If you could switch QBs with any other team, would you?

chihawk

Reaction score
This question was inspired by the 10-page Greg Cossell thread about Luck over Wilson debate. If this has already been covered somewhere else before, please go ahead and lock and throw away. Here it is....

If you could switch QB with any other team in the league right now, who (if anyone) would it be? And don't make it into a salary/cap/contract thing. Just based on the QBs that play in the league right now at their current age. Manning, Brady, Brees are getting too old so no one would probably make that switch. I would probably do it for Aaron Rodgers and Luck would be tempting....that's probably it. I would say we are in the top 3 QB situations in the league right now. To me, Kaep is no where close to this. Kaep has better running/scrambling abilities, but I would rather take Wilson's QB instincts and decision making.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hell no, are you serious?

Aaron Rodgers is a male with female emotions
Brady & Manning? No
Kaepernick? puhleeze
Newton? I like the guy but hes no Russell God Damn Wilson
Luck? pfft
Griffin? pfft

Russell Wilson is amazing, and I love him.

jblaze

Reaction score
The only one I would contemplate is Luck. The top elite QB's are all older so age means a lot to me here. We're talking about Luck/RW playing at an elite level for another 10-12 years.

It's unfortunate in some ways that Luck was in Wilson's draft class because he got a lot of the attention and will continue to. He's probably the best QB prospect coming out of college since Elway so he's very hyped and he's backed up that hype in my opinion.

The other thing here is ceiling. I think Luck has a higher ceiling and will have a couple of SB's after it's all said and done.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some RW but ceiling and potential means a lot in today's NFL. I think Luck could carry a team much in the way Manning has over his career.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
All those guys, save Brady, were all first round picks. We drafted what will be the greatest third round pick of all time. We hit on the ultimate power-ball ticket when JS and PC ran up to the podium with that pick. The other guys are too old, too expensive and just don't have the 'Seattle QB' aura that Russ exudes. Matt (personality) had it, Dr. Dave (toughness, grit and went to a school that no longer exists) had it and, even though i've never seen him play, Zorn (hippy mentality) had it. Forget the SPARQ meter, Russ is off the charts on the SEA-meter, no other QB will be acceptable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2i4o4lno said:
All those guys, save Brady, were all first round picks. We drafted what will be the greatest third round pick of all time. We hit on the ultimate power-ball ticket when JS and PC ran up to the podium with that pick. The other guys are too old, too expensive and just don't have the 'Seattle QB' aura that Russ exudes. Matt (personality) had it, Dr. Dave (toughness, grit and went to a school that no longer exists) had it and, even though i've never seen him play, Zorn (hippy mentality) had it. Forget the SPARQ meter, Russ is off the charts on the SEA-meter, no other QB will be acceptable.

That would be good company when looking at 1979 / Round: 3 / Pick: 82

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I like RW better than the other QBs and he's worked so well for this system (obviously). However, the potential is there for the other QBs to be better than RW, and I think JS and PC could make a player like RG3 play to his full potential. There are also a lot of other factors that make this realistic such as the salary cap.

i.e. If you're not willing to take Rodgers over Wilson, you're blind. Could you imagine the threat of an elite QB like Rodgers (who is also mobile) combined with our current running game. The Seahawks are already great, but they would be SCARY at this point. However, Rodgers cost way more money than Wilson, and therefore you have salary cap issues, which is why if you have a QB like Rodgers (Peyton, Brady) you can't have teams that surround them like this current Hawks team.

But salary cap aside, if we were to just keep the same exact team and trade QBs. Yeah, Luck, Rodgers, maybe even RG3 or Cam would be my picks. I think we still need a mobile QB threat to make the system work. Rodgers is obviously a better passer than RW, Luck I'm still on the fence because of his interceptions. The others have more POTENTIAL than RW and I think our coaching staff could make them greater than what RW is currently doing. That's my 2 cents. I love Russell Wilson, but the OP asked an honest question and I'm giving an honest answer.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Basis4day":14rg1ca6 said:
Hawkalypse":14rg1ca6 said:
All those guys, save Brady, were all first round picks. We drafted what will be the greatest third round pick of all time
That would be good company when looking at 1979 / Round: 3 / Pick: 82
Montana will still be known as the greatest Kansas City Chief of all time.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I question your morality if you'd take Rodgers anywhere near this team unless it's him and his packers getting curb stomped by us