Russell Wilson looks sharp-spring training baseball workout

Jville

Reaction score
40303 mjr su5 027 5a83981aafee133fda28c618ec4f0182

NASCAR over the weekend and now baseball. Guess Russell will make a complete sports tour before deciding what sports team he wants to own someday.

Here's the link >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/russell-wilson--looked-sharp--during-his-baseball-practice-with-the-texas-rangers-193735228.html[/urltargetblank]

Woman at register tells me #Rangers have sold a bunch of the Russell Wilson jerseys and t-shirts so far today

— Aaron Levine (@AaronQ13Fox) March 2, 2014

Source >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/russell-wilson-merchandise-sale-rangers-camp-team-stores-211423091--mlb.html[/urltargetblank]

Bhv hkmCEAA7dL8

"Wilson makes an impression on Rangers" >>>> [urltargetblank]http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/russell-wilson-makes-impression-on-texas-rangers?ymd=20140303&content_id=68617198[/urltargetblank]

"Russell Wilson shows up early for baseball camp appearance" >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/russell-wilson-shows-up-early-for-baseball-camp-appearance/[/urltargetblank]
83613cb54cd8fdcd0601984bf85a6fa2.jpeg

JMR

Reaction score
Does anyone think he's over-extanding himself a little bit? Two rounds of hitting multiple talk-shows, a NASCAR engagment, on the road pimping the Microsoft tablet, Rangers spring training, upcoming passing camp dates at various locations, and I probably even forgot a couple things. Is this too much for one off-season? Is it going to arrive him at OTAs and training camp under prepared? I want the guy to enjoy the fruits of his labor, but I hope it's not coming at the cost of future team success. Last year he was at the VMAC trying to build his game and taking WRs down to California for extra work. This year he's dabbling in this & that and acting a bit more like a celebrity. I don't know if I'm concerned yet, but it's crossed my mind.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Sort of reinforces that robot label. He upstages the energizer bunny. He'll probably end up their spokesperson as well.

TXHawk

Reaction score
JMR":151gcion said:
Does anyone think he's over-extanding himself a little bit? Two rounds of hitting multiple talk-shows, a NASCAR engagment, on the road pimping the Microsoft tablet, Rangers spring training, upcoming passing camp dates at various locations, and I probably even forgot a couple things. Is this too much for one off-season? Is it going to arrive him at OTAs and training camp under prepared? I want the guy to enjoy the fruits of his labor, but I hope it's not coming at the cost of future team success. Last year he was at the VMAC trying to build his game and taking WRs down to California for extra work. This year he's dabbling in this & that and acting a bit more like a celebrity. I don't know if I'm concerned yet, but it's crossed my mind.

He deserves a month or so away from the NFL grind. In fact, it will probably do him good. Burning out is more a risk with him than underpreparation.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
JMR":190b931a said:

It's been one month, I would think he's allowed to take some time away from preparing after a Super Bowl victory. He has all spring to work with the receivers.

sc85sis

Reaction score
JMR":269i5vey said:
No. I believe this time last year Russell was taking a trip. The workouts Russell held in California were in April prior to OTAs.

This thing with the Rangers is only for today, based on what I've read. He and Ashton will probably do something as a couple to relax and spend time together (I hope). Then he still has plenty of time to do another unofficial week of workouts with the guys, followed by OTAs, his football camps in June and then mini-camp and preseason starting in late July.

Russell is a work-a-holic. It's good that he's doing some other things so he doesn't burn out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yesterday on Facebook he was saying that since he spent ALL of his time watching game film all year he had not seen ANY of the movies nominated for and Oscar and asked which one we thought would win.

theascension

Reaction score
Largent80":2p4c4wrz said:
Yesterday on Facebook he was saying that since he spent ALL of his time watching game film all year he had not seen ANY of the movies nominated for and Oscar and asked which one we thought would win.

Hopefully he doesn't burn out.. but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

JMR

Reaction score
Ok, all fair points and I'm not trying to sound alarms....just wanted to see what the prevalent thoughts were.

He definitely needs some time away to recharge the batteries and get some "me" and family time.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I will say that if I were a player, the first 1-2 weeks after the last game would be nice to be at home with nothing to do, but then it'd get boring. I'd be out finding something to do, probably traveling, so I don't think there's any reason for concern. He's probably sleeping more and definitely getting beat up less than during the season, so it's all good.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He played pro baseball for an entire spring before learning a brand new playbook at Wisconsin and subsequently breaking the NCAA passer rating record. I think he'll be fine.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Don't see how interviews, press conferences, and one day of spring ball is going to exhaust the kid.

He wants to be an owner, and work thousand hour works weeks. Outside of football, Wilson loves the kind of stuff he's been doing with his time off.

mikeak

Reaction score
JMR":2h2u17tt said:

He is getting paid $300-$400k / year - he has to try to earn the money somewhere else....... :)

Largent80

Reaction score
He is a multisport athlete doing what he has always done, no reason to worry....Well maybe a little. I'm wondering where the wife gets her "quality time" if ya know what I mean.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3bxmex1v said:
He played pro baseball for an entire spring before learning a brand new playbook at Wisconsin and subsequently breaking the NCAA passer rating record. I think he'll be fine.

Baseball can help him hone a few of his skills - including timing and slowing down the game. All without the need for a brick of a playbook.

mikeak

Reaction score
Good news is that every spring training leads to a thread about how to get the red QB jersey. Now people can - should be good for away games

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
JMR":d3p29dmq said:

I wouldnt worry about Wilson. I am sure he will be fine when the actual season comes around. Im glad hes doing other things instead of putting 95% of his time into football and doing nothing else. Gives him some much needed time away from football so he can come back and refocus.