If you have not watched Wilson's interview on Charlie Rose

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor.

Watch it. The whole thing. Not just the sound bites.

All the other interviews I have seen have been riddled with distractions. Russ kept saying the same things in a way that made you feel like he was running talking points, even though it is clear that he believes them. You normally only get bits and pieces and glimmers of the type of charisma/belief that would make a football team elect as Captain a kid that just transfers to them, or allows a head coach to pick an unheralded rookie over a million dollar free agent signing. This interview just strips everything away and makes clear why people believe in him.

He really believes what he is selling.

Charlie Rose doesn't even talk much, he just let's Russ steer the boat where he wants. The questions keep things on point and it is a great insight into the type of personality + drive that can turn a team from 7-9 to a SB winner. There is an unswerving belief that Wilson has in assuming things are possible and knowing/trusting the value and talents of others that is just clear there. There is also a deep belief in himself that really shows through.

One of the best interviews I have seen of him.

http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2014 ... rose-02-26

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't possibly imagine being more impressed with someone than I am with Russell Wilson.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I totally agree, Russell Wilson is a top Class Act... There are no better to represent!!!

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Anyone that wants to record it, it is on again tonight on PBS channel 108. He is on in the 2nd half hour. 12:30 in the Seattle area.

dunceface

Reaction score
he picked our name out of a hat before the draft……..HE PICKED OUR NAME OUT OF A HAT!!!!

*swoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon*

Tokadub

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the best thing to ever happen to the Seahawks. I think when all things are said and done he might be the greatest Seattle Sports player of all time without any room for debate.

I don't know why but ever since he started for us I've watched every game. After game one I was like "dang he looks really good". After game 2 I was like "this guy is going to be a legend holy #*("!"

That's a little funny but perhaps prophetic that I viewed him in such high regard after just 2 games.

In game 1 he had 153 total passing yards, 52.9% completion rate, 62.5 rating and we lost.

In game 2 he had 151 total passing yards, 75% completion rate, 112.7 rating and we won.

2 games for almost exactly 150 yards, hardly something to jump through hoops for. But yet I somehow knew he was amazing. His decision making was just spot on, his leadership qualities already seemed impeccable. He just struck me as an extremely intelligent quarterback right from the start.

I know I'm kind of a stats !#*$) on the forums. But I do believe my scouting goes well beyond the stats, that's just the easiest way to support a logical argument.

Long story short, I could tell right away how good he was and I've never understood all the doubters in the national media. He has won me over from the start and I couldn't ask for a better QB there isn't any.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Kansas City week 3 of preseason was when you knew for sure this guy was going to be the real deal.

And he really makes you strive to get he most out of your potential no matter what your walk of life is.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Best in Seattle sports history. That is high praise for sure. Where does Jr. sit on this list? He did some amazing things for the Mariners.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Loved what Russell had to say. Like most of these interviewers though, Rose had to keep interrupting just when Russell got going. Pretty irritating.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wizofwest":a9foc073 said:
Best in Seattle sports history. That is high praise for sure. Where does Jr. sit on this list? He did some amazing things for the Mariners.

He did, but he never won them a World Championship, something Wilson did for the Seahawks in only his second year. That alone puts him in unmatched territory. No slam on Griffey, but winning championships is the end of any debate in any sport, and why Wilson is already the best quarterback in Seahawks history.

dukestar

Reaction score
Steve2222":3rbjlrw4 said:
Kansas City week 3 of preseason was when you knew for sure this guy was going to be the real deal..
Yes...if I recall Flynn's elbow acted up and RW got the start. In the first half he led the team and scored on 5 of 6 drives and the 6th was a missed field goal by inches. Anyone with any kind of football knowledge knew after that performance that RW was going to be the starter. I was "all in" after that game.

McGruff

Reaction score
I listened and my big insight was feeling like Charlie Rose watches more ballet than football.

Laloosh

Reaction score
McGruff":2p3h2vte said:
I listened and my big insight was feeling like Charlie Rose watches more ballet than football.

46575170.jpg

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Wizofwest":f14wl6fg said:

Jr. was a one man show. I don't think I ever heard where he led anyone anywhere. He was a great individual talent but that's where it ended. RW on the other hand led the Hawks into a Championship. He is an inspiration and a spokesman for the players. Jr. became a distraction. It's not even close.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":1fyp8blk said:

"Russell Wilson was picked in 3rd of Round, after Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin 3."