WTIII

getnasty

Reaction score
Haven't heard to many people talk about resigning him or maybe I missed it. I for one would love to find a way to keep him. Dude is young and versatile, I wonder what the market will bring for him.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I heard the other day that they really, really, really want him and that discussions have happened.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
v1rotv2":22dhsaqg said:
I heard the other day that they really, really, really want him and that discussions have happened.

That's good to hear, I know Pete's a genius when it comes to corners but you can have to many in today's NFL.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I could see the Hawks re-signing WTIII to continue to be our nickle corner but the kid's got enough talent to play on the outside in this league.

My crystal ball says he gets mid-level starter money elsewhere... likely on a one or a 2-year prove-it contract.

drdiags

Reaction score
The suspension probably diluted his market value so the chances of him signing a shorter term deal with the Seahawks goes up. I guess if the team felt the need to go out and get Antoine Winfield, keeping WTIII to fill that role makes sense. I would let him walk but if he signs a "show me" contract, that makes sense for him and the team. He should be a starter on a team like the Jaguars and many others.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's a good player but will likely be unaffordable. Sherman might be as well.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Thurmond's talent is indisputable. His health/reliability however, gives me pause

zhawk

Reaction score
maybe we can throw him in on a deal for the #3 overall pick they're shopping...or is he a FA?

zhawk

Reaction score
guess he's a FA... sounded good for a minute.

Laloosh

Reaction score
getnasty":1veljbxz said:
Haven't heard to many people talk about resigning him or maybe I missed it. I for one would love to find a way to keep him. Dude is young and versatile, I wonder what the market will bring for him.

Is he in stage two or stage three of the substance abuse policy now? If it's three, he better come cheap.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Injury history and the suspension have likely lowered his value. Doesn't mean we're guaranteed to keep him, but it may help.

usChawks

Reaction score
Take this for what you will, but I attended Pete Carroll's event at USC the other night.

As you might expect, competition came up, and Pete made a point to rave about Byron Maxwell. He described him as a 'happy go lucky' type of guy the first couple of years. Then Maxwell started to notice Earl Thomas' work ethic, and began to follow him around all day, picking up all of Earl's habits. Pete then said when the opportunity came up, Maxwell played at an "all-pro" level. I thought that was high praise, coming from Pete.

It's not really news to you guys, but I found it interesting that Pete would bring up a player most casual USC students wouldn't know about. It made me think that Maxwell has 'overtaken' WTIII in the pecking order, making Thurmond less of a priority than before.

Tical21

Reaction score
Pot is more important than a playoff run. I'll pass.

seadoc30

Reaction score
There are lots of good CBs in the draft which teams could draft and get fir cheaper than signing an up and down, drug using CB I the free agent.. I don't think he gets any better offers than what the Seahawks will offer.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Suspensions for drug tests go threw automatically, right after they are done. So you know right when he got suspended for smoking dope, is when he was doing it. No team is going to invest a lot in the guy. With that said it is not like he tested positive for weed anytime near the playoffs.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Jacksonville. All our course releases seem to wind up on seahawks East