Last pick in the draft

Rainger

Reaction score
Remember all the people who wanted to suck for Luck?. I mean after all what it the most important pick in the draft? Number 1 of course! NOT!

The most important pick in the draft is number 32. That we be :D

I think the greatest thing is that we hold the LAST pick in the draft not the first. I have never been so happy in my life to know that we are last. I think we should all want to draft last every year. Who's with me on loving last?

I love being last. :thirishdrinkers:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Ooh, we get a chance at a Mr. Irrelevant. Watch, our Mr. Irrelevant will more than likely go on to be totally relevant. Yet JS can't win exec of the year... :roll:

sutz

Reaction score
I'm with you. I never understood people for whom the most important day of the year is draft day. Even the hint of people wanting to lose games for draft position turns my stomach.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Actually we won't get to celebrate the novelty of owning the actual final overall pick in the draft (i.e. Mr. Irrelevant), because a large # of compensatory picks are included at the end of the 7th round (after the original 32 picks in the round), and the Hawks will not be receiving any compensatory picks in this year's draft.

Basis4day

Reaction score
sutz":377phcjx said:
I'm with you. I never understood people for whom the most important day of the year is draft day. Even the hint of people wanting to lose games for draft position turns my stomach.

I agree with the sentiment about losing for draft position, but i fully understand why some people love draft day. Only two fanbases are truly happy during the Super Bowl and only one is happy at the end of it.

The draft is the one part of the year where all 32 teams' fans have at least some reason to be optimistic. The worse teams have the highest picks and the better teams can fantasize that they find that diamond in the rough. It's an exciting day.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":10hph81h said:
Ooh, we get a chance at a Mr. Irrelevant. Watch, our Mr. Irrelevant will more than likely go on to be totally relevant. Yet JS can't win exec of the year... :roll:

This exactly, CAN.

The fact that even our undrafted FAs end up as more than pedestrian suggests that "Mr. Irrelevant" won't be (either pedestrian or irrelevant).

ivotuk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1wg4dinp said:
Actually we won't get to celebrate the novelty of owning the actual final overall pick in the draft (i.e. Mr. Irrelevant), because a large # of compensatory picks are included at the end of the 7th round (after the original 32 picks in the round), and the Hawks will not be receiving any compensatory picks in this year's draft.

And once again NorthDallas40oz pees in the koolaid.

Damn you! Are you sure you aren't Steve-0-Matic?

bigwrm

Reaction score
I don't know why but I like to think of it as us having the 1st pick in each round (eg. our 1st rd pick is kind of like the 1st pick of the 2nd rd), except we don't have a 1st rd pick and we get an extra pick at the end of the 7th.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
bigwrm":3jj4kk5y said:
I don't know why but I like to think of it as us having the 1st pick in each round (eg. our 1st rd pick is kind of like the 1st pick of the 2nd rd), except we don't have a 1st rd pick and we get an extra pick at the end of the 7th.
What?

Meeker

Reaction score
sutz":2v9dzs7a said:

I did that once, in 2010, wanted to lose the last game since we weren't that close to being true contenders and that one game meant quite a difference in draft position...it ended up giving us one of the best games in Hawks history, never again...

DrDix

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2vac36og said:
bigwrm":2vac36og said:
What?

Pretty simple to understand...

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Wow I guess it is to be expected but this thread went completely away from what I was getting at. I assume you all got it but the only way you get the last spot in the draft is BECAUSE YOU WON THE SUPERBOWL.

The thread was about wanting to always have the last pick because to have it means YOU WON THE SUPERBOWL.

It had nothing to do with the actual draft!

Sigh :229031_banghead:

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
DrDix":2qonxh8t said:
NorCalHawk12":2qonxh8t said:
bigwrm":2qonxh8t said:
What?

Pretty simple to understand...
I KNOW...Man, doesn't anybody get jokes anymore...do I have to explain everything to everybody? I'm really smart, I went to won off da gooder skuulls...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3opayajf said:
Ballsey, I like it.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
rainger":arx5b72x said:
Wow I guess it is to be expected but this thread went completely away from what I was getting at. I assume you all got it but the only way you get the last spot in the draft is BECAUSE YOU WON THE SUPERBOWL.

The thread was about wanting to always have the last pick because to have it means YOU WON THE SUPERBOWL.

It had nothing to do with the actual draft!

Sigh :229031_banghead:

We won the super bowl We won the super bowl we have never had the last pick in the draft in our history. I want the last pick again next year.

Rocket

Reaction score
I predict that our Mr. Irrelevant will be rookie of the year and an All-Pro.
I can feel it.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":sfuck0ug said:

Maybe we can get it? Trade our First Round pick for it, and let Mr Schneider find us another All-Pro ;)