Results Thread: Top Ten Plays in Seahawk History

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Voting is closed and the results are below. Thanks to the following posters for participating in the vote: BC-Hawk, birdman5, Boiler, ceej22, DangerousDoug, dunceface, Erebus, HawkFan72, HawknPeppa, Raptor22, SalishHawkFan, Seahawk Sailor, Smelly McUgly, tical12, Uncle Si, and Zebulon Dak. Now, without further ado, the plays.

#10: Dave Krieg to Paul Skansi to beat the Chiefs in Kansas City.

#9: Curt Warner's game-winning TD to beat the Dolpins in Miami in the '83 Playoffs.

#8: Dave Krieg to Steve Largent to set up Curt Warner's game-winning TD against the Dolphins in the '83 Playoffs.

#7: Tony Romo botches the snap on a potential game-winning field goal and is tackled by Babineaux short of the first down in the '06 Playoffs.

#6: Malcolm Smith's pick-six in Super Bowl 48.

#5: Percy Harvin's kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half of Super Bowl 48.

#4: Largent's Revenge against Mike Harden and the Broncos.

#3: Russell Wilson to Jermaine Kearse on 4th & 7 for the go-ahead TD against San Francisco in the '13 NFC Championship.

#2: Beastquake, Marshawn Lynch's 67 yard TD run vs. New Orleans in the '10 Wild Card game.

#1: The Tip, Richard Sherman bats the pass away from Michael Crabtree in the endzone to teammate Malcolm Smith for the game-clinching interception in the '13 NFC Championship.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Wow, pretty amazing that Hass-to-Seneca did not make the list, though I guess I am not too surprised. It is easy for the accomplishments of the '05 team to be diminished in light of the team that actually closed the deal, but I think that play deserved to be on there somewhere, perhaps in place of #8. That play marks damn near the only time Holmgren tried something cute or flashy.

This really was a bad ass playoff season, though. I definitely agree with the notion that four of the top five plays in Seahawks history happened during the Pete Carroll era. Beastquake was the coming out party for our new brand of physical football, and served as an event that all fans could point to as a sign of things to come.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1t35u4rt said:
Wow, pretty amazing that Hass-to-Seneca did not make the list, though I guess I am not too surprised. It is easy for the accomplishments of the '05 team to be diminished in light of the team that actually closed the deal, but I think that play deserved to be on there somewhere, perhaps in place of #8. That play marks damn near the only time Holmgren tried something cute or flashy.

This really was a bad ass playoff season, though. I definitely agree with the notion that four of the top five plays in Seahawks history happened during the Pete Carroll era. Beastquake was the coming out party for our new brand of physical football, and served as an event that all fans could point to as a sign of things to come.
Hass to Wallace finished 12th in the voting.

dunceface

Reaction score
I like it! Thanks for doing this!
I really enjoyed reading everyone's opinion in the voting thread brought back some great memories and great perspective for the context of some of these plays for some of us that may have been to young to fully grasp the gravity of the situation at the time

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Barthawk":7sy8j7wo said:
surprised the Wilson to Tate buzzer beater on MNF didn't rate more highly..

I think it would have been a slam dunk Top 10 play, but the national criticism kind off took some of the shine off that play.

49ers

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2j6nwtt6 said:
I think it would have been a slam dunk Top 10 play, but the national criticism kind off took some of the shine off that play.
..... or the fact that it wasn't a legit TD, and even the NFL admitted it was a mistake.

If that had made the list, I'd be laughing at the top 10 in its entirety. Joke play = joke list.

The list is just right imo. You guys voted well. After reading it, the word "dynasty" is starting to creep up in the back of my head. You might be able to add to this list in 2014.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
49ers":acog9t3f said:
HawkFan72":acog9t3f said:
..... or the fact that it wasn't a legit TD, and even the NFL admitted it was a mistake.

If that had made the list, I'd be laughing at the top 10 in its entirety. Joke play = joke list.

The list is just right imo. You guys voted well. After reading it, the word "dynasty" is starting to creep up in the back of my head. You might be able to add to this list in 2014.

It was ruled a touchdown. Get the hell over it.

Barthawk

Reaction score
49ers":5d0o53iv said:
HawkFan72":5d0o53iv said:

I voted based upon pure excitement of the play as well as the significance.. If you were there at the stadium, the play was epic.. one of the most awesome moments in my 100+ trips to the stadium

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Kixkahn":1sspm9qg said:
seahawkfreak":1sspm9qg said:
Wilson to Rice 2012 Patriots? Anyone?
Or Chicago in OT.

Those two plays/games more than any others were evidence to me that we were ready to take a place at the big boy table. And now we're carving the frickin turkey! :twocents:

AKSeahawker

Reaction score
only one play from the Holmgren era and it was on special teams. Touchdown #28 for Alexander would've been good if it wasn't such a short run haha.

Raptor22

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where did the "Fail Mary" finish in the voting?

49ers

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":11sfjhd1 said:
It was ruled a touchdown. Get the hell over it.
I don't think you read what I wrote, based on your response. This play does not keep me up at night. If anything, I was 100% for the play happening. It helped give the 49ers the #2 seed that year. Had this play not happened, the 49ers would have been the #3 seed.

Barthawk":11sfjhd1 said:
I voted based upon pure excitement of the play as well as the significance.. If you were there at the stadium, the play was epic.. one of the most awesome moments in my 100+ trips to the stadium
This I hadn't considered.