Russell's Cannon

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
I was looking at the seasons highlights and my jaw still drops on the arm strength displayed by Wilson when he throws a TD pass on the run to Rice against Arizona. Man it takes some serious juice to let it rip like that. He is underrated in his arm strength around the league but boy does he have a cannon.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Definitely, love that throw.

WilsonToRiceArizona.gif

theascension

Reaction score
Outside off-balance throw, just crazy. Usually you'd never want to see that from a quarterback but Wilson just seems to keep bucking trends. Yes he'll get better in the pocket with an offensive line/offense geared to him but.. continuing to roll out doesn't seem so bad either.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How did he even see over his own very tall and big linesmen?
I mean ... isn't he like 5ft11? How can he see that far down the field?
I' m sure the ESPN draft gurus are still asking that question ... and I'm still laughing at it !!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is what slays me with the mediots who insist he doesn't have a strong arm. Whatever. Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He threw that pass off his back-foot. It was basically all arm. Think about that. Amazing.

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":32zc0x8m said:
He threw that pass off his back-foot. It was basically all arm. Think about that. Amazing.

I was thinking the same thing: he didn't even step into that throw.

It's also funny that Rice caught that ball in stride and still managed to fall down. It's amazing that he can make an ordinary play look so hard, yet make extraordinary sideline catches look so easy.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh yes I remember, he launched that ball. He's a guru with a gun.

Jac

Reaction score
DavidSeven":e583sky6 said:

I wish I could see it frame-by-frame. It almost looks like he leaves both feet while fading backward as he makes the throw.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Throw to baldwin in the NFCC was amazing too. after scrambling for what seemed like 15 seconds, he is sprinting back to his left stops, gets drilled by Bowman yet hoists it 60 yards to Baldwin.

No other qb can do what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRcMvv0e5CQ

lobohawk

Reaction score
There are some QBs that can throw further or with more velocity, but it depends on their being set. Once they get out of the pocket or on the move, their velocity/range drops significantly. Wilson's barely dips, as he has an amazing ability to snap the ball with just arm strength. Like a shortstop beating a runner to first.

kjreid

Reaction score
That was an awesome throw but if that play was open in the last 5 games of the season RW would have pulled it down and tried something else. What happened to our QB who the first half of the season would thread a toss through a hole where a silver dollar couldn't fit to a QB that wouldn't pull the trigger later on. Don't get me wrong he is awesome and I would never want anything else but what changed from the 1st half of the season to the second half of the season?

Latest posts