Reminder: Super Bowl 48 Champions DVD & Blu-ray hits shelves

James in PA

Reaction score
this week. Looking forward to this DVD although it's disappointing we won't get the actual Super Bowl game. It just sounds like a recap of the entire season with some extras. I just hope they have some footage of the parade and the ceremony that followed. I was terribly disappointed with the NFL Network's coverage of the parade in which they mainly just carried the broadcast feed from a local Seattle channel. They didn't even broadcast the ceremony ... which was the part I was looking most forward to!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
My FedEx tracker shows it on the way and it should be here by Wednesday. I can't freaking wait.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
My DVD shipped a few days ago. No telling when it will arrive in my neck of the world, but at least it's on its way. My hat and T shipped before the disk did, but haven't arrived yet.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
BHF":2iomnph1 said:
They did broadcast the ceremony.
Do you mean the local Seattle channel? Because I dvr'd the NFL netwwork and I didn't pick up that part. In fact, I recall at least one other poster commenting on this as well.

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
They broadcast the ceremony. The parade ran way long so they had to broadcast it during Total Access, but I watched it in Kentucky on NFL Network.

Largent80

Reaction score
I live in SoCal and watched / recorded the parade and it most certainly did have the ceremony included.

BHF

Reaction score
James in PA":26wqlx59 said:
BHF":26wqlx59 said:
Do you mean the local Seattle channel? Because I dvr'd the NFL netwwork and I didn't pick up that part. In fact, I recall at least one other poster commenting on this as well.

Classic mistake. Always record the next couple programs when DVRing a live event.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
BHF":38sd59mh said:
James in PA":38sd59mh said:
BHF":38sd59mh said:

Classic mistake. Always record the next couple programs when DVRing a live event.
could have sworn I did that and they went away to something totally different anyway. But if you say the NFL Network did indeed show the ceremony I will take your word for it. I really wanted to hear the cliche "we're going to do it again next year!" followed by the crowd roar.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Just got my Blu-Ray from Amazon :th2thumbs:

There's an insert inside that says "Road to Super Bowl XLVIII - Original Newtwork Broadcasts of Seahawks Playoff Season including Super Bowl XLVIII, coming June 2014 on Blu-Ray & DVD"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Received my shipping notification from Amazon on Saturday. Don't have the package yet; should arrived tomorrow per the tracking info. Glad to see that message about the insert in there, DYLcurry59.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
FYI you can buy the actual game broadcast with Joe and Troy on itunes.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":958n5qmd said:
FYI you can buy the actual game broadcast with Joe and Troy on itunes.

I bought all 3 playoff games on iTunes already - i might pick up the discs though just to have a physical copy

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Does iTunes have exclusive rights on selling digital copies of the Super Bowl? It's not for sale on Amazon or Google Play...Annoying. The NFL better not ask me why I've pirated the game.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I got mine today from Amazon! Sweet. In the Blu Ray Player right now.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":3ouumjn6 said:

There's an insert inside that says "Road to Super Bowl XLVIII - Original Newtwork Broadcasts of Seahawks Playoff Season including Super Bowl XLVIII, coming June 2014 on Blu-Ray & DVD"
Thanks for the update! I didn't think the NFL released full games on DVD! Will be awesome to have the SB and NFCCG on DVD.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
James in PA":154el78x said:
DYLcurry59":154el78x said:

Thanks for the update! I didn't think the NFL released full games on DVD! Will be awesome to have the SB and NFCCG on DVD.

Here is a pic of the actual insert.

enynepa3.jpg