5 Free Agents The Seahawks Should Target

96Kai

Reaction score
Hi Seahawks fans, :D

I just finished my first article of the Seattle Seahawks as a writer at , and I'm super excited to be honest. It's a list of five free agents they should target in free agency, and I focused more on under-the-radar players, who won't cost a lot.

Yeah, I wanted to hear your opinion about it, and it would be totally awesome if you give me some tips or tell me what you think about it (if I missed anyone for example - hopefully not, though ^^).

Thanks up front for every reader and for every critic, if you don't want to read it, then I'm ok with this, too, however sad. :mrgreen:

And, to maybe get a discussion going:
Which soon-to-be free agent do you want to see in a Seahawks jersey?

Sac

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure we pick up any of those guys. This upcoming draft is loaded at nearly every position, and we have great depth at every position already other than O line and Receiver.

If any of those are brought in, it will be to compete with the current roster and drafted players, and more than likely for minimum one year prove it type deals.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Melton and Oher could be nice pickups but the rest I wouldn't touch..That TE I doubt he will be ready by game 3..Who knows what he will lose from that injury..

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
IMO Oher is similar to Brian Banks. Feel-good story? Absolutely. NFL starter...Not so much. If we keep Bennett I also don't see much point in pursuing Melton. I think Keller's best days are behind him. In terms of free agents like those suggested, I agree with earlier posts that suggest adding depth through the draft. This is one of the MANY ways that Schneider>Ruskell.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Keller is a receiving TE. We already have that in Willson, who is just as athletic, larger, a better blocker, younger, and not coming off of a horrific injury. We need a traditional TE if Miller is going to leave; a guy who is elite at blocking and can still get open. Miller isn't the fastest guy, but he has elite hands and rarely drops a catchable ball.

I'd be ok with Britt fighting for a roster spot.

We won't be able to afford Melton, although that would be an incredible pick up. Coming off of an injury won't preclude him getting a contract in Chicago, and if the Bears won't sign him, someone else will pay the guy.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I applaud the effort but completely disagree with that list of 5 as players the Hawks "should target." The only one who is mildly justifiable IMO is Kenny Britt. This FO has show no inclination to pursue players with injury histories and/or those coming off of a major injury. And Michael Oher if flat out awful.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would go for Melton though it would be cheaper to sign Bennett or Britt but honestly I see us focusing on our own FA's if possible plus the draft being so stacked I don't see us being big players in free agency beyond signing our own.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would be concerned about Keller and Melton's injuries, so it would depend on what the doctors thought but I could see Keller being competition for Willson as a Winslow-type they tried to bring in a couple seasons ago.

K Britt would be a nice fit if his off-field issues could be contained, but I am not sure they can. Maclin would provide some talent and depth if the team loses one or both of its FA WRs, but it seems he could remain with the Eagles.

Nothing to comment on Oher. Thought he was going to be a solid asset when he was drafted but it doesn't seem to have worked out in Baltimore. The team does need to find an answer at LG though.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Melton could be a solid pick if he bought into it. Britt is a maybe but relocating him to one of only two states with legalized mary jane probably not a good thing. I thought we signed a move style tight end recently? I think the kid came out of Wisconsin and had a bad knee injury. Solid article though, that's the joyous thing about being a 12, there is no shortage of opinions.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd like Melton if we decide were not resigning Bennett. Kenny Britt is a Sidney Rice like talent, and i would love to see Pete and John give him a shot.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would go for Melton or Britt but honestly I see us focusing on our own FA's if possible plus the draft being so stacked I don't see us being big players in free agency beyond signing our own.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind letting Tate walk so we can sign Jeremy Maclin then draft a big WR in the 3rd or 4th round. I seen him play at Mizzou the guy is a baller. Imagine him and Harvin together.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Malclin on a 1 year deal and Draft a big Wr and let Tate walk. If Cooper can get 5y 25m Tate will too.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Britt has talent but wouldn't make the cut. Keller is an interesting cheap 3rd te. Los of upside would come on a minimum deal. Could Compete With McCoy Whoever Recovers Fastest Gets the gig.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2gpmgxjz said:
I wouldn't mind letting Tate walk so we can sign Jeremy Maclin then draft a big WR in the 3rd or 4th round. I seen him play at Mizzou the guy is a baller. Imagine him and Harvin together.
Intriguing because Maclin wants a 1 year deal while Philadelphia wants to sign him for a multi year deal at a lowball price. The guy is a probable number 1 WR without stretching it. It may be well worth the risk especially if we nail the draft.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Kenny Britt is an absolute head case and I want him nowhere near our locker room.

getnasty

Reaction score
FargoHawk":2v837op1 said:
Kenny Britt is an absolute head case and I want him nowhere near our locker room.
Don't you think a locker room like ours, a QB like Russell, and a coach like Pete can bring the best out of a guy like this.