Only thing better than listening to Denver radio Feb 3...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Denver sports radio January 30th and 31st... followed by their Feb 3 shows. It's unbelievable!

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Epis ... x?PID=1623

There are times where these two are talking sooooo much crap about how Russell Wilson's passing is absolutely no threat. The more they watch the SEA game film, the more holes they see, etc.

If you're bored and have an hour to kill, listening to some of their predictions, followed by their reactions is worth the time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've been listening to those when I have time. Haven't yet listened to any prior to the Super Bowl, but man, those salty tears are tasty.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
At one point it sounded like Big Al was going to beat the crap out of the other guy. Hahaha!

Escamillo

Reaction score
Since the SB, I've listened to a few podcasts of sports radio from places like San Diego, Houston, Atlanta, Indy, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly, KC, SF, Chicago.
And of course Denver. Actually, I mostly listened to NFC West and AFC West sports radio stations.

Most of them tend to be the same, lots of praise for the Seahawks with the hosts saying "We picked Seattle, but didn't predict a blowout", or "We picked Denver and are shocked at the outcome". It's pretty cool, though it starts to sound the same after awhile, but some things I noticed:
1. Way too much talk of Peyton Manning's legacy. WTH? Let the man finish his career, THEN talk of his legacy. I can't remember any other player where so much time was spent on his legacy while he's still paying the game.
2. Lots of talk about where Seattle's defense ranks in history, typical comparisons are with the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens.
3. KC loved the SB, because KC absolutely hates the Broncos, so listening to their sports radio podcasts was fun.
4. There's a San Diego Charger Power Hour podcast at XtraSports1360.com, where they absolutely love the Seahawks, loved Sherman's "Arrogance and Swagger" that he showed in the Erin Andrews post NFCCG interview, and said that Sherman merely voiced how the rest of the team feels. And said that as a compliment. I actually downloaded that podcast rather than just streaming it, because I loved listening to it.
5. I listened to Portland podcasts, but some Portlanders have a weird anti-Seattle thing going on, mainly because they hate the Huskies. I've known lots of Oregon folk over the years, and while they hated the Sonics, and currently hate the Huskies and Sounders, they've been fans of the Seahawks and Mariners, since those are the regional teams in their respective leagues. But recently there seem to be more folks in Portland that hate everything Seattle, including the Seahawks. But most of the callers to the Portland radio station were Seahawks fans, and loved the SB.

Lastly, I did download all of the KJR and 710ESPN post-SB podcasts for future listening in the years to come. 8)
And oh yeah, I know that schadenfreude a bad trait, but I couldn't help but download a handful of Denver sports radio podcasts too, also for future lisetning. :mrgreen:

Escamillo

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":14lebsa3 said:
:shock:
Who the H-E-double hockey sticks is Big Al and how the H-E-double hockey sticks does he have a job???
Rotfl

Go Hawks,
BillA

I listened to that particular show's podcasts a few years ago because they had some good talk regarding college football. I didn't take pains to learn exactly who "Big Al" is, but his name is "Alfred something" and he played for Colorado's national championship team (which they shared with Georgia Tech, I think) then won two Super Bowls with the Broncos. So he's a pretty big personality in Denver.

Dietrich

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":krxte0cm said:
:shock:
Who the H-E-double hockey sticks is Big Al and how the H-E-double hockey sticks does he have a job???
Rotfl

Go Hawks,
BillA
Alfred Williams. He played DE for the Bengals and Broncos back in the 90s.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Escamillo":2fd2cjo1 said:
Since the SB, I've listened to a few podcasts of sports radio from places like San Diego, Houston, Atlanta, Indy, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly, KC, SF, Chicago.
And of course Denver. Actually, I mostly listened to NFC West and AFC West sports radio stations.

Most of them tend to be the same, lots of praise for the Seahawks with the hosts saying "We picked Seattle, but didn't predict a blowout", or "We picked Denver and are shocked at the outcome". It's pretty cool, though it starts to sound the same after awhile, but some things I noticed:
1. Way too much talk of Peyton Manning's legacy. WTH? Let the man finish his career, THEN talk of his legacy. I can't remember any other player where so much time was spent on his legacy while he's still paying the game.
2. Lots of talk about where Seattle's defense ranks in history, typical comparisons are with the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens.
3. KC loved the SB, because KC absolutely hates the Broncos, so listening to their sports radio podcasts was fun.
4. There's a San Diego Charger Power Hour podcast at XtraSports1360.com, where they absolutely love the Seahawks, loved Sherman's "Arrogance and Swagger" that he showed in the Erin Andrews post NFCCG interview, and said that Sherman merely voiced how the rest of the team feels. And said that as a compliment. I actually downloaded that podcast rather than just streaming it, because I loved listening to it.
5. I listened to Portland podcasts, but some Portlanders have a weird anti-Seattle thing going on, mainly because they hate the Huskies. I've known lots of Oregon folk over the years, and while they hated the Sonics, and currently hate the Huskies and Sounders, they've been fans of the Seahawks and Mariners, since those are the regional teams in their respective leagues. But recently there seem to be more folks in Portland that hate everything Seattle, including the Seahawks. But most of the callers to the Portland radio station were Seahawks fans, and loved the SB.

Lastly, I did download all of the KJR and 710ESPN post-SB podcasts for future listening in the years to come. 8)
And oh yeah, I know that schadenfreude a bad trait, but I couldn't help but download a handful of Denver sports radio podcasts too, also for future lisetning. :mrgreen:

Share some links if you don't mind.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Well Big Al took that loss pretty hard. I think the best part of that whole show was him arguing that the team would have won if their running game would have been more consistent. When asked how he would accomplish that, he pulls a Jaime Dukes (starts shouting) and says he'd keep the exact same offense and just beef up the communication and/or effort between the o-line, tight ends and running backs and that there was no reason they would need to alter personnel on the team. Priceless...his counterpart was trying to correct him and then just gave up at the end; I would have been just as frustrated with him as well.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Big al was the guy who said Denver had the better secondary and the other guy compared Wilson to tebow

Escamillo

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2u1knbow said:
Escamillo":2u1knbow said:

Share some links if you don't mind.

I didn't save the links, but just do a Google/Bing search for "Kansas City Sports Radio" for example, and you'll generally get two or three sports radio stations for the city in question. But some of the stations have no podcasts or the podcasts only go back a week or so. And some don't give podcasts for the whole show, but just particular segments. Which brings to mind, what's up with KJR's "Mitch in the Morning"? Every other KJR show provides podcasts of the entire show, but his show only has podcasts for particular interviews, and it's been like this for years now. :roll:

lsheldon

Reaction score
Arguing is good, and I really laugh at Big Al saying I said this and I said that before the game. But if you go back and listen to the broadcasts prior to the game his entire premise is that he couldn't see a single situation that gives Seattle a win. Guy is a joke.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3c83ssye said:
I've been listening to those when I have time. Haven't yet listened to any prior to the Super Bowl, but man, those salty tears are tasty.
I did LOL, and it was so funny, that I just had to play it twice.
They were saying crap like, "Russell Wilson" the "Game Manager" isn't going to beat Peyton Manning, and there was an "Oh Yeah, No Way".
They talked about how Manning The Great ,was going to win it by 20, or maybe even 30, because Richard Sherman aint all that and neither is Kam Chancellor.
That 'Big Fool', er I mean 'Big Al' is a complete IDIOT.
They got a few giggles out of re-telling how Russell Wilson quit the notion of playing Baseball, because he felt that he had something to prove, and that he had a chip on his shoulder.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Can we move this thread to the shack so I can appropriately give names to Big Al, guy doesn't know how to intelligently argue, and he's incredibly dumb. At one point he was arguing with someone who was, telling him that the Broncos team that won the super bowl (a team he was on) had a better defense than the Broncos team this super bowl... I've listened to over an hour so far... I can't even...I wouldn't listen to Brock and Danny if they did this.

LOL, he's going off right now. He thinks a running game would have helped then win over a better defense.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Ok many of the hosts in this area underestimated us as well of the rest of the Bronco nation did. They had no idea what was coming. I just shut my mouth and waited for the game. It is so sweet.

In defense of 104.3 radio station though,,, they have done nothing but say how great our team is. Anyone of the shows have nothing but respect for the Hawks. Al has actually said that Seattle was really the only team that worried him-right before the playoffs.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I knew Big Al was off his rocker when he stated that the 49ers would be in the Super Bowl next year. Calling next years Super Bowl team from the NFC one day after this years Super Bowl proves he's clueless. Second clue was when he said he would take Kaepernick over Manning. Third clue was when he called the NFC a league.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":39sbih6j said:
Ok many of the hosts in this area underestimated us as well of the rest of the Bronco nation did. They had no idea what was coming. I just shut my mouth and waited for the game. It is so sweet.

In defense of 104.3 radio station though,,, they have done nothing but say how great our team is. Anyone of the shows have nothing but respect for the Hawks. Al has actually said that Seattle was really the only team that worried him-right before the playoffs.

That's because there literally is nothing for them to use as a crutch. All three phases, they were wrecked... If there had been any room for excuses or calls to blame it on, you better believe they'd have jumped on it.