he decided to come here, we weren't exactly a choice destination for free agents. That's all changed now, of course.

Yup. He was one of the hottest udfa on the market. So happy he chose us

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Penman96":121p5ihy said:
I'm betting no one's happier he chose us than Doug Baldwin
Debatable. He'd get a lot more action on many other teams in terms of passes. He'd also be without a ring had he chosen nearly any other team, though. ;)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like Sherm had a huge part in DB signing here, but, IIRC, he was given the highest signing bonus for an UDFA that year. That might have had something to do with it too ;)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":3nls3lpm said:
Thats one helluva pick we took in the 5th round of the 2011 draft.

Leagues best corner and most under-rated WR. That 5th is now looking like 2 1sts and a 2nd. Dayum.

Now if only our 1sts and 2nds didn't look more like....well, you know.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2ehifbw1 said:
20 teams? While we sucked like Cleveland? Sweet Baby Jesus do we have something special here. Please don't mess it up JS/PC.

Throwdown

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3m1y9kfk said:
SmokinHawk":3m1y9kfk said:
20 teams? While we sucked like Cleveland? Sweet Baby Jesus do we have something special here. Please don't mess it up JS/PC.

His agent told him he'd fit here better, pair that with his best friend being on the team it was an ideal situation for him. I'm happy Baldwin is here, and I hope he's here for the rest of his career.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I have a good feeling you won't be disappointed. In other news did you know Tampa Bay is listening hardcore to offers to trade Revis? Gee. I wonder why.;)

rigelian

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":n4j4cqp1 said:
I have a good feeling you won't be disappointed. In other news did you know Tampa Bay is listening hardcore to offers to trade Revis? Gee. I wonder why.;)

Lovie Smith, Tampa's new coach is a Tampa 2 defense type of guy. One of the advantages of running a Tampa 2 zone defense is that you don't need an elite shutdown corner. Reevis counts 16 million against the cap. Why not trade Reevis and reduce the cap hit if you no longer need such a corner in your defensive scheme.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1tmwdicp said:
Just wanted to give a shout out to my brother @DougBaldwinJr ...a great man I could only hope my real son can live up to the bar he set! Lol

@RSherman_25 You still low key calling me son lol. Nothing but love my brotha. You the reason I’m in Seattle anyways. Brotha for life.

Sherman and DB just had this conversation on twitter. I highly doubt it would have been easy to get DB to come here as UDFA if we didn't draft Sherman. That must have played a huge role. We basically drafted two players using one pick.

Don't want to burst your bubble but it's a business....I highly doubt it played a role. It's a business and we didn't have good WRs at the time making it an easier team to make.

themunn

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":tks6uiy1 said:
Don't want to burst your bubble but it's a business....I highly doubt it played a role. It's a business and we didn't have good WRs at the time making it an easier team to make.

Baldwin was one of the most sought after free agents after the draft, there's a reason we offered him the absolute maximum contract we could offer a UDFA, and allocated 25% of our team cap for UDFA signing bonuses towards him.

We had to fight for his signature and something like Sherman being in Seattle is the kind of thing that might do just enough to sway you over another team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":6abnlwo3 said:
SeahawksFanForever":6abnlwo3 said:

You're right...out of all 20 teams that showed interest, our roster was the easiest to crack