A gentle reminder about main forum topics...

A

Anonymous

Ladies and gentlemen,

Please, when deciding in which forum to begin your new thread, please keep in mind that we discuss the Seattle Seahawks, and only the Seattle Seahawks, in our main PG-13-rated forum. That means we don't talk about:

- Pot smoking or equipment used for that purpose
- News about other NFL teams and who they are working out
- Links to random swag/merchandise (even if it is Seahawks-related)

This is a family-friendly forum in which one can discuss the Seahawks without fear of profanity, sales pitches, other team's info, and activities that are illegal in 48 out of 50 states (and much of the world). Topics including the above will be promptly deleted/moved to the appropriate forum.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Go Hawks!!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Also for those random members with five total posts and insist on me buying a Seahawks shirt from Indonesia, "rear jersay onry 9.99 ship fray"

ZagHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2ae5l4gd said:
Ladies and gentlemen,

Please, when deciding in which forum to begin your new thread, please keep in mind that we discuss the Seattle Seahawks, and only the Seattle Seahawks, in our main PG-13-rated forum. That means we don't talk about:

- Pot smoking or equipment used for that purpose
- News about other NFL teams and who they are working out
- Links to random swag/merchandise (even if it is Seahawks-related)

This is a family-friendly forum in which one can discuss the Seahawks without fear of profanity, sales pitches, other team's info, and activities that are illegal in 48 out of 50 states (and much of the world). Topics including the above will be promptly deleted/moved to the appropriate forum.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Go Hawks!!!

What if it's Seahawks Mechandise that's not something my cousin made. That's on a legit website, somewhat rare find and just wanted people to actually check it out. i.e. You gotta admit that Seahawks Stein I posted was pretty legit, and was not found on eBay, Amazon, Fanatics, nflshop, Seahawks.com, nike or any of the other typical Seahawks merchandise websites.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

If you encounter something Seahawks-related that is for sale somewhere and you want to share that information with our membership, the preferred method of doing so is to PM one of the Moderators with the information. One of our esteemed staff will review the request and let you know how to proceed.

At Seahawks.net, it is much better to ask for permission than forgiveness.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I guess that's why the Lofa Tatupu comeback thread was deleted. Fair enough, Big Brother has spoken.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":b5w1utg2 said:
hawknation2014":b5w1utg2 said:
I guess that's why the Lofa Tatupu comeback thread was deleted. Fair enough, Big Brother has spoken.

Let's not be too hasty, your topic was just moved to the NFL forum...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90993

:mrgreen:

Gotcha, thank you! Next time I will do a better job framing the topic in a 100% Seahawks related manner, if it is posted to this board.

Anguish

Reaction score
hawknation2014":438f9edy said:
HoustonHawk82":438f9edy said:
hawknation2014":438f9edy said:

Gotcha, thank you! Next time I will do a better job framing the topic in a 100% Seahawks related manner, if it is posted to this board.

There is nothing about that story that is Seahawks related. It has no business in this, the main forum, no matter how it is framed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Anguish":36liqgcy said:
hawknation2014":36liqgcy said:
HoustonHawk82":36liqgcy said:
hawknation2014":36liqgcy said:

There is nothing about that story that is Seahawks related. It has no business in this, the main forum, no matter how it is framed.

Nothing? Interesting. I guess that is why there are so few topics on this board.

The Radish

Reaction score
There are many topics on this site. Just spread around making it easier for everyone to find their interest.

:141847_bnono:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
One other thing to tag onto Houston's reminder: please do not use adult-sized profanity in forums other than the Shack and PWR forums. In particular, the F-bomb is not allowed, masked, disguised, camouflaged, or otherwise dressed up with lipstick and a funny hat. It's a pain in the butt to edit that stuff out and send a polite reminder PM, especially when the offending post has been quoted and re-quoted.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":g1qwhymi said:
It's a pain in the butt to edit that stuff out and send a polite reminder PM, especially when the offending post has been quoted and re-quoted.

I can only imagine. That being said, and with all due respect, isn't that what you signed up for?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
TalontedNoseRider":3fbh5dxo said:
Seahawk Sailor":3fbh5dxo said:
It's a pain in the butt to edit that stuff out and send a polite reminder PM, especially when the offending post has been quoted and re-quoted.

I can only imagine. That being said, and with all due respect, isn't that what you signed up for?

Sure. Police still tell you repeatedly not to break the law too, even if they did sign up to protect and serve and give out tickets.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":3c32yppa said:
Seahawk Sailor":3c32yppa said:

Banned.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":k5lubh1l said:
TalontedNoseRider":k5lubh1l said:
Seahawk Sailor":k5lubh1l said:

Sure. Police still tell you repeatedly not to break the law too, even if they did sign up to protect and serve and give out tickets.

If a police officer complained about having to do his/her job to the very citizens he/she is "protecting" in the community, it would most definitely be deemed unprofessional.

Phteven

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":1vhqtpgb said:
Seahawk Sailor":1vhqtpgb said:
TalontedNoseRider":1vhqtpgb said:
Seahawk Sailor":1vhqtpgb said:

If a police officer complained about having to do his/her job to the very citizens he/she is "protecting" in the community, it would most definitely be deemed unprofessional.
posting reminders of the rules is part of being a moderator. Its not at all unprofessional for LEO to educate people about the law to help them avoid trouble through ignorance. In the same way, friendly reminders from moderators is perfectly appropriate.

The Radish

Reaction score
Perhaps what we should do is suggest new people read the rules,,,,,,,,,,Naw, to easy.

:roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
People forget, us MODS do this because we love what has been built here over many years, it's not necessarily the most fun thing in the world to do many days, there is some fun granted but over all it's giving back to what Aros and Rock have given to us, a place to share and be fans with like minded people.

Saying that there are rules, I know they can be read and they really are not that difficult to follow, it's not like reading a RCW.

The MODS are also pretty tolerant and we see posting here as a privledge and not as a right, we try to get it right and for the most part give people reasonable doubt based on the emotion of a thread. However, this is not a democracy either. We enforce what we see as potential baiting and upsetting information by edit or deletion or moving it. We also feel that we provide a medium to discuss and garner a lot of traffic, many want to use that for personnel gain as well, we simply beleieve in reciprical acknowledgement and asking beforehand about a website or product that a person wants to promote to make sure it's on the up and up and that were given proper consideration for using our place to promote another.

Our policy and rules are not a debate, that will get things locked or deleted and a member sent packing or on vacation if you choose to disagree in a thread. Use a PM to a Mod if you have an issue.

Didn't start off with the intent to get on a pedestal but it seems people need reminders that they are members and that it's a part of the application and acceptence process to follow the Forums direction and policies.

nsport

Reaction score
Heavy thread dudez.... It seems that every year we get a couple of people that take offense to the way the board is moderated. I won't profess this to the best board because this is one of the few I go to so I really can't be too critical. I will say it's certainly not the worst fan forum. :) (insert webzone here)

Just post to the guidelines and have fun. Don't give the mods anything to tweak and you'll never be banned, PM'd, locked, or moved. Simple!