Contest For New .NET Header Graphic

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've spoken to Mark and I have his blessing to announce a contest for creating our new .NET header graphic. The graphic (the main one at the very top left that is seen on every page of .NET in the same location) is a transparent .png file. What this means is that the graphic can be overwritten and used within the framework of the existing site's aesthetic without any major coding work for Anguish. I think we all agree that Anguish already gives so much of his volunteer time to keep the inner workings of this site in tip-top shape and we would all love to see an updated graphic to reflect our Super Bowl Championship status, so this would be a way to get that done very soon without a complete site redesign.

The Contest

Anyone with any design talent can enter, and could just be the winning graphic that could be the new .NET masthead! The size requirements are 755 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. The image must be saved as a transparent .png named "sitelogo_small.png" without a solid background color so it can be used on the existing color palette. You can submit as many entries as you like. Send your designs to: "mark" "at" seahawks.net. He will review them and the winning entry will be the new masthead. I am not going to enter the contest because my designs have graced these walls long enough and it's time for a new design style to take over.

Keep in mind a few things. Be careful when using the Seahawks logo. The Seahawks have been kind enough to let us use elements of their officially trademarked logo (the eye) through the years but I don't believe we can use the full logo. Mark can confirm this. Mark and Anguish may also chip in to offer any additional information for design/graphic requirements. The tagline should mention something about the 12's or 12th Man, etc... While not a requirement, I wouldn't mind if the "Established 1998" remained (or "Est. 1998").

Good luck and I'm excited to see the entries!

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the wining entry myself. Although it's not up yet, I'm already feeling a little nostalgic thinking about a version of .NET without a certified Breda Header.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Aros":1masigxg said:
My designs have graced these walls long enough and it's time for a new design style to take over.

Not sure I believe that! But it will be fun to see what people come up with.

A

Anonymous

This is a cool idea.

A question: I wonder if designs could be swapped randomly on a daily basis like Google does with their search page?

Reason I ask is, what if we get 6-8 that are all so sweet it's hard to choose?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3hnd7cfg said:
This is a cool idea.

A question: I wonder if designs could be swapped randomly on a daily basis like Google does with their search page?

Reason I ask is, what if we get 6-8 that are all so sweet it's hard to choose?

What may be a tag on your idea is if there are 12 of them, we could change it every month or if only 6 really really great ones, change it every 2 months. I dont know if there is a bot that can change it on our site randomly. Although I am not up on the actual site characteristics, if it was a manual change, it would be easier if there was a single pattern to work with. Just another thought. :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Perhaps pick the top 5 entries and let the community pick the winner via poll?

The Delf

Reaction score
Two points from me there.

1. I know, it's kinda silly, but, why not awarding the winner a special title ?

2. For those nostalgic users, let the "old" design still be a theme option.

:)

Msfann

Reaction score
I think its perfect like it is.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Any idea when a deadline would be? I would like to try something, but don't know how long I have to work on it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but let's shoot for all submissions sent in by Monday, March 31st.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Why even change what we have? Just add Super Bowl Champs XLVlll and make it good... What we have is outstanding and why try to change perfection...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I think it might be cool to use a motif similar to your signature pic, Todd. Pictures of players blended together on each side with a portion of the eye (as allowed by the NFL under fair use) and the SB XLVIII logo and Lombardi trophy. I'm not going to try and muddle through doing that myself, since I'm sure you don't want a MS-Paint-Special for the header, but maybe someone else might want to take a stab at it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If you get multiple entries put to the vote of the .net people, or do a rotation if you get a few really good ones.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
It's always fun to see the .Net creative juices flow, but whatever design is chosen, I would really like to see the SB48 logo or "Champions" added to it. Something like that.