Throwback uniforms

Subzero717

Reaction score
It is the offseason so its that time. Plus we have beaten every contract of every player to death so.....

I want them. Ditch the white on white and roll with the home blues, away greys and throwbacks as the alternate. :-/

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I love the White on Blue look, looks cleaner then the Grey on Grey. I might be in the minority but i wish our grey was a little darker, closer to what the Pro Bowl uni's

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1qixrjy5 said:
It is the offseason so its that time. Plus we have beaten every contract of every player to death so.....

I want them. Ditch the white on white and roll with the home blues, away greys and throwbacks as the alternate. :-/
No thanks!
We won the Super Bowl in the current ones, why mess with success?

seahawks08

Reaction score
yes, got blue, grey and white, need to change them, so that we can buy more and support the NFL:) I just wish they open up more seats in the Superbowl to fans.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Road uniforms should only ever be white on blue or white on gray. The white on white is terrible.

Would love to see a throwback uni, but alas the helmet rules prevent it.

My two cents.

OP
OP
Subzero717

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1h681d3m said:
Road uniforms should only ever be white on blue or white on gray. The white on white is terrible.

My two cents.

What about the helmets? GB and Denver?

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":13bb4eul said:
Seahawks1983":13bb4eul said:

My two cents.

I'm not sure what you are asking me, but the NFL has a rule that prevents teams from wearing different helmets throughout the year. So in essence, that prevents the possibility of a throwback silver helmet.

OP
OP
Subzero717

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":4vyhy4ov said:
CALIHAWK1":4vyhy4ov said:
Seahawks1983":4vyhy4ov said:

My two cents.

I'm not sure what you are asking me, but the NFL has a rule that prevents teams from wearing different helmets throughout the year. So in essence, that prevents the possibility of a throwback silver helmet.

When GB wears their throwbacks there helmets are different. Did something change?

Basis4day

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3jf4s5tc said:
When GB wears their throwbacks there helmets are different. Did something change?

green-bay-packers-throwback-jerseys-header.jpg

They wore the same yellow helmets with the "G" decal removed. It's a fairly new rule. They had been wearing a brown helmet to simulate leather in years past. They can no longer do that.

We're locked into our Wolf Greys as an alternate anyway for 3 addition years. The only way we could wear throwbacks would be with a special league exemption.

Cartire

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that Paul Allen hates the old uni's. Thus why we never put in a request to wear them.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I dont think the league would allow the gray as the dominant road color. I believe the leagues required the main the road jersey to be white, just like in baseball where home needs to be white, and road needs to be gray. So gray will remain alternate.

Home i dont think will ever change, or not for a while at least- is blue on blue

Road-

White top/Gray bottom- Ive said this before and nobody has given me a good answer yet. I dont get the white top and gray pants combo. Only gray in uni is on the logo on helmet. They ditched them this year so I was happy about that. In fact, they have never won in that combo. They went 0-3 against division foes in 2012.

Grey on grey- love it, but its alternate. Cant do anything about that

white on white- Im in minority, but i like this one. Its a clean look and looks great when dirty on mud fields like Washington and GB

White top/blue pants- My favorite Road combo. Ive watched SB so many damn times so the look is etched in my brain. I think its my favorite combo of all of them. I think they should stick with this one for most games.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I don't think Paul Allen likes the v1 jerseys. And he's so rich that he overlooks the fact that many fans would line up for a chance to buy v1 jerseys with current players' names on the back.

$$$$

minormillikin

Reaction score
This helmet rule seriously needs a rewrite because it makes no sense. It's not like teams are using leather helmets for the throwback uniforms.

Basis4day

Reaction score
minormillikin":2cqot5fm said:
This helmet rule seriously needs a rewrite because it makes no sense. It's not like teams are using leather helmets for the throwback uniforms.

It makes more sense than you might think. Helmets need to fit in a precise way and using a consistent helmet assists in that regard.