Locked Out of Heaven

acer1240

Reaction score
About 2 times per day I hear this song on the radio at work and a wave of happiness just washes over me. This is not really my style of music but damn do I love that song. I hope that that feeling of pure joy when I hear that never goes away.

Riley12

Reaction score
Locked out of Heaven, 'Can't Hold Us', 'Hold Me Back', 'Best Day of My Life', 'Bittersweet Symphony'

If any one of those songs start passing through my ears, I get the biggest smile on my face and start picturing
Percy Harvin's return, the Immaculate Deflection, or some other big play/moment from the NFCCG or Super Bowl.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I would love to read your post but I can't look past your avitar...

OP
OP
acer1240

acer1240

Reaction score
Sprfunk":2palb0m7 said:

That hurts my feelings.
:mrgreen:

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Another song causing the same reaction: "Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas. The played that for about 10 minutes in the stadium after the playoff victory over the Saints in 2010.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm guessing Bruno Mars...they ain't playing no jagged edge that much

Keyhawk

Reaction score
acer1240":160zbwu4 said:
About 2 times per day I hear this song on the radio at work and a wave of happiness just washes over me. This is not really my style of music but damn do I love that song. I hope that that feeling of pure joy when I hear that never goes away.

I'm with you on that. I've played the song countless time on YouTube as it brings wonderful memories of our Super Bowl win. Go Hawks!!!!!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Damn OP....are you still stuck in 2013? I haven't heard that song on the radio in months.

James in PA

Reaction score
I had to go one better and download that song off Amazon because I now have a good association with it. My wife got a chuckle over this. If you know me it's funny because I'm definitely stuck in the 70's and 80's when it comes to music. The Bruno Mars song is very out of place on my phone, but its all good. :)

Riley12

Reaction score
James in PA":3e6g3tw0 said:
If you know me it's funny because I'm definitely stuck in the 70's and 80's when it comes to music.

I probably stuck even further back - 60's and 70's, but I watch the halftime show every time I watch SBXLVIII.

drdiags

Reaction score
ivotuk":3r35xfh9 said:
drdiags":3r35xfh9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3r35xfh9 said:
Sprfunk":3r35xfh9 said:
Guys never disappoint.;)

Welcome to our virtual locker room. Watch out for that Incognito guy, he is a hand full.

Was that a pun?

Yeah, my sense of humor is a little dry but I try.

JonRud

Reaction score
I created a playlist on my iPhone to commemerate the Super Bowl Championship. I will continue to tweak the playlist and all suggestions are most welcome.

I tried to make it chronological as best I could. All of the NFL Films tracks are from the album 'The Power and The Glory' except the Lombardi Trophy Processional which I downloaded from iTunes.

Here is how it stands as I listen to it at work now:

1) Loud Love - Soundgarden
2) Magnificent Eleven - NFL Films 'The Power and the Glory' soundtrack
3) It's Time - Imagine Dragons
4) Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
5) Can't Hold Us - Macklemore
6) Classic Battle - NFL Films
7) Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
8) Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
9) The Final Quest - NFL Films
10) Lombardi - NFL Films
11) Lombardi Trophy: Processional - NFL Films David Robidoux
12) Best Day of My Life - American Authors
13) I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
14) On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
15) Celebrate - Three Dog Night
16) Sing Together - Train
17) I Just Want to Celebrate - Rare Earth
18) We Are the Champions - Queen

James in PA

Reaction score
You should add Led Zeppelin good times bad times to that list. One because it's a killer song and 2 that was the song FOX was playing at the beginning of the 3rd quarter just before Percy took it the distance.

JonRud

Reaction score
James in PA":1hz5fvo8 said:
You should add Led Zeppelin good times bad times to that list. One because it's a killer song and 2 that was the song FOX was playing at the beginning of the 3rd quarter just before Percy took it the distance.

Thanks!!! I will do that right now. Great suggestion.

Just went through my iPhone videos from the game and added Van Halen 'Top of the World' and Tina Turner 'The Best' which were played during the celebration.

If anyone has any other songs they played in the stadium that I forgot please let me know.

Go Hawks!!!!